• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand 22 - France 27

The AB starting line up was actually more experienced (350 caps) than the French one (347 caps).

Moreover, 228 caps out of 347 belonged to only 4 French players.

Yet another stat which is supposed to mean something............

Here's another one for ya. 61,000,000 people in your country and 4,000,000 in mine. If some idiots want to count the all the islands we so-called "poach from", then your adding another 2,000,000 at most. We still kick your ass raw over history. Hows that for a stat to mull over whilst you get invaded and roll over again?

We have about 10 potential players out with injury. Caps or no caps, that means something. No New Zealander has said that if those players were on we would've won. None. We've just said that we are depleted. It's Logohhrea putting words in peoples mouths.

What do you want us to say Cordoniou? That France are the best team in the world right now? Really? Is that what you believe? Then good for you. A mind that has been washed, put on the spin cycle and then hung out to dry can't be changed.

This is where the interpretationalists will come out after this post and say that "He said all french men are brainwashed!!! Calllllllll the poliiiiicccce!", when I was only referring to you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jun 16 2009, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We've just said that we are depleted. It's Logohhrea putting words in peoples mouths.[/b]
Did I? Hold on a second I'll review ...................

Okay I may have started badly.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Jun 15 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Gracious? you mean the .......... "well done for beating our injury ravaged team" comments?[/b]
But hold on, didnt Steve-o confirm this view, while also trying defend against mites orrible attack on all SH rugby which obvoiusly went way over board (shame on you Mite for mentioning the "T" word).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Jun 16 2009, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yes France played well and deserved to win, no arguments there but you have to be really desperate not to acknowledge that this was a very average AB due to uncontrollable events (injuries). The majority of this team has never played together.[/b]
You yourself went further by saying your only doing it because they started it which I thought was the perfect justification for your arguements:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jun 15 2009, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah, I am being gracious. Equally gracious Logorrhea, they said first that their team was understrength. Which isn't gracious winning is it?[/b]

We both agreed that throwing stuff at players is NOT a reflection of any nation, but I asked if anyone in NZ was doing anything about it?

Anyhoo, I still dont see where I'm putting words in anyones mouth. Ive pretty much agreed with everything you lot have said. As I said myself at the end "So were all agreed then. France deserved to win. They are respected by all but they didnt beat the REAL NZ team so it doesnt count?". Are you trying to say thats NOT what you meant? Cause it sure sounded like it. Maybe I'm wrong though eh.

The facts are your right. Of course NZ were understrength, more so then the French, who were also understrength. But after beating you for the first time away in 15 years how do you expect the French fans to react when you come out with that stuff. On one hand you say well done, on the other you discredit the validity of the win due to injuries. Of course they will be riled. Its the internet, thats what happens on the internet.

The other thing is we all do it. Ireland when they miss O'Driscoll, Wales when they miss Henson (unless they win the GS, then they are even more awesome), France when their coach picked his teams out of a hat, England have Borthwick so until he goes its all we will hear.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jun 16 2009, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yet another stat which is supposed to mean something............[/b]

Sure it means something, the argument that the ABs players on the pitch lacked test exposure is pure bullsh**t, half the french got its first cap in 2008 or 2009. I saw on other forum that France is supposed to have beaten the baby blacks, then baby blues have beaten the baby blacks.

That French team was very inexperienced and that's not something you read a lot about in the medias.

Have I said that France is the best team in the world, no I have not simply because that's not the case.

Medard (first cap November 2008 and what a class act he is)
TrinhDuc (first cap in 2008)
Dupuy (first cap against the Abs June 2009)
Bastareaud (first cap against Wales in February 2009)
Barcella (first cap in 2008)
Puricelli (first cap against the Abs June 2009)
Chouly (first cap against the Abs June 2009, but I am not 100% sure)
Picamoles (first cap in 2008)
Ouedrago (first cap in 2008)

In addition , injuries have taken their toll too Ellissalde, Bonnaire, Rougerie, Nallet, Skrela (Trinh Duc was not initially selected), Parra

I will concede howver that the missing ABs players are the key ones, this is more important than the total numbers of injuries. McCaw and Carter are match winning players whose importance cannot be measured in simple numbers.

