• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand 22 - France 27

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Waterview @ Jun 14 2009, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Nonu too had a shocking start to the game with two knock ons and the All Blacks lack of class centres came out again. Mcallister is a player I don't have a lot of respect for. Why does everybody hold him in such High regard? a yellow card and a shocking 50 metre drop goal attempt in his last game as an All Black and he's still expected to save the team? he couldn't keep up with the pace of the game and gave up a terrible intercept try then showed no pace in pulling back the french fullback who was cutting angles because he doesn't have elite speed either.[/b]
Yeah - Nonu's immune system repeatedly rejects the transplant organ we call "a decent pass". Same old problem.

McAllister is good, but keeps getting called in to rescue hopeless situations. He looked very distressed in the chase down of Medard - watch his face.

Toeava is still an unknown quantity - at this stage you have to think that maybe he don't got it?

Overall, the ABs are nowhere near fixing their midfield problem. Clock is ticking.

Obvious changes for the All Blacks but do you think France will change their line up given that last night's performance was outstanding? as i recall, they have a few players that should be available for the second test who were rested because of the top14 final.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Jun 14 2009, 03:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Obvious changes for the All Blacks but do you think France will change their line up given that last night's performance was outstanding? as i recall, they have a few players that should be available for the second test who were rested because of the top14 final.[/b]

Yes NZ was not shining but does this mean the team has to have some time together for better interplay after changes?

While France has some predilection to save the squad unchanged as they played well yesterday

Firstly, well done to France they were the better team last night. Your defence was really impressive and it was really hard for us to get through and your tactics were great. A few French players stood out for me, especially your full back.

Now I think we shouldn't over react. We need to remember that we pretty much always win these games. We can't win every game all the time. Occasionally we are going to lose!

This was one of the few times you will ever see an all blacks loose foward trio get over run. I don't see why Thompson was played at #7. He's a number 6 FFS. 6 and 7 are completely different positions. Messam and Read weren't much either. Our scrum was pretty poor, I thought Tialata was terrible. The referee definately could have have officiated the scrums better but I won't start blaming him.

Donald I thought was alright. He is not international quality what so ever but he tries hard and did his best last night. I would probably perfer McAlister at 10 instead of him although McAlister was great last night giving away that stupid pass. Cowan was a bit disappointing, he seemed a bit slow around the rucks. When Weepu came on we started getting much quicker ball. Nonu, Rokocoko and Toeava were too quiet. The thing is, they looked decent when they actually got their hands on the ball. Muliania was the AB's man of the match I think. I don't know if he led as well as he could have but he was excellent at the back under the high ball. Jane was great too, it was an awesome effort what he did in the try we scored just before half time.

Overall, we need a bit of work on the scrum and our tackling (that French first try should not have been scored). I think we will bounce back next week. It's not like us to lose twice in a row. I was a bit worried at one stage when we were down 20-17 that the score would end like that. I was disappointed that when were down by 3 we didn't take a drop goal. That's what we should have done. I thought it was an absorbing game. Enjoyable to watch even though the result didn't go our way.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jun 14 2009, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Waterview @ Jun 14 2009, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nonu too had a shocking start to the game with two knock ons and the All Blacks lack of class centres came out again. Mcallister is a player I don't have a lot of respect for. Why does everybody hold him in such High regard? a yellow card and a shocking 50 metre drop goal attempt in his last game as an All Black and he's still expected to save the team? he couldn't keep up with the pace of the game and gave up a terrible intercept try then showed no pace in pulling back the french fullback who was cutting angles because he doesn't have elite speed either.[/b]
Yeah - Nonu's immune system repeatedly rejects the transplant organ we call "a decent pass". Same old problem.

McAllister is good, but keeps getting called in to rescue hopeless situations. He looked very distressed in the chase down of Medard - watch his face.

Toeava is still an unknown quantity - at this stage you have to think that maybe he don't got it?

Overall, the ABs are nowhere near fixing their midfield problem. Clock is ticking.
[/b][/quote]
I don't think our midfield is that bad. We have plenty of options but it is just a matter of finding the best combination. Personally, I like having McAllister at 12 and Nonu at 13. We still have Conrad Smith to come back in next week so hopefully that makes some difference.

