• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand 66 vs Ireland 28 FT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will. I would like him to points out cases of Umuga's 'consistent violence on the pitch'. For the 10 odd years he was in playing rugby NZ I don't think he was even cited for any violent acts (apart from maybe the odd high tackle!) - an amazing achievment for someone who is prone to 'consistent violence on the pitch'!

Last edited:
I will. I would like him to points out cases of Umuga's 'consistent violence on the pitch'. For the 10 odd years he was in playing rugby NZ I don't think he was even cited for any violent acts (apart from maybe the odd high tackle!) - an amazing achievment for someone who is prone to 'consistent violence on the pitch'!

Well there's the obvious reply to that, but it would be soooo 2006 to bring all of that back up. Probably not a constant thug, but what he did in the 1st Lions test was a bit off. Didn't he get sent off or something mad while coaching Toulon last year?

Tackle. Spear. O'Driscoll

Lets ignore the corrupt man who didn't cite him, all the rugby world knew he should have been

I read his comment too, thinking he was talking about some guy named Umanga.. not Umaga, but if he was talking about Umaga he obviously doesn't know what hes talking about, let alone know how to spell his name correctly.

Well there's the obvious reply to that, but it would be soooo 2006 to bring all of that back up. Probably not a constant thug, but what he did in the 1st Lions test was a bit off. Didn't he get sent off or something mad while coaching Toulon last year?

Yeah, I agree he should have been suspended in 2006, however that act is the only 'thuggish' thing I've seen him do on a pitch in over 10 years of rugby - he's hardly a serial offender as was suggested.

Yeah he was suspended while coaching Toulon for 'fighting' - in truth he came onto the pitch with some water bottles to calm down the situation after a brawl (and I think told the ref where to get off when asked to leave!).
http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3559_3421471,00.html

Last edited:
Tackle. Spear. O'Driscoll

Lets ignore the corrupt man who didn't cite him, all the rugby world knew he should have been
O rly?

I guess everyone is guilty of "consistent violence" nowadays under that logic.

I also remember a certain Keven Mealamu also having a role in that tackle.

Well, that's about the longest amout of time it's taken for the issue if the Umaga "tackle" to come up on an Ireland vs New Zealand thread since I've joined the forum. Guess it was inevitable.

I don't see the big deal about it though, theirs been so many tackles like that since it happened. Can't say the same thing about the Kneeslip incident though..

LOL Jamie Heaslip! I will be on my way then...

I wouldn't call him a thug allow his actions were dreadul and totally inapropriate. For me the ban should have been about 12 weeks however I believe that because Heaslip accepted that his actions were totally wrong the IRB decided to let him off with basically a warning. I'd call players like umanga,Quinlan and hartley thugs because of their consistent violence on the pitch.
Idiot, Umaga wasen't often violent. He was involved in one spear tackle. A crime which countless others have commited. He also possibly saved Colin Charvis' life, but people like you forget bout that quickly enough.

As for Bargoedboy, playing in the grey areas of the rules as a #7 doesn't warrent getting kneed in the head. I hope the NH v SH argument doesn't start, because most Irish members have said how stupid Heaslip was. Not all NH members are *****, unfortunitly idiots like cooner and Bargoedboy does no favours for anyone.

For all the NH members who really want to bring this topic up and support the claim Umaga is a thug, I'll take note, and when mindless accusations begin about your players and teams, you'll be sure the fools and idiots out there supporting this, will get my support.

Hi first post so here goes.
Ireland were poor and ROG often goes missing in action when things get tough, but i was surprised by Heaslip kneeing a player , not surprised it was Macaw as he is the biggest cheater in world rugby, and deserves a bloody good shoe`ing.
If refs actually used the laws open to them , players like heaslip would not have to take law into their own hands (or knees).
Its no co-incedence that Macaw was stamped on by Ali Williams in a game , he is so blatant in killing ball i`m surprised his own team don`t kick him.
if it had been Flannery or BOD doing the dirty work it would be normal days work for them.
I mean ffs. It's what Iverson was talking about not so long ago. When an idiot posts this kind of rubbish, it's up to his own country men to pull him back, otherwise it will become one big slag fest between counties/hemisphares. FFS.

This has actually annoyed me now.

Last edited:
relax, nick we know its inexcusable. And if we're looking at killing the ball; well under the new new "new" interpretation, a certain about of slowing the ball down appears to be permitted which was frustrating to watch at the start of the match but from my perspective the Irish were getting away with at least as much by the end of the game.

Idiot, Umaga wasen't often violent. He was involved in one spear tackle. A crime which countless others have commited. He also possibly saved Colin Charvis' life, but people like you forget bout that quickly enough.

As for Bargoedboy, playing in the grey areas of the rules as a #7 doesn't warrent getting kneed in the head. I hope the NH v SH argument doesn't start, because most Irish members have said how stupid Heaslip was. Not all NH members are *****, unfortunitly idiots like cooner and Bargoedboy does no favours for anyone.

