• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand v Australia

wallabies were nothing but dissapointing last night, they couldn't have strung a piece of **** together for a whole 80 minutes and then it was always a case of catch up rugby, while the all blacks did exactly what they needed to do to win. wallabies looked second rate last night and it shits me because they played like machines against the boks 2 weeks earlier.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TRUE LEGND @ Sep 20 2009, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Sep 20 2009, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Giteau can't do a simple cross kick. Mind you, neither can Carter - he put in two poor ones last week.[/b]
I honestly cant see anything wrong with carters cross kicking, 2 games back in the black jersey & from what i saw hes doing alright
[/b][/quote]
Well, it's Carter isn't it? Best in the world should have that skill down to a tee.

The ABs expect to drag the defence back and forth every game until there's a huge gap out wide that just needs "the big pass" to cut out the last stragglers. Cross kick is the most efficient way to do it.

McCaw scored from one Carter cross kick against the Boks last week, but it took huge skill from him to ground the ball inside the touchline when he should have had an acre of space to go under the posts. And the cross kick after that was too high even for a second row with a lifter to keep out of touch. That could have won the game.

I know Carter's just back, and he's made a few mistakes that everyone expects will be put right. But AB kicking tactics have caused alot of heartache in the biggest games - pay attention!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Sep 20 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TRUE LEGND @ Sep 20 2009, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Giteau can't do a simple cross kick. Mind you, neither can Carter - he put in two poor ones last week.[/b]
I honestly cant see anything wrong with carters cross kicking, 2 games back in the black jersey & from what i saw hes doing alright
[/b][/quote]
Well, it's Carter isn't it? Best in the world should have that skill down to a tee.

The ABs expect to drag the defence back and forth every game until there's a huge gap out wide that just needs "the big pass" to cut out the last stragglers. Cross kick is the most efficient way to do it.

McCaw scored from one Carter cross kick against the Boks last week, but it took huge skill from him to ground the ball inside the touchline when he should have had an acre of space to go under the posts. And the cross kick after that was too high even for a second row with a lifter to keep out of touch. That could have won the game.

I know Carter's just back, and he's made a few mistakes that everyone expects will be put right. But AB kicking tactics have caused alot of heartache in the biggest games - pay attention!
[/b][/quote]

I must have been watching a different game to you... :huh: :huh:

Carter's inaccuracy of cross kicking were never mentioned or brought up in any of the media reports, i wonder why?? from what i saw last night he dropped 1 ball :bravo:

His accuracy in field territory is roughly around 98% his kicking for wingers is around 99% , but Dan Carter being Dan Carter anything around 99% is not good

... A man of his caliber cant be replaced in NZ at the moment who in NZ would you replace him with??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TRUE LEGND @ Sep 20 2009, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Sep 20 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TRUE LEGND @ Sep 20 2009, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I must have been watching a different game to you... :huh: :huh:

Carter's inaccuracy of cross kicking were never mentioned or brought up in any of the media reports, i wonder why?? from what i saw last night he dropped 1 ball :bravo:

His accuracy in field territory is roughly around 98% his kicking for wingers is around 99% , but Dan Carter being Dan Carter anything around 99% is not good

... A man of his caliber cant be replaced in NZ at the moment who in NZ would you replace him with??
[/b][/quote]
Wouldn't replace him - truly great player. But he's made a few blunders in the past two games that you wouldn't expect - kicks out on the full, dropped ball etc. Not a lot, but enough to make you go Hmmmm.

I don't care about the media. In the Boks game I saw him execute two kicks poorly on the back of moves that deserved two tries. One was scored because McCaw has amazing skill, and one was missed.

Just saying that the ABs can't afford that inaccuracy when it comes to the Big One. You know it!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wjd23104 @ Sep 20 2009, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danger @ Sep 19 2009, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Codorniou @ Sep 19 2009, 03:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Time to breed new players, so bascially probably an experimental game with experimental teams.

Bring on Argentina.[/b]

You would think and hope so. Henry has quite stubbornly refused to make many changes to the team.

