• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand in South Africa

Fair enough, to me Fulton is definitely a 3, 4 or 5 at worst batsman, but then you've got Flem, Astle and Styris too.

How about How/Marshall, Papps, Fleming, Fulton, Astle, Styris, Oram, McCullum, Vettori, Bond, Mills/Martin/Franklin? Although might need to drop a batsmen for a bowler there, hmmm, not as easy as I thought to be a selector! haha

Am going to miss tonights play as will be driving to Christchurch, unless it's on Radio Sport. Fingers crossed we end this test with some sort of dignity intact...

New Zealand all out for 120. Proteas win by 128. I'n not happy with our Captain's form or Gibbs. I hope we have found our back-up bowler in Dale Steyn

For crying out loud, Bond's gone AGAIN, I know he's awesome (and I'm a big fan) but is he the unluckiest cricketer ever with illness/injuries, or is he just soft???

yeah i know it sucks. he is so unlucky. ever since he was at school as well.

i think he broke his leg or something in rugby at school, i cant remember :D

Boeta Dippenaar is to move from No.3 Batsmen to opening batsmen alongside out of form captain Graeme Smith. Hashim Amla will be the new No.3. I don't remember a lot about Amla, but from what I remember he didn't impress me at all. This was about 3 years ago(?), so I don't know if he has improved since then.

[/B]SHANE BOND NEEDS OPERATION ON KNEE[/B]

heard that from my sources, will be out for 4 weeks after the op...

anyway first test underway, gibbs and pollock out nel and some guy i never heard of in (hashim Amla am guessing thanks to Groen :D)

Marshall out with broken rib and mills out for Papps and Patel. NZ having 2 spinners at capetown.

After a delayed start because of damp outfield nz are 8-0 :D

New Zealand 50/0 (17.2 ov)
MHW Papps 22
PG Fulton 26

Nice solid start, will be interesting to see Vettori and Patel bowl in the 4th innings, good selections for this test, Papps and Patel.

Lunch Day 1

New Zealand 62/1, 20 overs gone
Awful Over Rate by South Africa (it's not raining there is it?)

There was about half an hour delay for damp outfield I think... NZ should be happy with that start though.

dobrien, you are the one who made the kiwis lost a wicket, giving a score at 50 for 0, how many balls after you clicked post was there a wicket :p

Originally posted by woosaah@Apr 28 2006, 01:48 AM
dobrien, you are the one who made the kiwis lost a wicket, giving a score at 50 for 0, how many balls after you clicked post was there a wicket :p
Haha true, I was checking score online, posted it, and from walking from my room to the lounge and turning cricket on, Papps was gone, must only been a couple!

Hope I'm not the bad luck guy...

Well done Flem on his hundy, 9th for him I think, Astle 50 and we 260-6 or something like that. Heard Flem on radio say they are going to try and push on to 350-400, ambitious, but hope they do...

yeah was a good day for the kiwis. should easily get 350 as long as vettori and flem stay there. We only have franklin left our tail looks a bit long with patel and martin there. I have never seen patel bat anyone know what he is like? he has always been the super sub in odi and doesnt need to bat.

i am going to miss most of this weekend, cause my gf wants to spend time with me, i just want to watch the cricket

Originally posted by woosaah@Apr 28 2006, 10:01 AM
i am going to miss most of this weekend, cause my gf wants to spend time with me, i just want to watch the cricket
Feel for you Woosaah, gf's just don't appreciate the amount of time that goes into supporting teams do they really? I mean for a NZ male, just hearing the score or even seeing a minutes highlights on the news is just not enough cricket, you've got to see at least one whole session a day I reckon. Same with S14/NPC, got to at least watch one whole game.

And that's just watching them, let alone actually going to any of them! managed to get to both the Queenstown ODI's this season, was going to sneak in the Christchurch ones too but was in Oz on holiday (where there was no cricket being played - I checked).

Oh and Patel, handy enough with the bat I think, clubbed a quick 50 for Firebirds during the 1 day comp during past season (is it shield, cup, bowl, ornament - dunno which state comp is what now), so should be ok I think.

Batting averages
class mat inns no runs hs ave 100 50 ct
First-class 52 63 27 717 58* 19.91 0 2 17
List A 45 20 7 114 22* 8.76 0 0 13

couple of 50s in there :)

hour top 10 has first class 50s at least then our number 9 has a double centery in first class cricket, our 8 is averaging over 50 in his last 10 tests, flem 114no feeling a little more confident now

Easily the longest batting lineup on paper averages wise, but they wouldn't have to have such good averages if our top order consistently delivered, which is unfortunately why we are mid tables in the rankings...

but who cares, our top order got us over 200, tail order to kick in, 400 here we come!

pity mccullum didnt fire, and that run out of oram was shocking about an hour and a half and day 2 starts :D

Latest posts