• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand v Ireland, 7th June 2008, Westpac Stadium, Wellington New Zealand

new zealand 60
irealand 6 [/b]

...now thats called being silly! :bravo:

It starts at 8.25, TV Stations, im not so sure of! I dont live up here* long enough during the year to care!

*Northen Hemisphere.

what is that site where you can supposedly watch tv online? media something.. <_<

Wallace has had two starts for Ireland, Pacific Islanders and Barbarians. In both he seemed to perform well, in the Pacific Islanders game he came 2 points off the all time Ireland point scored in one match record with 26.

Do we underrate him, or is he actually bad.
[/b]

20 minutes - hmm cough cough

<div class='quotemain'>
Wallace has had two starts for Ireland, Pacific Islanders and Barbarians. In both he seemed to perform well, in the Pacific Islanders game he came 2 points off the all time Ireland point scored in one match record with 26.

Do we underrate him, or is he actually bad.
[/b]

20 minutes - hmm cough cough [/b][/quote]

He is actually bad for international level. Anyone could have scored that try, all he had to do was run at Sivi's arm. Sivi was already off-balance and the line provided by O'Gara was fantastic.

I think the Toulon finance director might be calling the bank to cancel that £500k cheque later today. :p

I think the Toulon finance director might be calling the bank to cancel that £500k cheque later today. :p
[/b]

Reckon, he's having a nightmare.

LOL at Smith (the slowest center in the world) burning O'Driscoll for that first try.

Sounds like a pitched battle out there, stuck with the text feed at work!

Two questions:

1. What are the chances of Ireland trying for a DG if it gets to the last five minutes at 11-11?
2. What are the chances of the ABs going for a DG in the same situation? :D

<div class='quotemain'> Speak of the devil and he gifts the ABs 3 points. [/b]
Maybe not gifts as Carter is playing total rubbish.

[/b][/quote]

No, it definately went over.

Try for New Zealand. Ireland 11 vs 21 New Zealand

Made by Cater, finished off by Nonu with Schwalger as the link. Wouldn't be surprised if the All Blacks start to pull away now as Dan is beginning to stretch the strings.

Full Time: New Zealand 21 - Ireland 11.

Not exactly the best of starts for New Zealand but it sounds like Carter gradually improved as the game wore on.

If Cipriani had not suffered that horrific injury, I think England would have fancied their chances next weekend. Ah, what if, what if, what if...

Lineout was appalling, other then that it could have been worse.

Interesting that O Driscol says it was the coldest he has ever played in.

bit scrappy but an all black win all the same. they played well into the wind to go in 8-8 at halftime. ireland to their credit never gave up but just didn't have enough to consistently break down the abs defense. carter slightly off night but with the wind at his back was a changed man in the second half.

all blacks were woeful in retaining the ball from kicks offs I think they got 1 clean one all night. I don't think so'oailo is a 6 at all and I would be surprised if he wasn't back at no8 next week.

finally ref was very ordinary tonight. made some strange calls throughout the game and some blatantly should have gone in the other direction for both teams.

I thought smith was meant to be slow seemed like he had plenty of pace in setting up the try for sivi.

I wish Chris White was banned from international tests, he is a joke.
Good start from the All Blacks in horrific conditions, which always act as a great equaliser in these games. I felt really sorry for Tuitavake having to debut in weather like that, it was never going to be a winger's night nor any other back for that matter. Here's hoping they give him another chance to show his stuff.

Whats more important is how Australia and South Africa are viewing all of this in preparation for the Tri Nations?

Via a television I think!

my irish player ratings:
Horan Minus 10- complete Stupidity turned the tide with that penalty - :censored: idiot!!!

Flannery 1/10- his throwing was woeful worse then anything Jackman has done- did nothing in the loose

Hayes 6/10- One great turnover- did ok in loose

DOC 5/10 - worked hard in the loose but again poor in Lineout but mainly down to throwing

POC 7/10- probally the best of the Irish pack got turned over once but not the only one

Leamy 6/10 - Did ok good fringe defence did not get much go forward

Wallace 6/10 - on the backfoot most of the game outplayed by mccaw a few good carries

Heaslip 5/10 - did OK in the loose was getting ball on backfoot - did as well as Kaino

Reddan 3/10 - poor passing, so slow at times clearing the bball

ROG 5/10- better kicking then Carter but bad missed tackle on Carter

Wallace 6/10 - got whacked early on but did OK defensively and took his try well

BOD 4/10- got caught out for 1st try no impact ball in hand

Bowe 4/10- Did ok bar one mess up in first half

Horgan 4/10- couple of dropped balls- took ball in ok

Kearney 7/10 - Irelands best back looked a threat ball in hand and some lovelly kicks in no space, nearly cost us a try but did well overall

Subs
Buckley 6/10 did well when came on - scrum was not much worse - maybe start him next week for Horan
Best 6/10 - Lineout improved a bit when came on and did more around the pitch has to start next game
Other subs not on long enough to rate

Latest posts