For all the NH members who really want to bring this topic up and support the claim Umaga is a thug, I'll take note, and when mindless accusations begin about your players and teams, you'll be sure the fools and idiots out there supporting this, will get my support.

I mean ffs. It's what Iverson was talking about not so long ago. When an idiot posts this kind of rubbish, it's up to his own country men to pull him back, otherwise it will become one big slag fest between counties/hemisphares. FFS.

A text-book example! New Zealand is basically being classified as the centre of all things thuggish and/or cheats. If the other NH posters don't put these guys in their place they're pretty much endorsing it.

A lot of the above stuff is really just sour-grapes from people taking a childish reaction to a loss. As far as I'm concerned this is symptomatic of what's happened to the forum for too long. No wonder NZ/Aus posters are not as active as they were.

A text-book example! New Zealand is basically being classified as the centre of all things thuggish and/or cheats. If the other NH posters don't put these guys in their place they're pretty much endorsing it.

A lot of the above stuff is really just sour-grapes from people taking a childish reaction to a loss. As far as I'm concerned this is symptomatic of what's happened to the forum for too long. No wonder NZ/Aus posters are not as active as they were.

OTOH when France is the target it's just me and El Gringo Borracho against everybody else. I didn't see anyone putting anyone in their place last season, and I don't want to imagine what would have happened if Bonnaire had done what Jennings did.

And CAI, the SH has its fair share of wums as well, their skin is just not thick enough; Iron Mike being the last example. I recall Fushitsusha the Aussie was pretty good as well...

Craig there as just as many SH WUM's as NH's, as Charles eluded.

You might also find Craig there are many SH posters active here which annoys me slightly when someone like you starts saying this forum is NH based etc. If they wanted to stay then they would. At the moment there is a crop of SH posters emerged.

I am going to step out of line here and tell you ... whether you like it or not McCaw does play on the wrong side of the law, he has to much respect from ref's and at times does not get the punishment he deserves on the pitch. Like the poster above mentioned, he would shoe McCaw ... so the question you must ask yourself why? Why would someone do that?

I'll tell you why McCaw lives offside, has his hands everywhere and does not like getting a shoe in. So thats what players do now is to either hurt him so he won't go back to the same places or dread to say it put him out of the game. People can agree or disagree but thats the truth. McCaw gets away with quite a bit, you might not see it from others point of view because its only natural to support / defend one of your own but the truth is ... McCaw bends the rules to a degree and gets away with it.

You might also find Craig there are many SH posters active here which annoys me slightly when someone like you starts saying this forum is NH based etc. If they wanted to stay then they would. At the moment there is a crop of SH posters emerged.

I am going to step out of line here and tell you ... whether you like it or not McCaw does play on the wrong side of the law, he has to much respect from ref's and at times does not get the punishment he deserves on the pitch. Like the poster above mentioned, he would shoe McCaw ... so the question you must ask yourself why? Why would someone do that?

I'll tell you why McCaw lives offside, has his hands everywhere and does not like getting a shoe in. So thats what players do now is to either hurt him so he won't go back to the same places or dread to say it put him out of the game. People can agree or disagree but thats the truth. McCaw gets away with quite a bit, you might not see it from others point of view because its only natural to support / defend one of your own but the truth is ... McCaw bends the rules to a degree and gets away with it.

+1 on both counts.

Cue 99 and 2007 on the AB forward pack. You know the ref is not gonna do anything about it, gotta take the law in your own hands. Look what happened to Josh Kronfeld in the first 5 minutes of that 99 game...Curiously he was totally out of the game for the remaining 75 minutes...We french are just a bit less obvious recently than Heaslip, that's all. Morality, if you don't want unpleasant things to happen to you, stay on you side of the ruck.

Last edited:

1. There are several SH posters active on the forum as of now. There are many more NH by a long way.
2. I did not say that TRF is NH based.
3, McCaw playing on the wrong side of the law more than any other player in his position is subjective and not proven and is an outright lie to say that that is proven.
4. Him not getting the punishment he deserves is entirely opinion, not fact.
5. IRB Player Of Year (Twice) players cannot obviously have such a blatant disregard for the rules that they are in trouble all the time. So better minds in the rugby administrations of the world obviously rate him the world over.
6. "Like the poster above mentioned, he would shoe McCaw ... so the question you must ask yourself why? Why would someone do that?". "I'll tell you why McCaw lives offside, has his hands everywhere and does not like getting a shoe in. So thats what players do now is to either hurt him so he won't go back to the same places or dread to say it put him out of the game. People can agree or disagree but thats the truth".

Condoning that has made me think seriously about your suitability for the role which you are involved in here.

7. I take it as a personally offensive, that you'd suggest I'm the kind of guy "who looks out for my own". That is a blight on my integrity and I'm going to do what I can about it, or I'm off this forum.

8. None of this is relevant to the New Zealand Vs Ireland game in any evidential way. This is purely a case of New Zealand winning and angry fans from the NH throwing insulting cheating allegations around which would upset many fans and members.

You've just started some serious crap with some of what you've posted and I'm going to act on it immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts