• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand Maori v Ireland - Friday 18th (19.35 NZ/8.35 Irish) - Rotorua Int Stad

Is Robbie Robinson a better full back? Because I haven't been impressed with him at all at 10 for the Highlanders this season.

Is Robbie Robinson a better full back? Because I haven't been impressed with him at all at 10 for the Highlanders this season.
I personally think he is. But the rugby bosses here believe he has a future at 10.

He's no Colin Slade in terms of outright versatility.

I prefer him at fullback, during the junior world champs last year he was brilliant at fullback.

Well I've picked NZ Maori to win 34-25.

Holy crap, just changed the channel in time to see Hosea Gear run over Horgan. Now he's got a try before I could finish typing!!!!!

13-0 With Dwayne Sweeney crossing the chalk. Pretty lazy defence there. 15-0 as the kick goes over.

Ireland working their way back into things with some penalties here. 18-9. If they keep chipping away this could be a close one. Starting to find their feet at the breakdown too.

2mins later. And chip away they do with another......3pter!

35mins gone. Poor discipline from the Maori means, Ireland kick for an attacking corner and push for a try. Just kidding, it's............3pts! :D

Halftime and Ireland have scored a brilliant.....penalty! 3pts brings it locked up to 18-18 !!!!

CA I am about 10 minutes behind watching in a Sky+ recording.

Lawrence needs to start going to his pocket, how are we supposed to score tries with the Maori constantly (and constantly is no exaggeration) offside and killing the ball when we build up momentum.
Messam shouldbe in the bin for lying all over our ball inside the Maori 22 just before half time.

Excellent game so far, Gear is by all accounts dominating Horgan! :)

Last edited:
CA I am about 10 minutes behind watching in a Sky+ recording.

Lawrence
needs to start going to his pocket, how are we supposed to score tries with the Maori constantly (and constantly is no
exaggeration
) offside and killing the ball when we build up momentum.
Messam
should
definitely
be in the bin for
lying
all over our ball inside the Maori 22 just before half time.

Excellent game so far, Gear is by all
accounts
dominating
Horgan
! :)

Yeah sorry about that, but people have been giving live scores on here many times before and there's been no issue. Some people watch it delayed several hours later too and can't not talk about it for those guys. Still, I agree that 10mins behinds not too bad and won't talk specifics from here on till afterwards. :)

Yeah Messam has been ridiculous in this game. He should've been yellowed.

Great early try in this half from Ireland, great to see.

Oh what a game! Can't post about it for 10mins though due to Munsterman watching it delayed, but is online.

Oh what a game! Can't post about it for 10mins though due to Munsterman watching it delayed, but is online.

Haha I was deliberately avoiding this thread except for when I could see you hadn't posted for a while, but thanks anyway.

Well done to the Maori :)

Ireland lost it in the last 20 by changing the gameplan that was causing the Maori problems. When we kept the ball in hand and moved it around we looked very dangerous, but in the last 20 we basically just tried to kick the leather of it. Disappointing.

Must say I'm proud of our boys they did well against a fine Maori team and well the only worry is we still haven't got a win in SH

lulz

back on topic, the Maoris were horrible in the ruck area, and awesome kicking by Sexton, i was hoping the Irish would win in the last 10

Sexton will start at 10 next week. I wonder about Buckley Hayes call.
Murphy may sneak a 15 shirt but other than that and 2nd row selection I can't see any others getting in

Poor Kearney, he only came on for about 3minutes. Kind of feel sorry for the bloke.

Latest posts