• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand 22 - France 27

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jun 13 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Leonard
Mathewson
Ellis
Carter
Kahui
Smith
Sivivatu
Wulf
Macintosh
Afoa
Boric
Williams
McCaw
Rodders
Waldrom
Kaino

List of injured players according to ACT Crusader on the Silverfern... you could make a full starting 15 (except for Hooker) out of that which would knock both teams off the park tonight.

Hope someone punt's Donald out of the stadium, Nonu was non-existant except for the try and Adam Thompson was average, the next person who calls Read a future All Black captain will get shanked in the f***ing throat with a sharpend toothbrush, Kaino is the superior player every day of the week. Jane had a good game though, Rocokoko was looking hungry again and Mils is still the best in the World.

McAlister/Nonu/Smith should be the inside combonation next week, hopefully reinforcements arrive from that list above.[/b]
Mate McAlister was useless when he came on. Typical Ripper post.

I think we should give Thomson a break since he did break his hand early on in the match :p

To be honest, you guys should have tapped Riki Flutey when you had the chance...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jun 14 2009, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Waterview @ Jun 14 2009, 02:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jun 14 2009, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Waterview @ Jun 14 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mcallister needs to get some fitness before he goes near the field, looks like he was taking it too easy up north[/b]
Up north, where the French lurk? Makes no sense. McAllister was on the pitch for 10 mins and he almost burst himself sprinting after Medard. Must be carrying an injury.
[/b][/quote]

As in the Northern Hemisphere, where he just came back from. Yeah, could be an injury, but most likely fitness imo
[/b][/quote]

yes, it is his fitness. He's been injured for six bloody months... :rolleyes:

Don't listen to that bullshit that Chris Jack had been spouting. Considering how **** he was up here, he's got no right to comment.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Jun 14 2009, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
mcalister is proving to be the king of crucial f*** ups![/b]

Can't only blame him form that one. The ABs had nearly 10 minutes in the French 22 but were too dumb to take the easy points, arrogantly insisting on going for a try. 1-15 were to blame that time.
[/b][/quote]

Bbbut...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ May 21 2009, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Most SH Stars who head north literally can't hack it because of the physicality; Spencer looked average more often then not, James is **** so resorts to blatant thuggery as cover for his short comings, Heyman was turned inside-out by a 37 year old, Rico Gear has done precisely nothing, Same can be said of Latham, Harrison is ****. In fact, of all the recent arrivals, only Chris Jack and Luke McAlistar have converted well.[/b]
:eek: :huh: :D :lol:
Oh dear.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Jun 14 2009, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
*long ass post nost avalable to see up a bit*[/b]

We all get it wrong occasionally. Case point being you thought the SH teams can defend. SHz teams such as the All Blacks or the Sharks...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jun 14 2009, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We all get it wrong occasionally. Case point being you thought the SH teams can defend. SHz teams such as the All Blacks or the Sharks...[/b]

:lol: That's a bit rough considering the Sharks have one of the best defences in the.... ah i see, you be taking the **** methinks. But come on, really, one bad game and the AB's can't defend?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Waterview @ Jun 14 2009, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Chris Jack ? Just an anonymous second row in the NH rugby, after seeing lots of his matchs of course :rolleyes: I just see a little bit of bitterness in his word as he understood his real level :D He reminds me Oliver who said last year that the second french division is just a brute championship :lol:
As Kelleher, Umaga, Cotter and others SH guys said, NH championship are marathon competitions while SH one's are like a sprint, especially in France. Can't be compared.
And don't forget that at this time the french team can't be the best one because of the top14 final period, the marathon end.

Wellington match will be another shock, Dunedin "the house of pain" french performance was just a mental victory as always against NZ. Just observe the two teams in the locker rooms before the match...
I think you will win in the second test, but warning we will play without any pressure !
Play your best rugby and enjoy !

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Jun 14 2009, 01:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wow, it's amazing how people turn against the All Blacks as soon as they lose, shock and horror, they are people who will occasionly play bad games. I would say the All Blacks have some of the best centres in the world to be honest. Nonu, has brilliant games where he runs through everyone, it is just tonight it didn't happen so people will say he sucks...[/b]

Aye... Isn't that why Collins retired?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Jun 14 2009, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
2007 - mcalister attempts a 50m drop goal, with only minutes left, france defeat new zealand[/b]
Lol yeh, he totally lost that game. Not the 14 other players who did nothing all match.

