• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand Maori v Ireland - Friday 18th (19.35 NZ/8.35 Irish) - Rotorua Int Stad

1. Healy
2. Cronin
3. Buckley
4. O'Callaghan
5. O'Donoghue
6. Henry
7. Jennings
8. Wallace
9. Reddan
10. Sexton
11. Trimble
12. Wallace
13. O'Driscoll
14. Bowe
15. Murphy

16. Fogarty
17. Court (If fit, if not Hayes i suppose)
18. Tuohy
19. Ronan/Ruddock
20. O'Leary
21. D'arcy/O'Gara
22. Kearney

Yeah that is for next week, looking at this week I was impressed by Ruddock (putting it up to Messam aged 19, ata boy!), Ronan, O'Donoghue, Reddan, Sexton and Murphy. Saying that, I'm not sure if it was really test intensity, looked about Super14 or Heineken Cup last 8 level but the gap between the two is definitely being narrowed.

New Zealand Maori 31-28 Ireland
New Zealand Maori (18) 31
Tries: Gear, Sweeney, Lowe Cons: McAlister, Ripia Pens: McAlister (3), Ripia Ireland (18) 28
Try: Wallace Con: Sexton Pens: Sexton (7)

Awsome game, I'll have to rewatch this one. Pretty exciting to the end. Anyone else finally agree with ranger and I that Gear is AB material?

Reddan didn't do enough in my eyes but I think Niall Ronan earned a spot next week and agree Ruddock stood up and I delighted for him.
Sexton kicked super and well I suppose media will say he missed last kick but even so his record tonight was superb

Impressed with whoever was playing 7 for Ireland, I think they played far better than the all blacks game. I think they're gong to worry lots of teams when they're at full strength.

Reddan didn't do enough? fair enough, but O'Leary has done more than enough to be dropped.

That was Niall Ronan veux. A fine player in the loose and on the floor but does have his flaws

Missed it. How sexy was Sexton in the end? I'm guessing pretty damn Clooneyesque by the looks of the scoring.

Awsome game, I'll have to rewatch this one. Pretty exciting to the end. Anyone else finally agree with ranger and I that Gear is AB material?

Is it likely to be reshown? Someone might be streaming it again if so, in which case I'll keep an eye out...

Gear has been the best winger in New Zealand for the last 4 years so, yeah, I agree.

Great game, In my opinion the momentum swung back to the maoris when Kidney brought the replacements on, particularly Hayes. He looked so out of place there tonight, he shouldn't even be in the 22 at this stage. You know a prop is past it when he starts making Buckley and Court look like Haymans. Also what the hell has happened to Horgan, he's lost all of his pace?

Just finished watching a replay of the game, as I missed it on Friday night. I felt the Maori were a bit lucky to keep 15 players on the park, as there were a number of repeated infringements (from Messem in particular). It was good to see an improved Maori scrum, though I think it may have helped that the opposition props were scrummaging legally this week.

On Hosea Gear: I'm still not convinced he should be in the AB's - he showed nothing in this game that he didn't show in the Super 14. He is outstanding with the ball in hand, but the rest of his game still needs work. He needs to increase his work rate around he field, and work on catching the high ball. In addition his defensive positioning is still poor - when he actually is in position to make a tackle he invariable makes them, but he doesn't seem to put himself in position to make the tackles. He certainly wouldn't disgrace an All Black Jersey - Jane and Sivivatu (when fit) are clearly the best two wins in the country, but I don't see much between the next best wingers - the likes of Rococoko, Guilford, Hosea Gear, and Ben Smith.

I am dissapointed that we lot however predictions were for a moari win by 15-20 points so i'm happy with the result. Ireland were tryingto wether the Moari storm in the first 15 mins and they did well to get back. I think Ireland let the Moari storm be to dangerous and in the end the Moari deserved to win.
I think Sexton was really good his kicking was secure and his open play was brilliant. Ronan looked very good always wanted the ball. Wallace was good for most of the game him and Sexton really got the backs going. I thought Murphy was very good aswell solid in his possition as usual.

So, what do we think about the Quantas Wallabies now? I'm wanting a team along the following lines:
1) Healy
2)Cronin
3)Buckley
4)Tuohy
5) O'Donohoe
6) Henry
7) Jennings/Ronan
8) Wally
9) Reddan
10) Sexton
11) Trimble
12) Wallace
13) Drico
14) Bowe
15) Murphy

16) Court
17) Fogs
18) O'Driscoll
19) Jennings/Ronan
20) O'Leary
21) Oh'****
22) Kearney

As much as I would like that team...

1. Horan
2. Flannery
3. Hayes
4. O'Callaghan
5. O'Driscoll
6. Jennings
7. Wallace
8. Henry
9. O'Leary
10. O'Gara
11. Trimble
12. D'Arcy
13. O'Driscoll
14. Bowe
15. Kearney

16. Cronin
17. Buckley
18. Tuohy
19. Ronan
20. Reddan
21. Sexton
22. Murphy

If this team gets picked I demand 1,000,000 rep from you all. twice.

As much as I would like that team...

1. Horan
2. Flannery
3. Hayes
4. O'Callaghan
5. O'Driscoll
6. Jennings
7. Wallace
8. Henry
9. O'Leary
10. O'Gara
11. Trimble
12. D'Arcy
13. O'Driscoll
14. Bowe
15. Kearney

16. Cronin
17. Buckley
18. Tuohy
19. Ronan
20. Reddan
21. Sexton
22. Murphy

If this team gets picked I demand 1,000,000 rep from you all. twice.

I'll lose all faith in Kidney if that team is selected. I can let slide Horan and even MOD, but if John Hayes or O'Gara is anywhere near the starting 15 then Kidney is Eddie O'Sullivan 2.0.

I'm hoping for -
Healy
Cronin
Buckley
DOC
Touhy
Henry
Jennings
Wallace
O'Leary
Sexton
Trimble