Was NZ team more understrenth than France...won't tell about it.
What I think is both were presenting A teams, with a lot of injuries in the key positions for NZ, as France is still under Lievremont's exerimentations, and as it's already been said numbers of caps were globaly equivalents.

I won't commit suicide minding having won in front a REAL NZ team or not. This victory is deserved because
NZ were home and had serious reasons not to loose after the WRC quarter final they lost previouly, and moreover because France did not won only because of its defense but also because they scored 3 tries.
Having said that, I don't think any France fan is not aware of how rare and wonderfull any victory against what I consider the Lords of Rugby remains.
We sometimes beat you (every decade in the best conditions...) by less than 10 pts, rest of times are a +20 to 40 pts defeats!!!

Ne boudons pas notre plaisir (will try to translate this idiom meaning "enjoy this momment").
As for the cans and bottles thrown on the Bleus after the match, I'd say that even it's unfortunately not a specific NZ matter and must not be an overrated phenomena, it's still sad to see this kind of behavior in a country where rugby has historically been raised as a religion.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Jun 16 2009, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Bahhhh Mite doesnt count. He spends more time giving out about NH rugby then he does about SH.

Steve-o knows that too.[/b]

I spend my time giving out, full stop. I show no bias in my critisisms.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jun 16 2009, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Here's another one for ya. 61,000,000 people in your country and 4,000,000 in mine. If some idiots want to count the all the islands we so-called "poach from", then your adding another 2,000,000 at most. We still kick your ass raw over history. Hows that for a stat to mull over whilst you get invaded and roll over again?[/b]

No point going into those extremes - we get that stuff all the time (been living in NZ for 3 years) - and it sounds like bad blood everytime.

I talk for myself and a lot of french fans - i don't think you can even imagine how much the french respect the AB's - because kiwis don't seem to respect other teams very much (except the Safas).

I guess i base my jugdment from the drunken guys comments at the pub or at the stadium, and also the NZ media who is fueling the hate. I mean, i was reading articles in the NZ heralds called "Reasons to Hate the French" (ok, there was also a slightly shorter article "Reasons to love the Fench") But seriously, you'll never see an article ***led "Reasons to hate the Kiwis" or even "Reasons to hate the Rosebeefs" in france - that's not sports journalism (read that retard Chris Ratue from the Herald to understand what i am talking about)

i guess, all I am trying to say is that it's natural to be happy when you defeat the best rugby nation in the world - it's not rubbing it in your face, can we enjoy it at least a week every 15 years? is that too much to ask without having you trying to undermine France's win by providing excuses. When we got our asses mauled two years ago in NZ, we didn't try to find excuses, you just outclassed us and that was it - we lost.

I do think that NZ needs to lose more games - when you'll have lost as many games as we did you'll know how to lose without bitterness - damn, we lost so many times that we got used to it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Enguelaz @ Jun 16 2009, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jun 16 2009, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here's another one for ya. 61,000,000 people in your country and 4,000,000 in mine. If some idiots want to count the all the islands we so-called "poach from", then your adding another 2,000,000 at most. We still kick your ass raw over history. Hows that for a stat to mull over whilst you get invaded and roll over again?[/b]

No point going into those extremes - we get that stuff all the time (been living in NZ for 3 years) - and it sounds like bad blood everytime.

I talk for myself and a lot of french fans - i don't think you can even imagine how much the french respect the AB's - because kiwis don't seem to respect other teams very much (except the Safas).

I guess i base my jugdment from the drunken guys comments at the pub or at the stadium, and also the NZ media who is fueling the hate. I mean, i was reading articles in the NZ heralds called "Reasons to Hate the French" (ok, there was also a slightly shorter article "Reasons to love the Fench") But seriously, you'll never see an article ***led "Reasons to hate the Kiwis" or even "Reasons to hate the Rosebeefs" in france - that's not sports journalism (read that retard Chris Ratue from the Herald to understand what i am talking about)

i guess, all I am trying to say is that it's natural to be happy when you defeat the best rugby nation in the world - it's not rubbing it in your face, can we enjoy it at least a week every 15 years? is that too much to ask without having you trying to undermine France's win by providing excuses. When we got our asses mauled two years ago in NZ, we didn't try to find excuses, you just outclassed us and that was it - we lost.

