• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand v Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Sep 18 2009, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jethro @ Sep 18 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Prediction : Australia by a score, there looks to be something wrong in the AB camp at the moment as the team hasn't really fired all year. Anyone care to explain what Hanson actually does? Sure as shite it isn't coaching the forwards from what I can see. Line out should have been sorted more than a year a go.

Interestingly the game is to decide who takes out the wooden spoon, guess who did that the last two times South Africa won the TriNations. :)

Come on you Blacks and all, will watch the game, expecting the worse, will then turn my attention on who gets an EOYT call up and if the coaches are going to be making that tour. Heads must roll if the ABs lose 3 at home.

BTW anyone really giving a toss about the fourth game this year? For the first time ever didn't watch an AB v Wallaby test match last year as was well over it by game 9,673 for the year.

Think it's currently Henry 7 - 1 Deans, Dingo is due a win.[/b]
I believe it's 6-1. I'm looking forward to the game but only because it's being played in Tokyo. Back to three matches next year please, if the ARU want to expand the game and increase their windfall they can play a home game in Denver / Tokyo / Dubai / Singapore.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks Wally couldn't quite recall the head to head.

Think they should send the 7s to Melbourne next time round to be honest or Sydney, both venues hold 80+ thousand and would sell out. JON once again unable to work out the simple things imho.

FFS Kieran Read, where are your

BASIC BALL SKILLS????

WHAT THE HELL IS IT WITH THIS CURRENT BUNCH OF ALL BLACKS THAT THEY CANT CATCH AND PASS THE FECKING BALL??

Half-time: New Zealand 16 - 6 Australia

How was Toeava's tackle high? He hit the player on the chest. no way was that a yellow card.

10 point lead at the break, fortunate though that Rokocoko wasn't pinged for a deliberate forward pass, don't think he was making any effort to intercept that one.

Yellow card was harsh but I was glad to see the ref going back to him after the advantage was given. Too often you'll see players escaping cards simply cause a team have scored off the advantage.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Sep 19 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

BASIC BALL SKILLS????

WHAT THE HELL IS IT WITH THIS CURRENT BUNCH OF ALL BLACKS THAT THEY CANT CATCH AND PASS THE FECKING BALL??[/b]

Couldn't agree more. Mates are watching it and just talked about this system I came up with for grading players on their performance. Basically five tiers and this is how it'd go.

Grade 5 = (Absolutely Essential) Players like: Richie McCaw and Dan Carter.
Grade 4 = (Comfortably in the squad) Players like Tony Woodcock and To'oava (on current form - last 2 games only).
Grade 3 = (Adaquate but not performing exceptionally) Players like Isaac Ross, Brad Thorn & Jimmy Cowan.
Grade 2 = (Holding on, but not upto standard and must improve) Players like Joe Rokocoko, Ma'a Nonu & Kieran Read
Grade 1 = (Should be dropped) = No one always (but sometimes Stephen Donald & the first couple of games of the Tri Nations from Neemia Tialata)

It'd be interesting to use this system on the forum to give a quick and easy indication of how you feel your players are going.

So, grade some players guys. Be interesting to get your views?

NZ wins 33-6. That is a dicking, and with an ounce of luck, they could have won by 50.

Just look what happens when players hold on the the pill!!

All Blacks OWNED the breakdown, and what????? owned the line-out too

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Sep 19 2009, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Sep 19 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BASIC BALL SKILLS????

WHAT THE HELL IS IT WITH THIS CURRENT BUNCH OF ALL BLACKS THAT THEY CANT CATCH AND PASS THE FECKING BALL??[/b]

Couldn't agree more. Mates are watching it and just talked about this system I came up with for grading players on their performance. Basically five tiers and this is how it'd go.

Grade 4 = (Comfortably in the squad) Players like Tony Woodcock and To'oava (on current form - last 2 games only).
Grade 3 = (Adaquate but not performing exceptionally) Players like Isaac Ross, Brad Thorn & Jimmy Cowan.
Grade 2 = (Holding on, but not upto standard and must improve) Players like Joe Rokocoko, Ma'a Nonu & Kieran Read
Grade 1 = (Should be dropped) = No one always (but sometimes Stephen Donald & the first couple of games of the Tri Nations from Neemia Tialata)

It'd be interesting to use this system on the forum to give a quick and easy indication of how you feel your players are going.

[/b][/quote]

Game player ratings from tonights performance based on this

Mills = 4
Jane = 5
Toeava = 4
Nonu = 5
Roks = 3/4
Carter = 5
Cowan = 4
Read = 3
McCaw = 5
Thompson = 4
Donelly = 3
Thorn = 3
Tialata = 2/1
Hore = 2
Woodcock = 5

Judging by all performances, in the ANZC and Trinations, my top 2 players in each position for end of year tour would be;

15) Mills Muliaina-Corey Jane
14) Sean Maitland-Joe Rockococo
13) Conrad Smith-Richard Kahui
12) Ma'a Nonu-Isaia Toeava
11) Hosea Gear-Sitiveni Sivivatu
10) Dan Carter-Colin Slade/Aaron Cruden
9) Jimmy Cowan-Piri Weepu
8) Richie McCaw-Liam Messam/ Keiran Reid
7) George Whitelock-Scott Waldrom/Tanerau Latimer
6) Adam Thompson-Jerome Kaino
5) Isaac Ross-Josh Bekuis
4) Brad Thorn-Tom Donnelly
3) Owen Franks-Wyatt Crocket
2) Hika Elliot- Keven Mealamu
1) Tony Woodcock-Hikairo Forbes