Hosea Gear scored an NPC/ANZC record 14 trys in 2008, then backed that up with 8 tries in 4 games for the Junior All Blacks. Hes on well on track to beating his existing record in this years ANZC, scoring 4 tries in a single game.

Hes the most in form player in the country and he has played one test last year. Through all of Joe Roks shitty performances Gear has been left out of the team. Now with a dead rubber match, Joe starts on the wing again. Gear is on the bench, but only due to enforced injuries.

Why aren't we trying out new players ffs.
[/b][/quote]
Hosea Gear is overated. Cory Janes a fullback and played better at wing than Gear did. Anyone could have scored those four tries against counties (yeah even Joe).
[/b][/quote]
You don't know whqat your on about, Hosea got 1 shot with the ball and no oppertunities for the 15 minutes he was on. Yeah your right, he is over rated, that is why he is leading the ANZ cup try scoring with 8 tries, and why he holds the record last season with 14 tries...Jane did very well on the wing, but Hosea hasn't been properlly tested yet.

Best territory kicker ever would have to be Chris Latham, he was so damn accurate, more accurate than Dan Carter and Percy Montgomery.

Holy s#!@ fullaz the All Blacks thrashed the Wallabies and some of you still aren't happy. To be honest I didn't really like the game until about the 60th min when I knew the All Blacks looked like they were gonna win it before that thou I wasn't really convinced because playing against the Wallabies anything can happen.

Awesome effort from our boys but I really do hope the Wallabies come back stronger they will always and forever have my respect no matter how they play. Toeava was good but was I the only one getting annoyed at how many umms he said in his post match interview with smithie.

He isn't a natural public speaker, but I guess we will all ways have good old Jerry Collins to hold the record for worse public speaking in NZ. He is apparently quite a shy guy is Toeava, so I'm not suprised, but the little amount of errors he made, and actual good passes made me very very happy with his performance.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Sep 20 2009, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wouldn't replace him - truly great player. But he's made a few blunders in the past two games that you wouldn't expect - kicks out on the full, dropped ball etc. Not a lot, but enough to make you go Hmmmm.

I don't care about the media. In the Boks game I saw him execute two kicks poorly on the back of moves that deserved two tries. One was scored because McCaw has amazing skill, and one was missed.

Just saying that the ABs can't afford that inaccuracy when it comes to the Big One. You know it![/b]

Didn't agree with you on the "Dan Carter made a few blunders part" If your judging him on the last game with S.A where he miss judged the kick then thats pretty blatant dont you think? At the time he said in an interview "Its not that i miss judged the kick i had to comprehend kicking it to a foward standing in a place usualy vacated by a winger who usualy leaps 6 feet in in the air How many players do you know thats gone through 80 mins without making 1 off judgment call?? I believe its even worse when your playing in a team where the moral is way down. Also remember that same game your talking about Carter used the cross kick to kick us out of our 22 which landed in there 22 the line out was formed ball turned over and led to a try in the corner, Now remember this all started from "Inaccurate Dan Carter" work that out... no person play's at a 100% strike rate nowdays

Leave our Dan the man alonetheres ABSOLUTLY NOTHING wrong his accuracy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TRUE LEGND @ Sep 20 2009, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wjd23104 @ Sep 20 2009, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hosea Gear is overated. Cory Janes a fullback and played better at wing than Gear did.[/b]

Cory Jane is a very good player and he played well last night but to single out Gear like hes over rated tells me you have a problem with him... Who in NZ at the moment that you think that would be able to score trys like he does?
[/b][/quote] Rene Ranger and leila Masaga are both great try scorers but no one mentions them as replacements for Joe. Why? because you need more than speed to be an allblack. Hosea Gear is a good winger and not a great winger. Someone pointed out his four trys
against Counties, go rewatch that game and tell me Joe, Maitland, Masaga Or Ranger wouldn't have scored those trys. He scored some easy trys on the back of a dominate Wellington performance. Try rewatching the Canterbury v Wellington game and see how Hosea blends into the background until the game is all but over.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Sep 20 2009, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wjd23104 @ Sep 20 2009, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Codorniou @ Sep 19 2009, 03:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Time to breed new players, so bascially probably an experimental game with experimental teams.

