• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand v Australia

W

Wally

Not sure why there isn't a thread for this game yet. If the Wallabies are ever going to win in New Zealand it has to be now.

Lineout hell. Might be interesting to see who's getting it right.

Rest of the game will be a blast.

Up the Wallabies!

hope the wallabies can get up in wellington. was the last time they won in wellington in 2000?

Inexperienced All Blacks side, but NZ has all ready lost the Tri Nations and won the Bledislo, so noone in NZ is taking the match too seriously. To be honest, I can't wait for 2012, so teams are only played twice, and AB's vs Wallabies 3 times I'm guessing in a year, it makes the occasions more special.

i still reckon if it's 5 degrees, 100km/h winds and it's raining sideways like it only does in wellington, then the all blacks will win.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Sep 17 2009, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i still reckon if it's 5 degrees, 100km/h winds and it's raining sideways like it only does in wellington, then the all blacks will win.[/b]
Wellington's Forecast

Saturday

High 13

Early rain clearing and becoming fine. Southerlies to disappear towards evening.

You do never know with Wellington what will happen.

lol it will probably hail.

turned up in wellington for christmas a few years ago, christmas eve was cold and stormy... middle of summer FFS!!!

Here's the AB's team. Several changes this time. Toeava comes in at centre, with Nonu shifting back to 12. Tialata returns to the team, Thompson replaces Kaino at 6 and Jane comes back into the side with Sivivatu out injured. The most suprising change is Tom Donnelly on debut at the expense of Ross, I didn't think Ross did anything wrong really..

1. Tony Woodcock (57 Tests)
2. Andrew Hore (42)
3. Neemia Tialata (36)
4. Brad Thorn (32)
5. Tom Donnelly
6. Adam Thomson (11)
7. Richie McCaw â€" captain (75)
8. Kieran Read (11)
9. Jimmy Cowan (27)
10. Dan Carter (61)
11. Josevata Rokocoko (59)
12. Ma’a Nonu (41)
13. Isaia Toeava (25)
14. Cory Jane (6)
15. Mils Muliaina (76)

Reserves:

16. Aled de Malmanche (1)
17. John Afoa (19)
18. Jason Eaton (12)
19. Rodney So’oialo (59)
20. Brendon Leonard (11)
21. Stephen Donald (16)
22. Hosea Gear (1)

Prediction : Australia by a score, there looks to be something wrong in the AB camp at the moment as the team hasn't really fired all year. Anyone care to explain what Hanson actually does? Sure as shite it isn't coaching the forwards from what I can see. Line out should have been sorted more than a year a go.

Interestingly the game is to decide who takes out the wooden spoon, guess who did that the last two times South Africa won the TriNations. :)

Come on you Blacks and all, will watch the game, expecting the worse, will then turn my attention on who gets an EOYT call up and if the coaches are going to be making that tour. Heads must roll if the ABs lose 3 at home.

BTW anyone really giving a toss about the fourth game this year? For the first time ever didn't watch an AB v Wallaby test match last year as was well over it by game 9,673 for the year.

Think it's currently Henry 7 - 1 Deans, Dingo is due a win.

I sure hope the All Blacks don't lose this one, because even if they've been ****, I still don't fancy losing our coaches two years out from the World Cup. I really can't see who could do a better job with what we've got right now. It isn't the coaches' fault the players can't pass, catch or claim a high ball. Those are the type of skills you're supposed to learn at a young age.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jethro @ Sep 18 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Prediction : Australia by a score, there looks to be something wrong in the AB camp at the moment as the team hasn't really fired all year. Anyone care to explain what Hanson actually does? Sure as shite it isn't coaching the forwards from what I can see. Line out should have been sorted more than a year a go.

Interestingly the game is to decide who takes out the wooden spoon, guess who did that the last two times South Africa won the TriNations. :)

Come on you Blacks and all, will watch the game, expecting the worse, will then turn my attention on who gets an EOYT call up and if the coaches are going to be making that tour. Heads must roll if the ABs lose 3 at home.

BTW anyone really giving a toss about the fourth game this year? For the first time ever didn't watch an AB v Wallaby test match last year as was well over it by game 9,673 for the year.

