• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand Black Caps In South Africa.........

N

NZL Fan

New Zealand had a good start to the tour by comfortably winning the 20/20 International against the South Africans, and also winning a couple of 50 over games against the South African "A" team................

Hows the one day series going to pan out?? - discuss.

20/20 was good as nz came back well from a poor start. Astle and patel were awesome. batting wise goodish start and then a mini collapse. oram and mcCullum finished the job off well enough for a comfortable win.

Hamish Marshall is in a bad run of form hopefully he can gets some runs in this series as he his due for some. styris's hamstring flared up again so he will proabbly miss the first game and like Marshall not in good form due to being out injured for so long.

macMillian went out to a dumb shot after making another good start. Oram looks in fine touch with the bat hitting some nice sixes in bringing nz home. McCullum was at his usaual best quick running and batted well with oram. still had James marshall mills and adams to come if needed.

chagnes for the game tonight at 9pm I think vettori would come back in and maybe vincent might come come in for styris. should be great game if the 20/20 and past games are anything to go by

NZL 1-0 down in the series - should have scored more runs after winning the toss, but regular wickets cost us any momentum to the innings.........

Didn't see us in the field, but apparently that was the major difference between the 2 sides - our fielding was pretty ordinary.

i missed the 2nd innings too. fleming was going alright. i thought 250 would have been enough on that shitty wicket. the fielding/bowling effort must have been weak. they shouldnt have sent cairns home

fielding/bowling was alright most of the time. bond got off to shakey start but came back strongly. the big problem was oram had an injury so couldn't bowl at all. couple of chances that went down was a very sharp c&b to astle that went through his fingers and patel dropped one in the outfield. The momentum changed in the game when SA got 22 off an astle over. that brought them right back into and also patel got a bit nervous in the last 10 and bowled some bad balls. also mills got smashed a bit in the last few overs as well. In the end the black caps proabbly should have gotten some more runs and bowled better at the beginning.

patel was bowling in the last 10?

astle had a **** game w/ bat and ball
<

Come on the Proteas. I've always been a fan of Nel. He plays with such passion for which ever side his is in. I'm expecting big things from Langeveldt as well.

As soon as Graeme Smith put himself into the bowling attack in the 20/20 I knew then the Proteas would lose.

yep patel sure was bowling in the last 10. yeah that was an interesting call to bring himself on especailly at that stage in the game. nel has a nice action and langeveldt seems to be able to reverse swing it a bit. shaping up to be another cracker series between these 2 teams

been a fan of Nel??? i hate him i dont know why, he looks like a total unco and he just doesnt look like a nice person. thats just my opinion from watching on tv just seams like a dick.
he could be totally diffent off the field but he will always be an unco
<

man i love big Vettori

i never knew he was so young - he has been around for ages already

deadset he will get 300 wickets....easily

he just goes about his business, and does it in flying colours!

just when u think he's done enuff, he comes out with pads on, and can even do it with bat in hand

I know i was suprised when his age came up. hes only 26 easily at least another 4 years of cricket proabbly more as well. He may not have the longevity of warne due to his back injuries earlier in his career but still should make it to around 32.

Next game is on Saturday at 1:30 am nz time. Early as but I will get up to watch it.

Originally posted by esoj@Oct 26 2005, 04:45 PM
I know i was suprised when his age came up. hes only 26 easily at least another 4 years of cricket proabbly more as well. He may not have the longevity of warne due to his back injuries earlier in his career but still should make it to around 32.

Next game is on Saturday at 1:30 am nz time. Early as but I will get up to watch it.
he'll could go longer

Warny had injuries when he was young, and murali and look at pigoen mcgrath...his body is held together by elactic bands, and he bowls pace

Technology with injury recovery will improve...he's so young i had to say that

Granted the back, is the worst thing to have ****ling as a bowler

300 easy anyways

join the 300 club Vettori........move over Hadlee....we have a new SIR!!!

big blow it seems for nz with reports coming out of SA that Oram may not play again on the tour due to a back complaint. Oram is very valuable becasue he bats well in the middle order and his bowling can bring a wicket or at least tie an end down. in more postive news styris is making good progress on his hamstring but he still may not be available.

well the Black caps got robbed of a victory by the umpires. 2 calls cost nz the game. mcCullum looked like he was in on a stumping and vettori was given out caught when he missed the ball. these 2 bad calls cost nz the game. great finish to the game but should never have been that close but the umpires made it that close.

Originally posted by esoj@Oct 29 2005, 08:22 AM
well the Black caps got robbed of a victory by the umpires. 2 calls cost nz the game. mcCullum looked like he was in on a stumping and vettori was given out caught when he missed the ball. these 2 bad calls cost nz the game. great finish to the game but should never have been that close but the umpires made it that close.
The reason we lost the game was becuase yet again our senior top order batsmen failed to score enough runs...........

Astle is outta form, Fleming has his moments, Styris didn't kick on from a start, Marshall was dropped because he can't buy a run for the past year, Oram has struggled as a batsman............

Originally posted by esoj@Oct 29 2005, 04:22 AM
It wasn't the umpires that made it close esoj. It was The Red Nose Reindeer that made it close. 17 of 52 (or something like that) is pathetic.

But anyway, 3-0 up in the series

Ek kan nie kla nie.
<
<
<
<

I still think both were very dodgey calls turned the match but any way that result and the most recent 2 can't be changed. Well done to Sa in taking out the series 3-0.

I love St. George's, Port Elizabeth. It always has a great atmosphere, almost carnival like. Nowhere else in the Republic do you get a cricket atmosphere like it!!

Next game is at Kingsmead, Durban which is bound to be played in humid conditions, followed I think at Centurion, just south of Pretoria.

12 ODI wins in a row.
<
Closing in on Australia's record
<

Latest posts