Bring on Argentina.[/b]

You would think and hope so. Henry has quite stubbornly refused to make many changes to the team.

Hosea Gear scored an NPC/ANZC record 14 trys in 2008, then backed that up with 8 tries in 4 games for the Junior All Blacks. Hes on well on track to beating his existing record in this years ANZC, scoring 4 tries in a single game.

Hes the most in form player in the country and he has played one test last year. Through all of Joe Roks shitty performances Gear has been left out of the team. Now with a dead rubber match, Joe starts on the wing again. Gear is on the bench, but only due to enforced injuries.

[/b][/quote]
Hosea Gear is overated. Cory Janes a fullback and played better at wing than Gear did. Anyone could have scored those four tries against counties (yeah even Joe).
[/b][/quote]
You don't know whqat your on about, Hosea got 1 shot with the ball and no oppertunities for the 15 minutes he was on. Yeah your right, he is over rated, that is why he is leading the ANZ cup try scoring with 8 tries, and why he holds the record last season with 14 tries...Jane did very well on the wing, but Hosea hasn't been properlly tested yet.
[/b][/quote] he leads the try scorers because hes good at cashing in on poor defence. You only need to watch the big games (Canterbury this year and the final last year) to see he doesn't step up when needed. I am not judging him just on the 15mins for the ABs. He does not create trys. Granted Niether does Joe but there seems to be this Hosea Gear is great and must be selected at once thing going around. I am just saying he's good at Domestic Level but won't make half as much impact at international level.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wjd23104 @ Sep 20 2009, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Bring on Argentina.[/b]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

Bullshit. Hosea got 10 minutes. you cant compare how he played. Hes also got a different style then Jane. Janes a counter attacker, and he looks to set up other guys. Gear is an old school wing, a finisher through and through. Hes a winger, his job is to score tries and he does that in bucketloads.

How is he overrated. MOST TRYS IN ANZC/NPC EVER, 8 TRYS IN 4 GAMES FOR JABS. He is the strongest winger in the country, he doesnt have amazing acceleration but once he gets into 1st gear i would rate him at one of the fastest guys in the country. The way he made Karne Hesketh look like an unfit prop chasing after him was a sight to behold. It really ****** me off when guys like you say that his performances don't count because of the standard of opposition, the guy can only play whats in front of him ffs. he deserves a chance to prove himself.

Jeez how is he overrated.

We have missed out that he was the highest try scorer in the Pacific Cup, scoring INTERNATIONAL tries in every Pacific match and I believe he scored 7 tries all together, and if people actually watched those game, they would realise his work rate was very high, and he also helped set up other tries.

Keiron Read is the most driven back no.8 in AB history. He runs it up hard but he is obviously not robust like the previous no.8s. Dont get me wrong I know Read is a good player but maybe he should go back to the flanks. I think Thorn should play no.8 he has better go forward then most of the guys in the pack.

O'Connor should be on the wing he made 'expensive' mistakes that Drew Mitchell wouldnt have..

Wallabies didnt play like they did against the Boks however, if they did they still would have lost but not like 33-6.

Good game for us bad game from the aussies.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wjd23104 @ Sep 20 2009, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Sep 20 2009, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bring on Argentina.[/b]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote] he leads the try scorers because hes good at cashing in on poor defence. You only need to watch the big games (Canterbury this year and the final last year) to see he doesn't step up when needed. I am not judging him just on the 15mins for the ABs. He does not create trys. Granted Niether does Joe but there seems to be this Hosea Gear is great and must be selected at once thing going around. I am just saying he's good at Domestic Level but won't make half as much impact at international level.
[/b][/quote]

So your against Hosea because he cashes in on poor defence.. as i said, he can only play wants in front of him man. Hes a finisher, thats the wingers job. Hes good under the high ball, has the pace to have a go on the outside and the pace to straighten up in the middle. He looks for work, but not at the expense of comprimising his job. Wingers are supposed to score tries, and he does. Whats the problem.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Sep 19 2009, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Grade 5 = (Absolutely Essential) Players like: Richie McCaw and Dan Carter.
Grade 4 = (Comfortably in the squad) Players like Tony Woodcock and To'oava (on current form - last 2 games only).
Grade 3 = (Adaquate but not performing exceptionally) Players like Isaac Ross, Brad Thorn & Jimmy Cowan.
Grade 2 = (Holding on, but not upto standard and must improve) Players like Joe Rokocoko, Ma'a Nonu & Kieran Read
Grade 1 = (Should be dropped) = No one always (but sometimes Stephen Donald & the first couple of games of the Tri Nations from Neemia Tialata)[/b]

Grade 0 = not on long enough and/or or didn't have enough opportunities to assess.

