• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand Maori v Ireland - Friday 18th (19.35 NZ/8.35 Irish) - Rotorua Int Stad

dan tuohy and chris henry what do you lot all think of them??
i hope dan tuohy gets a start has been quality this season for ulster good to see ulster fowards reappearing with tuohy mabey a regular in a few years ferris a regular henry mabey a bench regular court who my fill buckleys bench spot best aswell good to see some of the big northerners coming back

id reckon wallace at eight for the back row with henry 6 and jennigs 7 but tuohy also plays 6 so we could have ed o'donoghue and doc in second row with tuohy at 6

wallace should start 12 with bod at 13 bowe on the wing with trimble infront of j murphy but full back a close one to call g murphy or rob k??

it think mabye give the call for Rob.K becues the Auisse are going to play attacing rugby with Coper and Giteau as playmakers i feel that muphys defence might not hold up, but i missed the mori game what was he like.

While I agree that you need to have some spark in your wings, I think you are underestimating what Guildford brings to the table. He is probably the best kick chaser in the country, runs excellent lines, is very fast, and always seems to put himself in the right place to score tries. Though many people claim he is 'just a finisher' you have to wonder why he scores so many tries - being in the right place at the right time may seem like luck, but either Guildford is incredibly lucky or there is some skill in turning up in the right place. .

I agree with the sentiment 100%, BUT, Hosea Gear is just as good if not better than Guildord at running the right lines and being in the right place to score tries! not to mention quicker. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxfoKhux_s4 just look at these highlights.

He is always in the right spot to score on top of being a destructive runner and being able to spark tries from nothing. If you need proof, he is the current record holder for most tries in an ANZC season, you dont get that by just being a destructive runner, you have to know where to be on the field.

The reason I say what does Guildford bring to the table is because Hosea seems to have all his skills plus more. Why not put him in the team? The only reason i can see for Zac being on there (Besides kick chasing, which doesnt seem to me to be enough on its own..) is because he is young and they want to train him up.

I say that Guildford should be dropped for the trinations in favour of Gear.

I'd like to see Tuohy start at lock but it a flick of coin between Murphy and Kearney and while I agree Kearney has the better defense I think Murphys better attacking instinct may be considered too. It all depends on game plan

I think Kearney will be picked becues on his day he attack it great (See lions 2nd test) But on anydya his defenct is pretty good.

I disagree, his positioning is pretty good but imo his technique on one and one tackles is not the best.He seems to have an issue when he makes the hit with getting his arms around the tackle. It could be just me though i donno.

I'd still play him, but with the caveat that Wallace comes in, we need cerative backs if we're gonna play wide and while Darcy is good, he's not one to pick a killer pass, not a playmaker. Same way that Murphy is more creative than Kearney.

Maybe play Murphy and Darcy? Darcy as a target for the forwards in the middle of the field with murphy coming into the line creating oppertunities?

i didno i didn't see all of the AB's game but to me he looked pretty off.

Personally i think Kearney defnce and tackling have improved his season. He is lacking in attack at the moment andMurohy is the better decision maker I'd pick Murphy. My locks would definatly be DOC and Touhy. I think Touhy is solid in the lineout and a yard maker. I'd like to see wallace start at 12 as I feel we need more in attack. I'd Keep O'leary at scrum half personally I think he does well behind a pack moving backwards. I fit I'd have Flannery starting as we really need good lineout ball, if not Cronin would be my next option I think his lineouts do go astray sometimes but he hasn't ever felt pressure like a test match and hes sill only young.

Lads was just talking to a mate and well O'Leary and Sexton supposedly are looking like 9 & 10. Mick O'Driscoll will start if fit but is 50-50.
Henry with Jennings and Wallace in the backrow. Fla is struggling and can 100% say Varley has been training alot as the starting 2.

Kearney is at 15 it looks like and well Hayes and Buckley are rotating so 1 can presume Healy, Hayes and Buckley will be 3 props.
Oh yeah Rhys Ruddock is not been considered so Niall Ronan is on bench and Ed O'Donoghue if Micko fails to come through.

Start a different thread to talk about the Oz game. Stop saying lads so much as well. :p

I agree with the sentiment 100%, BUT, Hosea Gear is just as good if not better than Guildord at running the right lines and being in the right place to score tries! not to mention quicker. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxfoKhux_s4 just look at these highlights.

He is always in the right spot to score on top of being a destructive runner and being able to spark tries from nothing. If you need proof, he is the current record holder for most tries in an ANZC season, you dont get that by just being a destructive runner, you have to know where to be on the field.

The reason I say what does Guildford bring to the table is because Hosea seems to have all his skills plus more. Why not put him in the team? The only reason i can see for Zac being on there (Besides kick chasing, which doesnt seem to me to be enough on its own..) is because he is young and they want to train him up.

I say that Guildford should be dropped for the trinations in favour of Gear.

Agree with nickdnz - good vid. I personally think Guildford is there on merit - the fact he is only going to get better is a bonus. Looks like with Dagg out Guildford will get a start on Saturday versus the Welsh - we will see how he goes in this game.

Latest posts