• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand Rugby World Cup 2011 - Fancy Logo

G

getofmeland

Hey all

I thought this is cutting edge news...

Look at the Snazzy logo for the Rugby World Cup :)

logoNewZealandOC.gif

What you reckon?? Swish??

I agree Cymro

Not bad surely, looks a bit different from others, others that became bothering.

Better is very relative word and I think it has no borders, fortunately

2400-3858.jpg

Well it does no harm (like the London 2012 one) but it doesn't exactly make you excited either. Could have been drawn up on paint in a few minutes.

I thought the Japan bid logo was cleverer. (gets behind sofa)

I want to agree Ambokokokoko thats the Maori thing that I like into it

And thats the Maori details that could be more accentuated in the logo

800px-Flag_of_Maori.svg.png

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Macsen @ Sep 7 2008, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well it does no harm (like the London 2012 one) but it doesn't exactly make you excited either. Could have been drawn up on paint in a few minutes.

I thought the Japan bid logo was cleverer. (gets behind sofa)[/b]
hah london 2012 logo looks oddly like lisa simpson doing something she shouldnt be doing at 8 years of age :unsure:

Hahaha funny about Lisa's job :cheers: :cheers:

She's great I think along with LOGO :cheers: :cheers:

lisa-yell.gif

I thinks it's... fine. Not good, not bad. Fine.
BTW are those really Maori patterns? Makes sense it being in New Zealand and all, but come on, those just look like a fancy lil twirls.

I'm Maori and from New Zealand so I'm gonna be the first to be completely honest and say it looks like the stuff that comes out of my a%$! I think these days it's known as krud, krap, kaka, peanut butter or plainly known as s%#!

If this is an official logo than I meant every word I just typed but if someone just knocked it up my bad I take it back lol.

Listen guys I have not posted flag of Maori accidentally. Look with attention on the ornament on the flag and on the logo, cant see similarities Yet?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Sep 7 2008, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Better is very relative word and I think it has no borders, fortunately

2400-3858.jpg
[/b]

Well you know this guy established that light speed was the same ans is a limit in all referentials.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Sep 7 2008, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I want to agree Ambokokokoko thats the Maori thing that I like into it

And thats the Maori details that could be more accentuated in the logo

800px-Flag_of_Maori.svg.png
[/b]

It's pretty obvious where they found the inspiration, but they could have done much more with it as you have some awesome talented Maori craftsman.

Off topic: I actually have my doubts about using the Maori symbols in the logo as most player of the team are Pakeha or South Pacific Islanders, altho they all have NZ identity off course.

Oooo RWC 2011 is cuming up in my head too

I want it to be the separate one, the real celebration of Rugby

(NOTE: I dont mean other countries organized RWCs bad)

nzbigball_3182_SQ_MEDIUM.jpg

Latest posts