I do think that NZ needs to lose more games - when you'll have lost as many games as we did you'll know how to lose without bitterness - damn, we lost so many times that we got used to it.
[/b][/quote]

Nah that article was just for fun, and actually he didn't write it it's an old list of jokes the anglo-saxon journalists use almost every time France plays. Most of the jokes are actually quite pro french like that one : "Apparently the French weren't convinced Saddam Hussein had WMDs, didn't believe he had links to al Qaeda and Islamic terrorism and didn't think the conflict could be easily won. More fool them." You don't have to be an expert in irony to understand it's rather flattering.
The fact that the Parisians are rude is a renown fact, and three quarters of the french population (those who don't live in Paris) will agree with it. I myself live in a quite touristic neighborhood in Paris and one of my favorite things is to be rude to the fat american families who ask me where the Eiffel tower is when they're at the Sacre Coeur. Sorry I've lived there for ten years now and I've enjoyed it for ten years... So I usually answer "follow the coca cola cans on the pavement and it should lead you there".
Drunken kiwis are the funniest people in the world. For a french fan above all, as we've had the right, for ten years now, to rub our world cup victories over them in their faces whenever they try to talk about those 40 points spankings they give us every now and then. The old "Kiwis are the world champions of meaningless games" is generally a good way to start funny conversations.

Enguelaz, don't be mad at CA, his french tumour is hurting at the moment but I'm sure he's got nothing against us...

Lol, yeah I'm just trying to fuel discussion and everyone is buying into it big time.Besides the All Blacks, France is the side I least mind beating us as I've always had a soft spot for sides with attacking flair. If I could add another international jersey to the two I have, it'd be a french one. Change back to royal blue though, it sucks playing you guys with either team in white!

"Bonjourrrr, you cheese-eating surrender monkeys!" ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jun 17 2009, 01:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Lol, yeah I'm just trying to fuel discussion and everyone is buying into it big time.Besides the All Blacks, France is the side I least mind beating us as I've always had a soft spot for sides with attacking flair. If I could add another international jersey to the two I have, it'd be a french one. Change back to royal blue though, it sucks playing you guys with either team in white!

"Bonjourrrr, you cheese-eating surrender monkeys!" ;)[/b]

Lol that's us, ya belly dancing sheep f***ing alcoholic figian robbers. Btw that whole sheep f***ing thing, I really think it's stupid and mean. I mean, just because you have a lot of sheep in your country doesn't mean you don't also like to f*** the occasional possum does it? It's such a reductive statement! ;)

So what is it with the white jerseys, symbolic of waving the white flag from your military history?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jun 17 2009, 01:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So what is it with the white jerseys, symbolic of waving the white flag from your military history?[/b]

Of course mon ami ! Well what can I say about that, as long as I'm not forced to trade my morning baguette and croissants for baked beans on toasts I won't be too mad at Napoleon for losing that stupid battle...

I love the french, I thought you had some brilliant actors in that documentary of french life during world war 2. Called 'Allo 'Allo from memory.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jun 17 2009, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Enguelaz @ Jun 16 2009, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jun 16 2009, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Nah that article was just for fun, and actually he didn't write it it's an old list of jokes the anglo-saxon journalists use almost every time France plays. Most of the jokes are actually quite pro french like that one : "Apparently the French weren't convinced Saddam Hussein had WMDs, didn't believe he had links to al Qaeda and Islamic terrorism and didn't think the conflict could be easily won. More fool them." You don't have to be an expert in irony to understand it's rather flattering.
The fact that the Parisians are rude is a renown fact, and three quarters of the french population (those who don't live in Paris) will agree with it. I myself live in a quite touristic neighborhood in Paris and one of my favorite things is to be rude to the fat american families who ask me where the Eiffel tower is when they're at the Sacre Coeur. Sorry I've lived there for ten years now and I've enjoyed it for ten years... So I usually answer "follow the coca cola cans on the pavement and it should lead you there".
Drunken kiwis are the funniest people in the world. For a french fan above all, as we've had the right, for ten years now, to rub our world cup victories over them in their faces whenever they try to talk about those 40 points spankings they give us every now and then. The old "Kiwis are the world champions of meaningless games" is generally a good way to start funny conversations.

