• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand 66 vs Ireland 28 FT

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to score tries Ireland had to go through the phases and be patient. New Zealabnd could just break from anywhere and be in. They made it look effortless. They're complete freaks! Steroids?
Gyms. ;)

5 weeks is a bit of a joke. At least should be the remainder of Ireland's games this year. I understand he's had no previous offences, but it's more than that - it's about setting a precedent. Well done Idiot Rugby Board.

Now there'll be no shortage of bonehead moves like that.

not even that ad, it's about consistancy.

There is a very obvious difference in the length of bans International players and non.

Case in point is David Attoub getting 52 weeks for a gouge on Steven Ferris back in November. It was a terrible gouge, but Heaslip's kneeing could have caused some major damage, at least as much as a gouge.

There is a very obvious difference in the length of bans International players and non.

Case in point is David Attoub getting 52 weeks for a gouge on Steven Ferris back in November. It was a terrible gouge, but Heaslip's kneeing could have caused some major damage, at least as much as a gouge.

Agreed, it would've be as much at the least, the same damage as a gouge. That's a knee. To the head.

Like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B27SjA3p7

Not to mention Mccaw (or whoever it was) couldn't defend themselves like Franklin above.

Yet Cian Healy defended the second blow by placing his leg infront of McCaw's head to ensure the second blow did not hit.

Last edited:
Yet Cian Healy defended the second blow by placing his leg infront of McCaw's head to ensure the second blow did not hit.

Not sure of the relevance of this.. It was Healy that stopped Kneeslip from hitting Richie a second time and the man is an absolute legend for that in my opinion. But the heroics of one man doesn't mitigate villainy of another, Heaslip got a pretty weak punishment compared to what other players have copped. The most worrying thing for me is the clear undeniable intent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not defending Heaslip in anyway, just saying had Healy not put his leg there then the consequences would have probably been quite severe.

Im not defending Heaslip in anyway, just saying had Healy not put his leg there then the consequences would have probably been quite severe.

Im not a big fan of that reasoning myself. For me, a punch is a punch. So if one player goes over punches another, but hes a pretty boy winger and it doesn't hurt they guy, then he should still be punished.
Equally, if a player punches another, but that guy happens to be Courtney Lawes and he K.Os the bloke he should be punished also.

The intent is the same in both situations, its the same crime. I dont see why the punishment should change based on how hurt the victim felt.
In this case, Kneeslip went Muay-Thai on a guy, that in itself deserves punishment. How the victim felt afterwards is irrelevant as the action of the guilty party is inexcusable no matter how McCaw feels.

If decisions are based on how hurt the victims feel, then we will see a hell of a lot more football-like dives in rugby union, and when that day comes i will jump off a tall building.

Good old Cian Healy. Proved all of his critics wrong in one game. Not only did he hold up well in the scrum, he also actually prevented on field violence. Good show old chap.

I agree 100%, it was pretty obvious he tried to block the 2nd knee, good **** imo.

Hi first post so here goes.
Ireland were poor and ROG often goes missing in action when things get tough, but i was surprised by Heaslip kneeing a player , not surprised it was Macaw as he is the biggest cheater in world rugby, and deserves a bloody good shoe`ing.
If refs actually used the laws open to them , players like heaslip would not have to take law into their own hands (or knees).
Its no co-incedence that Macaw was stamped on by Ali Williams in a game , he is so blatant in killing ball i`m surprised his own team don`t kick him.
if it had been Flannery or BOD doing the dirty work it would be normal days work for them.

Ireland were poor and ROG often goes missing in action when things get tough, but i was surprised by Heaslip kneeing a player , not surprised it was Macaw as he is the biggest cheater in world rugby, and deserves a bloody good shoe`ing.
If refs actually used the laws open to them , players like heaslip would not have to take law into their own hands (or knees).
Its no co-incedence that Macaw was stamped on by Ali Williams in a game , he is so blatant in killing ball i`m surprised his own team don`t kick him.
if it had been Flannery or BOD doing the dirty work it would be normal days work for them.

Ah...here we go again...the New Zealand boys are not gonna like this...

Just to warn you Bargoedboy - whatever you do, don't say that to anyone if you ever go to Christchurch:

Last edited by a moderator:

So pretty much what you're saying is; McCaw is a cheater, and it was the refs fault he got knee'd in the head by Heaslip for not calling a penalty?
And since it's you're first post, you obviously signed up to express you're feelings because you are butthurt.
jakey.jpg

Last edited:

David Attoub's suspension was drastically increased by it being his second major citing and the fact he pleaded not guilty/accused the photographer responsible for doctoring the images.

lol Classic NH.

Mate, that's what flankers generally tend to do. That, and fetch the ball - so if that fails... You know, much like how your NH lot tend to like playing soccer/football with the ball (apart from the French & Irish that is). ;)

lol Classic NH.

Mate, that's what flankers generally tend to do. That, and fetch the ball - so if that fails... You know, much like how your NH lot tend to like playing soccer/football with the ball (apart from the French & Irish that is). ;)

ClassicNH? Are you actually being serious? That's the largest sweeping statement I've ever heard. This man clearly represents the opinion of about 4 billion people does he? Pah, typical uninformed SH user.

Gentlemen, please observe the standard issue TRF new user, unaware of the decorum required for intelegent debate:

"Hey look everyone! My hemisphere is one big happy family and we all think the same thing! We hate you Notherners / Non-celts / Southerners"

*2 months later*

"I hate those Aussie/Saffa/English/Irish/Welsh/French/Sheep Shaqgging scumbags"

Didn't see that. Was it intentional that he was indeed blocking it?

Wicked if true.

Might have to give it another look.
ClassicNH? Are you actually being serious? That's the largest sweeping statement I've ever heard. This man clearly represents the opinion of about 4 billion people does he? Pah, typical uninformed SH user.
Nah, was really just taking the **** out of the troll/statement. ;)

Didn't see that. Was it intentional that he was indeed blocking it?

Wicked if true.

Might have to give it another look.

Nah, was really just taking the **** out of the troll/statement. ;)

ifr0p4.gif

Posted in the thread earlier by MM

I wouldn't call him a thug allow his actions were dreadul and totally inapropriate. For me the ban should have been about 12 weeks however I believe that because Heaslip accepted that his actions were totally wrong the IRB decided to let him off with basically a warning. I'd call players like umanga,Quinlan and hartley thugs because of their consistent violence on the pitch.

I wouldn't call him a thug allow his actions were dreadul and totally inapropriate. For me the ban should have been about 12 weeks however I believe that because Heaslip accepted that his actions were totally wrong the IRB decided to let him off with basically a warning. I'd call players like umanga,Quinlan and hartley thugs because of their consistent violence on the pitch.

You fail......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts