• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand in South Africa

Styris 54* that'll be good for his confidence, but Papps, Fulton and Astle found out again, that's not good...

we just dont ahve the potency that the south africans have in their bowling. we seam lost without bond atm

Man NZ cricket has it's usually batting greatness.

Last time I looked we were 88/7

I was going to support NZ, but don't know what to say, good to see we got to 100???

119 all out? :D . Can Amla fluke it again? That's what I want to know. (I've never liked the guy <_< )

Ha, Smith's out:

19.3 Franklin to Smith, OUT, got'm! good length delivery, pitched close to the off stump line and shaping away late, excellent line and length, Smith is drawn into the drive and the edge goes straight to McCullum behind the stumps, Franklin with the all important breakthrough.

wickets are falling like flies

New Zealand 119 & 148/3 v South Africa 186
Tea - Day 2

New Zealand lead by 81 runs with 7 wickets remaining

Amla's defying the odds this series.

New Zealand 119 & 283
South Africa 186 & 49/0 (9.0 ov) Lunch Day 3

HH Dippenaar 27
GC Smith 15

Kindergarten start from Black Caps, need to strike early and often after lunch. Disappointing after posting a semi-competitive total for SA...

If new zealand were a bit tighter before the lead up to lunch it would have been even closer. they got a few wickets there near the end (i ended up just watching the forumla 1 on sky sport 2 then flicking over and they just got a wicked)

at least they neveer gave up.

but good job to the proteas, they played the better cricket throughout the series and deserved the win.

my gf would be happy now there is no cricket for a few months. and no late night rugby until the first round of the tests start :)

My gf can sympathise with yours there :)

If only getting a wicket or at least not leaking as many runs before lunch, the game could have been all over by end of day 3, but for us not against.

They should take a bit of confidence in being at least being able to stay with SA, just lacked that killer punch to get ahead eg Bond.

But never mind, we're getting used to him not being there, and he pay all of NZ back when he is the top wicket taker in our World Cup winning team next year :D

Latest posts