Great All Black game, I disagree with your rating system danger, Rokocoko had a good game, made very few mistakes and scored a try. Best All Blacks game all year, and very enjoyable rugby to watch. I still prefer So'oialo in the starting #8, but I guess I see the merits of pushing Read in, so that he can go 4 the World Cup. Very pleased with Toeava's game, just shows the difference between his best and worse games. On one sad note, I think Hosea's chances to be a regular All Blacks are ruled out, as he only touched the ball the once in the time he was on the field, and that time he had no options except to go down, so that sucks, but Cory Jane played amazingly under the high ball.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danger @ Sep 19 2009, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Sep 19 2009, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Sep 19 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BASIC BALL SKILLS????

[/b][/quote]

Game player ratings from tonights performance based on this

Mills = 4
Jane = 5
Toeava = 4
Nonu = 5
Roks = 3/4
Carter = 5
Cowan = 4
Read = 3
McCaw = 5
Thompson = 4
Donelly = 3
Thorn = 3
Tialata = 2/1
Hore = 2
Woodcock = 5
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for trialing that 5 grade rating system Danger. It's quite close to what I'd say. Here's mine:

Mills = 4
Jane = 5
Toeava = 4
Nonu = 4
Roks = 4
Carter = 4
Cowan = 4
Read = 2
McCaw = 5
Thompson = 4
Donelly = 4
Thorn = 4
Tialata = 2
Hore = 2
Woodcock = 4

So, all in all a fine performance. Ecept for one thing. We had that game won comfortably with 10mins to go. What better chance to practice what NZ cannot do. Drop goals. We'll need them one day, possibly in a world cup and we still can't do them. Surely we need to realise that it's an important part of the tool box and we need to learn how to grab them from 30-40m out!

On that note... who was the last AB to slot a drop goal in a test match? i can't really remember.

Andrew Mehrtens, WC '95? lol

It's a fair point about the drop goals but using the last quarter to try and create one would be a bit like a football team practising penalties in training, you can never replicate the same pressure of the real situation.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Sep 19 2009, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's a fair point about the drop goals but using the last quarter to try and create one would be a bit like a football team practising penalties in training, you can never replicate the same pressure of the real situation.[/b]

First time I've ever called crap on one of your comments An Tarbh, lol. It was a real situation. It was a test match and I wasn't calling on them to spend a whole quarter on it. That wasn't the comment at all. That's internet speak, amplify something you don't agree with to make it seem incorrect. This is a real gameplay deficieny for the All Blacks and it has cost us three major matches in the last four years and will again if not addressed. It's a hell of a lot better trying to do one in an already won test match than in a closed practice session (albeit not as hard as in a test match where you trail by two) - end of story.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Sep 19 2009, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Great All Black game, I disagree with your rating system danger, Rokocoko had a good game, made very few mistakes and scored a try. Best All Blacks game all year, and very enjoyable rugby to watch. I still prefer So'oialo in the starting #8, but I guess I see the merits of pushing Read in, so that he can go 4 the World Cup. Very pleased with Toeava's game, just shows the difference between his best and worse games. On one sad note, I think Hosea's chances to be a regular All Blacks are ruled out, as he only touched the ball the once in the time he was on the field, and that time he had no options except to go down, so that sucks, but Cory Jane played amazingly under the high ball.[/b]

Really? i think the statement that Rokocoko is "adequate but not comfortably in the squad" is a fair call. Hes not comfortable by any means. I think So'oialo has been average, as has Reid. My solution is to move McCaw to 8, hes more then capable, as the ranfurly shield game proved and he cant keep up his pace forever, Openside is a young mans position. and i think that Whitelock is a better player then Reid.

A backrow of; 6)Thompson/Kaino, 7)Whitelock, 8)McCaw would be fantastic, the workrate between them would be phenominal.
I dont see how making absolutly no mistakes with limited opportunities "rules out" a guys all black chances. He should be one of the first names down for the end of year tour

Like Rococcocococococococo. Like seeing him do over the top dives. Like seeing him run.

Decent game today. Everyone seemed to be giving it there all, something I don't think these two sides have been doing at all during the tournement.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Sep 19 2009, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>FFS Kieran Read, where are your

IF ITS SO f***ING EASY WHY DON'T YOU PLAY FOR HIM??????????

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Sep 19 2009, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

BASIC BALL SKILLS????

[/b][/quote]

Robinson - 4
Polatu-Nau - 2
Alexander - 2
Horwill - 3
Chisholm - 2
Elsom - 5
Pocock - 4
Smith - 5
Genia - 4
Giteua - 1
Mitchell - 3
Barnes - 5
AAC - 3
Turner - 1
O'Connor - 1

Giteua was non-existant again. Carter dominated him again. He should be dropped and given a wake up call.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Sep 20 2009, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Sep 19 2009, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotemain'>FFS Kieran Read, where are your

NEVER!!!

If your attitude is one that is prevalent north of Coolangatta, then its hardly surprising!!

Latest posts