Enguelaz, don't be mad at CA, his french tumour is hurting at the moment but I'm sure he's got nothing against us...
[/b][/quote]
yeah, i got the irony of the article thanks ;) but these articles are still not dwelling in terms of sport journalism - and the Chris Ratue articles i was talking about were during the last world cup when that guy was releasing almost an article per day, quoting the same stats and finishing all his articles by: "should be a walk in the park" or "easy win for the AB's" - that's no journalism, that poo on paper - problem is that people get inspired by that and repeat the arrogance... He did the same this time, only talking about the AB's being weak because of injuries, missing players, bla bla - basically finding excuses a week before the game. that's not pro.(let me remind you he gets paid to produce such rubbish...)

It is sad because it doesn't represents most kiwis i hang out with - I have been here 3 years and i am don't really want to go home now because I have been warmly welcomed by 99.9% of Kiwis - i don't hang out in french communities here at all - NZ and its people have been so good to me it's unbelievable... but when it comes to rugby, it gets a bit heavy sometimes and you can feel the animosity straight after the game - bit of a shame coming from such a laid back country - in saying this, my favorite sheep shaggers are a good bunch - i get away with the odd RWC 99/07, Mururoa or Rainbow Warrior joke on a weekly basis and everybody's having a good time - so i guess it shows the good nature of the people downunder.

Maybe you guys need to ditch the Queen and the English arrogance that comes with it tho ;o)

Will be in Wellington fro the game on Saturday - really looking forward to it and hit courtney place and cuba st after the game - whatever the outcome is.

;o)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jun 17 2009, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I love the french, I thought you had some brilliant actors in that documentary of french life during world war 2. Called 'Allo 'Allo from memory.[/b]

ahahah... very funny... <_<

;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Enguelaz @ Jun 17 2009, 02:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jun 17 2009, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love the french, I thought you had some brilliant actors in that documentary of french life during world war 2. Called 'Allo 'Allo from memory.[/b]

ahahah... very funny... <_<

;)
[/b][/quote]

No idea what this is but I'm guessing it's in the same vein as that cheese eating surrender monkey thing aint it? Could someone explain what the **** is Allo Allo?
We should have a french day on this forum, everybody has to speak french and we can have fun giving you names you don't understand an talking about documentaries and stuff :toss:

:p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jun 17 2009, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The French back three were crap under the high ball.

If Lievremont sorts out that problem, and the ABs fail to crush them in the next test, then it's the end of rugby in New Zealand. Fact.

Do French supporters really want to be responsible for that? I don't think so.

p.s. French posters - any info on this great song:
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/searc...clip-le4p_music[/b]
I got the same impression, the back 3 did some nice counter attacking but a few of those counter were cut short by poor initial control of the high ball.

On the other end , I thought the high balls had some funny trajectories, not sure if it's me dreaming or if that was real. What kind of ball did they use ??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Jun 15 2009, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well no not quite. Throwing stuff at the opposition team is pretty serious. Is it being addressed down there at all? Your right of course its not a reflection of NZ fans, but its pretty serious none the less.

As for the French enjoying the win, I think they are entitled too. This is the first time they have toured with a reasonably strong team in a good while they put in a solid defensive display and made the AB's look pretty average. First win in 15 years? Try being Irish and never having won :) .

Gracious? you mean the .......... "well done for beating our injury ravaged team" comments?[/b]

France sent an understrength team twice only, it was in 2007 and 2008 due to the RWC. In 2006 they sent a full-strength team to SA as far as I remember and they defeated then the Springboks.

Australia and New-Zealand media complained a lot about the 2007 and 2008 tours and they make it sounds like the French never send their best players. That's bullshit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Codorniou @ Jun 16 2009, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Chouly (first cap against the Abs June 2009, but I am not 100% sure)[/b]

i think Chouly toured with France in June 2007 or 2008 and had his first two caps then.

Latest posts