For this match only;
5 - McCaw, Thomson, Toeava, Jane, Woodcock, Eaton, Donnelly
4 - Read, Tialata, Carter, Muliaina, Nonu, Thorne
3 - Rokocoko, Cowan, Hore, Afoa
2 - none
1 - none

0 - DeMalmache, Gear, So'oialo, Leonard,

Anyone who thinks the line-out us fixed, keep in mind there were two glaring difference between last night's line out and last week's, and those two difference were.....

South%20Africa%20v%20British%20Irish%20Lions%201st%20Test%200MRgoM9d2NIl.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danger @ Sep 20 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Bring on Argentina.[/b]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

Bullshit. Hosea got 10 minutes. you cant compare how he played. Hes also got a different style then Jane. Janes a counter attacker, and he looks to set up other guys. Gear is an old school wing, a finisher through and through. Hes a winger, his job is to score tries and he does that in bucketloads.

How is he overrated. MOST TRYS IN ANZC/NPC EVER, 8 TRYS IN 4 GAMES FOR JABS. He is the strongest winger in the country, he doesnt have amazing acceleration but once he gets into 1st gear i would rate him at one of the fastest guys in the country. The way he made Karne Hesketh look like an unfit prop chasing after him was a sight to behold. It really ****** me off when guys like you say that his performances don't count because of the standard of opposition, the guy can only play whats in front of him ffs. he deserves a chance to prove himself.

[/b][/quote]
One. He had roughly 22mins Two. His workrate isn't great Three.He isn't able to up is game, so what if scored trys for the jabs who did he play Japan, fiji, Samoa. Without Aus A for competition that Comp's a Joke. Again Trys in the NPC aren't the same thing he scored 4 against a horribly under srength Counties which greatly inflates his numbers. Again i'm not saying he's crap, he's just not starting allblack good. You say he scored the most try's in an npc season ever, do believe there aren't 20 to 30 Allblack Wingers in the past and present that aren't better than him. He was in a dominate Wlg side up against the likes of Manawatu Tasman Northland and Counties of course he scored a ton of trys.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danger @ Sep 20 2009, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wjd23104 @ Sep 20 2009, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Sep 20 2009, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bring on Argentina.[/b]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

So your against Hosea because he cashes in on poor defence.. as i said, he can only play wants in front of him man. Hes a finisher, thats the wingers job. Hes good under the high ball, has the pace to have a go on the outside and the pace to straighten up in the middle. He looks for work, but not at the expense of comprimising his job. Wingers are supposed to score tries, and he does. Whats the problem.
[/b][/quote]

Exactly and name any big game you want Hosea Gear disappears. The Last two times Wellington have played Canterbury for instance.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Sep 20 2009, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We have missed out that he was the highest try scorer in the Pacific Cup, scoring INTERNATIONAL tries in every Pacific match and I believe he scored 7 tries all together, and if people actually watched those game, they would realise his work rate was very high, and he also helped set up other tries.[/b]
You have got to be kidding me! International thats a laugh. what do you think would happen if the allblacks played these International level teams, i don't think i'm being aggrogant when i say Tonga Samoa Fiji and Japan Would struggle to stay within 60points of the ABs. Thats not international.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danger @ Sep 20 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Bring on Argentina.[/b]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote] You would rate him as what one of the 50th or 100th Fastest guys? Sivivatu, Jane, Masaga, Maitland, Zac Guilford Israel Dagg, A.leiua David Smith. Do i really need to go on listing guys that clearly have more pace than Gear? How bout Ranger, Koonwiyoo and Vainakolo. Go get some glasses.

Latest posts