Wow, it's amazing how people turn against the All Blacks as soon as they lose, shock and horror, they are people who will occasionly play bad games. I would say the All Blacks have some of the best centres in the world to be honest. Nonu, has brilliant games where he runs through everyone, it is just tonight it didn't happen so people will say he sucks...Well played by france, they turned up to the game and the AB's didn't, it's that simple. I would say that anyone is better then Steven Donald at this stage.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Jun 14 2009, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wow, it's amazing how people turn against the All Blacks as soon as they lose, shock and horror, they are people who will occasionly play bad games. I would say the All Blacks have some of the best centres in the world to be honest. Nonu, has brilliant games where he runs through everyone, it is just tonight it didn't happen so people will say he sucks...Well played by france, they turned up to the game and the AB's didn't, it's that simple. I would say that anyone is better then Steven Donald at this stage.[/b]

I'd say chemistry has to be the key there, the midfield of Waikato, Wellington, Auckland didn't really get going (though at the speed the forwards were going backwards they didn't have much chance). Hopefully a couple of tests will remedy the situation, or maybe smith and Nonu together at 12 and 13. Mcallister needs to get some fitness before he goes near the field, looks like he was taking it too easy up north

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Waterview @ Jun 14 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Mcallister needs to get some fitness before he goes near the field, looks like he was taking it too easy up north[/b]
Up north, where the French lurk? Makes no sense. McAllister was on the pitch for 10 mins and he almost burst himself sprinting after Medard. Must be carrying an injury.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jun 14 2009, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Waterview @ Jun 14 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mcallister needs to get some fitness before he goes near the field, looks like he was taking it too easy up north[/b]
Up north, where the French lurk? Makes no sense. McAllister was on the pitch for 10 mins and he almost burst himself sprinting after Medard. Must be carrying an injury.
[/b][/quote]

As in the Northern Hemisphere, where he just came back from. Yeah, could be an injury, but most likely fitness imo

I think what shtove is saying is that it ain't the Northern Hemisphere's fault he ain't fit because the French were fit enough to take a well earned victory weren't they? His own fault if he isn't up to pace, nothing to do with the game up here.

Good win for France. Can't take anything away from them. Simply put, the AB's had a shocker with their mainly 2nd XV. But every team has awful performances from time to time. I noticed yesterday that the JAB's beat Samoa by a point, that is good for Samoa to come that close, just a shame they couldn't get the win.. so it seemed NZ had a poor day of rugby yesterday all round really.

2006 - mortlock slips past mcalister to set up the match winning try for the wallabies
2007 - mcalister attempts a 50m drop goal, with only minutes left, france defeat new zealand
2009 - mcalister passes directly to the french fullback and is left gasping for breathe as the french seal victory

mcalister is proving to be the king of crucial f*** ups!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Waterview @ Jun 14 2009, 02:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jun 14 2009, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Waterview @ Jun 14 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

As in the Northern Hemisphere, where he just came back from. Yeah, could be an injury, but most likely fitness imo
[/b][/quote]

yes, it is his fitness. He's been injured for six bloody months... :rolleyes:

Don't listen to that bullshit that Chris Jack had been spouting. Considering how **** he was up here, he's got no right to comment.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Jun 14 2009, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
2006 - mortlock slips past mcalister to set up the match winning try for the wallabies
2007 - mcalister attempts a 50m drop goal, with only minutes left, france defeat new zealand
2009 - mcalister passes directly to the french fullback and is left gasping for breathe as the french seal victory

mcalister is proving to be the king of crucial f*** ups![/b]

Can't only blame him form that one. The ABs had nearly 10 minutes in the French 22 but were too dumb to take the easy points, arrogantly insisting on going for a try. 1-15 were to blame that time.

Didn't see the game so can't really comment on it. The one keyword that's coming back to define the AB's is lack of motiviation.
Maybe the boys still need to rest after a hard S14 season.

With the Tri-nations coming up next month I hope they will find their form and strength of last year and kepe the cup.

Well done France

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Waterview @ Jun 14 2009, 07:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

If it was "easy rugby" then he would have taken Saracens to Heineken Cup and Guinness Premiership gold. It is very dissapointing but I think this outburst was more about the rather dodgy treatment that Saracen's new South African outfit had given him. If he had played for a side like Munster or Toulouse I don't think he'd be as derogatory as he was in that article.

By the same token, if Mcalister is unfit then maybe that is his fault rather than that of a very dedicated and talented Sale outfit run by Phillipe Saint Andre. Be very careful of what you say, Saint Andre may very well be coaching the next French side to put the blushes on All Black faces in a world cup ;)

in my honest opinion, i thought the all blacks struggled to play as a team early on, they started to get it together and were coming back... then henry put mcalister on and things turned to ****. even when he played last week for the barbarians, he looked like a b grade club rugby player and i don't see how he can pretty much get selected on a whim over other blokes who have worked hard throughout the super 14 season.

So glad the Kiwis have finally been beaten by a NH team in their backyard! Its been a long time coming.

Very well done France :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Jun 14 2009, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i don't see how he can pretty much get selected on a whim over other blokes who have worked hard throughout the super 14 season.[/b]

Exactly how i feel. Its pretty ridiculous especially how he has come back from injury and is not match fit bar one game. But there's probably no one to fill in the injured guys. Perhaps Tamati Ellison or even Tuituvake (as a center)

Latest posts