Think it's currently Henry 7 - 1 Deans, Dingo is due a win.[/b]
I believe it's 6-1. I'm looking forward to the game but only because it's being played in Tokyo. Back to three matches next year please, if the ARU want to expand the game and increase their windfall they can play a home game in Denver / Tokyo / Dubai / Singapore.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flux @ Sep 18 2009, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I sure hope the All Blacks don't lose this one, because even if they've been ****, I still don't fancy losing our coaches two years out from the World Cup. I really can't see who could do a better job with what we've got right now. It isn't the coaches' fault the players can't pass, catch or claim a high ball. Those are the type of skills you're supposed to learn at a young age.[/b]

The only reason i wouldnt want the coaches replaced is because the incoming coaches would be stuck with the mistakes the current ones have made. And mate, Dave Rennie would do a hell of a better job, especially in the backs. Look at how well he got Manawatu and the NZ under 20s fireing. Hes got nothing to work with in Manawatu and they have one of the sharpest backlines in the comp.

I think that the basic skill problems actually are the coaches fault. All this flat backline **** and putting players in the wrong positions is preventing the players from playing their natural game. If you gave the guys some depth mabye they would be more comfortable catching and passing the ball.

Coaches all over the place are also messing up players by making them change how they perform those simple skills, and from what im told the AB coaches are some of the worst culprits. I was involved in an academy where a perfectly accurate throwing hooker was told not to throw with his arms and instead to stand with both feet planted and throw from his core, because thats a "better way". He cant throw for **** now. We were also told to pass completely differently, with no "loading action" ie, dont bring the ball back to gain power, just push it straight from the hip. And instead of spiraling a pass normally with the balls ends facing each sideline, we were told to pass the ball with the ends facing up and down. Apparently this was supposed to make our passes released faster and easier to catch, it just ended up with all of us looking like school children learning to pass and catch a ball again. It made everyone worse. The stupid part was that their was absolutely nothing wrong with us before. The worst part of these things are when they drill what to do in certain situations into players. If there is a ruck in this part of the field do this is if this happens do this. Every ounce of natural talent is squeezed out of young players. I have no doubt that this is being done to guys like Ma'a Nonu and Isaia Toeava.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danger @ Sep 18 2009, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
All this flat backline **** and putting players in the wrong positions is preventing the players from playing their natural game. If you gave the guys some depth mabye they would be more comfortable catching and passing the ball.[/b]

THANK YOU!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Sep 18 2009, 03:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
bring it back to melbourne FFS!![/b]

Confirmed: Australia vs New Zealand will be at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in 2010. John O'Neill, in announcing the 2007 fixture there said it would also be used in 2010. Australia will host New Zealand twice in 2010, the other venue is yet to be announced. Sydney should get it but Brisbane will be pushing hard.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Sep 17 2009, 06:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Not sure why there isn't a thread for this game yet. If the Wallabies are ever going to win in New Zealand it has to be now.[/b]

Probably because it is going to be the lowest tri nations tv ratings ever, tri nations gone, bledisloe gone, who cares about 2nd or third.

Time to breed new players, so bascially probably an experimental game with experimental teams.

Bring on Argentina.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Codorniou @ Sep 19 2009, 03:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Time to breed new players, so bascially probably an experimental game with experimental teams.

Bring on Argentina.[/b]

You would think and hope so. Henry has quite stubbornly refused to make many changes to the team.

Hosea Gear scored an NPC/ANZC record 14 trys in 2008, then backed that up with 8 tries in 4 games for the Junior All Blacks. Hes on well on track to beating his existing record in this years ANZC, scoring 4 tries in a single game.

Hes the most in form player in the country and he has played one test last year. Through all of Joe Roks shitty performances Gear has been left out of the team. Now with a dead rubber match, Joe starts on the wing again. Gear is on the bench, but only due to enforced injuries.

Why aren't we trying out new players ffs.

Inexperienced All Black side, Inexperienced Wallabies side, I think Australia will win if they can pull it together, but it's good to see Cory Jane in the starting lineup for the All Blacks.

Latest posts