New Zealand All Whites vs Paraguay

Ninja

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Who's watching it? I know I certainly am... Gonna call in sick tomorrow :p

All us Kiwi fans in this forum unite!!!

Lets go All Whites!!!

Sorry to be Buzzkillington right now, i think our luck will run short this game, i see us going down 2 - 0!

All the best to them. I've got more of an alterior motive in this one as if New Zealand can beat Paraguay by more goals than Italy beat Slovakia (assuming both teams win) then New Zealand will play Holland as group winners and Italy will get the arguably easier match in the form of Japan as runners up which I feel is far more favourable.

Theres a good chance that NZ could get a result here, still reckon a draw is on the cards. But I do hope for a NZ win.

Like I said all the best to them. I'm all for backing the underdogs but if they did end up playing Holland I think to expect them to win would be a step to far though on the other hand this has been the Worlc Cup of shocks and they held the World Champions.

Sorry to be Buzzkillington right now, i think our luck will run short this game, i see us going down 2 - 0!

Yeah well... That's what everyone was predicting for the Slovakia game... Then the defending Champions Italy game...

The All Whites have nothing to lose and they know that they are the underdogs so just go out there and have fun, and it's been paying off so far... Just need to Believe! :)

I know we have a low chance of winning... But we've proven that "Anything is possible" - K Garnett

I too, hope they win. But my "they might get lucky! you never know!" attitude has somewhat disappeared. Anyways ill still be

WAR ALL WHITES!

I hope they win, however I think a draw is the best that can be expected. They've already done NZ proud, but a win against possibly the form country in the pool is a little much to expect. Still, best of luck to them, and if we make the top 16 it will make every player in NZ a legend.

I wish they hadn't changed the format to four games, in two lots of two. Makes my morning/early afternoon more boring without the 12.30 match on :p

I'm hoping for at least a NZ draw. If they draw, and Italy do, they're level on points and goal difference (not sure how they work out who goes through then)
If they win, then they're through no matter what

I wish they hadn't changed the format to four games, in two lots of two. Makes my morning/early afternoon more boring without the 12.30 match on :p

I'm hoping for at least a NZ draw. If they draw, and Italy do, they're level on points and goal difference (not sure how they work out who goes through then)
If they win, then they're through no matter what

If on level terms, then they apparently draw out of a hat who goes through... I think I heard the last time that happened was in 1954 or so...

Madness, so there's a (slim) chance that NZ could go through on, basically, a coin toss?
Looking forward to the match either way

If on level terms, then they apparently draw out of a hat who goes through... I think I heard the last time that happened was in 1954 or so...

Theres no way that that would be allowed to happen. I'm almost certain that it goes to how many goals scored in the event that they are level on points and goal difference though I think both teams have scored 2 goals each so I don't know what would happen then.

Just found this:

FIFA has set the order of the tie-breakers for teams that finish level on points:

1. goal difference in all group matches
2. greater number of goals scored in all group matches

Where teams are still not able to be separated, the following tie-breakers are used:

1. greater number of points obtained in matches between the tied teams
2. goal difference in matches between the tied teams
3. greater number of goals scored in matches between the tied teams

Where teams are still equal, then a play-off on neutral ground, with extra time and penalties if necessary will be played if FIFA deems such a play-off able to be fitted within the coordinated international match calendar. If this is not deemed feasible, then the result will be determined by the drawing of lot.

i'd love it to come down to a playoff, that would be entertaining

It'd be drawing of the lot then, surely? They wouldn't be able to fit in another match before monday or whenever that groups playoff is

Paraguay will have too much class. Sorry but that is how i see it playing out :p

Hopefully we can get New Zealand and Paraguay through.

Hopefully we can get New Zealand and Paraguay through.

No, New Zealand and Italy, as the current world champions I'd prefer to see them through aswell as the fact I'm supporting them. If New Zealand and Italy go through I think its best all round as then from group F we'll have one team who are real battlers and underdogs in New Zealand and then Italy bring a touch of class

Latest posts