And for reference, McAlister's been out for 3 and a half months due to injury. He needs time to get fitness and form back. Sadly for NZ they have nobody to replace Donald who can't transfer club form to international level. Weepu? Lol srsly...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZ Herald @ Jun 14 2009, 11:38 AM)</div>
NZ Herald :

Super 14 No Preparation for test Rugby

When assessing the fortunes of his forward pack, in particular the young loose trio of Liam Messam, Adam Thomson and Kieran Read, who struggled to match the French at the breakdown, Steve Hansen said it confirmed his thoughts that the Super 14 was "four or five rungs down from test rugby".

Henry gave that assessment more clarity later when he explained that the two styles did not match up, whereas the French top 14 was a lot more similar to the sort of rugby required to win test matches.

"It's a different style," he said. "It's played in summer. It's played on top of the ground and the ball is used a lot more. "

Isaac Ross can testify to that. He rated the step up to tests as "20 to 30 per cent more intense" than any match he had played before.

"Right from the first lineout, I was getting elbows and cracks to the head," he said. "It's a lot tougher. That was Northern Hemisphere rugby at its finest."

The tight five struggled to impose itself, often delivering disrupted ball and forcing the All Blacks to play too much rugby behind the advantage line.

"They were more physical than us," said Henry. "Their defence was excellent as well. The intercept try in the end killed us but we were the second best side out there. They deserved to win."

Cory Jane, playing on the wing, was one of the few bright lights in the team. He couldn't, however, hide his frustration at not seeing the ball.

"It was hard to get the ball," he said. "We turned over a lot of pill. They came out really physical and we didn't."

Andrew Hore is nursing rib cartilage damage and will almost certainly miss the second test. That will mean the squad will need cover, opening the way possibly for Aled de Malmanche.

Adam Thomson has broken a bone in his hand and may be unavailable.[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jun 14 2009, 05:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Waterview @ Jun 14 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mcallister needs to get some fitness before he goes near the field, looks like he was taking it too easy up north[/b]
Up north, where the French lurk? Makes no sense. McAllister was on the pitch for 10 mins and he almost burst himself sprinting after Medard. Must be carrying an injury.
[/b][/quote]

Due to overrun? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Firstly, this was one game. One game. It really seems like a lot of "the All Blacks are finished" talk so far being screamed from the sand box.

Secondly, the competitions in the north, in both the UK and France are much better than they are given credit for. That is partly due, to professionalism being something those countries are adept at managing. It's partly natural advancement, as these sides from up north are starting to adapt better to combating our Southern hemisphere style. Also an undenyable influence is the annual purchasing of dozens of Southern hemisphere players to play with and share experience with.

Still despite all those things, New Zealand, South Africa and Australia are still powerful forces in Test rugby and probably always will be. It's just that France, Ireland and Wales have all improved over the last 10 years. England peaked for about 2 years surrounding their World Cup in '03 and have had selection and coaching issues for ages, whilst Scotland have been spending too much of their kilt wearing time watching groundskeeper willie and tossing cabers at other porridge munchers.

You've got to remember, if this wasn't such a big rare event (NH side winning down under), you guys up north would scarcely find it worth a mention would you?

Hmmm, very reasonable.

But I divn't give a ****, because this is just brilliant:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jun 15 2009, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Scotland have been spending too much of their kilt wearing time watching groundskeeper willie tossing cabers at other porridge munchers.[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jun 14 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You've got to remember, if this wasn't such a big rare event (NH side winning down under), you guys up north would scarcely find it worth a mention would you?[/b]

Well it is a big rare event, but the question is, if an understrength french side who hasn't been particularly brilliant in the last 6N could do it_ without suffering at all might I add_ will it remain so?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jun 15 2009, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jun 14 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You've got to remember, if this wasn't such a big rare event (NH side winning down under), you guys up north would scarcely find it worth a mention would you?[/b]

Well it is a big rare event, but the question is, if an understrength french side who hasn't been particularly brilliant in the last 6N could do it_ without suffering at all might I add_ will it remain so?
[/b][/quote]

You only stated half the facts there, which is really poor commentary. The other half of those facts are that the All Blacks side which you played was not just injury-hit, but injury ravaged! If 100% represented the best the All Blacks could put on the field, the side in the weekend would represent about 60%, which paints a much more accurate portrayal of things.

That said you'll find many of the NZ'ers on the forum taking their hats off to the fine effort of the french performance, not so many gracious winners though sadly.

Yeah all this doom and gloom talk is f***ing me off. We have at least 10 experienced starting test players out injured and we lost against a number 1 French side... big deal, any team in the world would struggle with that many injuries against a classy outfit like France.

If we lose it won't do us any harm, especially the rookies in the side. After all, these are only "meaningless warm up games" before the real rugby starts... right? :rolleyes: Funny, when we lose they don't seem like meaningless games any more.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Jun 14 2009, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Jun 14 2009, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i don't see how he can pretty much get selected on a whim over other blokes who have worked hard throughout the super 14 season.[/b]

Exactly how i feel. Its pretty ridiculous especially how he has come back from injury and is not match fit bar one game. But there's probably no one to fill in the injured guys. Perhaps Tamati Ellison or even Tuituvake (as a center)
[/b][/quote]

thank god it's just not me who's crazy :)

when i saw cory jane on the wing i was thinking WTF. mils can play centre and nonu can play wing, both have been successful in the past. sure the all blacks have injuries, but they also have depth.

we'll see what will happen this weekend, it's not like they've replaced the real all blacks with a bunch of **** heads.. they're still first class players who are capable of playing good rugby, and hopefully henry puts them in their rightful positions and they can beat the french haw haw haw.

my opinion is to keep the halves, chuck mils and nonu in the centres and start roko and masaga on the wings and jane FB.

jane was awesome at fullback for the canes and i remember thinking "where is cory jane" during the game, didn't see him on the wing!!

mcalister can sit in the grand stand playing with his doodle while dreaming about winning world cups

It's not like we ever went on like this when we beat the French 47-3 in their own backyard in 2006, did we? Sure they came back with an impressive loss to us in the 2nd test in Paris 23-11 (more than twice their score there), but we never went on labelling them cheese-eating surrender monkeys did we?

Maybe this short term memory thing needs to be addressed. Maybe there's been a little too much riding on bicycles, wearing berets, moustaches and hoop-striped jerseys, drinking wine with cloves of garlic around the neck? They seem to be able to remember how to play the accordian whilst making sneaky, sexy moves on other nations women. Why can't they remember the losses which would make humble men of most others?

I suppose I wouldn't want to look back either.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jun 15 2009, 02:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's not like we ever went on like this when we beat the French 47-3 in their own backyard in 2006, did we? Sure they came back with an impressive loss to us in the 2nd test in Paris 23-11 (more than twice their score there), but we never went on labelling them cheese-eating surrender monkeys did we?

Maybe this short term memory thing needs to be addressed. Maybe there's been a little too much riding on bicycles, wearing berets, moustaches and hoop-striped jerseys, drinking wine with cloves of garlic around the neck? They seem to be able to remember how to play the accordian whilst making sneaky, sexy moves on other nations women. Why can't they remember the losses which would make humble men of most others?

I suppose I wouldn't want to look back either.[/b]

There there CA, nobody forgot anything, and the ABs didn't lose their first place in world rankings on one game. For a french rugby fan, seing his national side win in New Zealand is a huge event. The last time we did it was 15 years ago and the time before 30 years ago. Your side was undoubtedly very diminished and unexperienced, but to us any player wearing the Black jersey has to be one of the best you could ever face. After that 47-3 spanking in 2006 I remember Laporte calling your players "extraterrestrians". He didn't try to find an excuse, he virtually admitted in front of the cameras that an AB player was worth 5 french players. This immense respect the french have for the ABs is probably the reason why, once in a while, we manage to beat you against all odds, and that's because every french player has grown up with the idea that beating the All Blacks was the ultimate challenge, so they always give their best.

As for last night you probably know the average number of caps in the french squad was inferior to that of the All Blacks. And we were also missing key players like Harinordoquy and the finalists of the top 14. So the inexperience excuse seems a bit easy for me. I just think we were stronger at the breakdown and that our strategy was the right one, particularly our defensive strategy. That's why the next game will be a totally different one, as our rush defense probably won't work that well a second time.

I'm sorry I don't know any stereotypes about kiwis although I went there for two months last summer. I don't know if this is one but I thought the girls there were pretty easy to catch. Maybe the french accent?

Latest posts