• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand v Ireland, 7th June 2008, Westpac Stadium, Wellington New Zealand

Considering the conditions, our backline did show some great signs. Nonu and Smith look the part, I hope Henry doesn't split them up each week.

Kaino didn't really have a chance to shine and I reckon Rodders will go back to 8 next week 'cos in no way is he a 6. I'd like to see Thompson get a shot in the 6 jersey against England next week.

Thought the effort was a good one from the AB's first up. Ireland's defence was great and made it a good test if not a great spectacle. It was never going to be a great spectacle with the weather, should be a better one next week against the English hopefully.

Cheer up mate, I'll be alright, booked a table with a telly at an Irish bar in Vegas!

I'm going to be there as part of a convention of like minded chic-geeks and I've been put in charge of organising "Rugby Night".

We kick off at 12:30am for the England game and finish at about 9am after the 2nd Wales game.

24 Hour Family run Irish bar + Telly + Rugby + Beer + Full "irish" at 3am = happiness.

So'oialo was immense at 6, he should be retained there. Kaino carried quite well but in these conditions its all about ball presentation, i hope they keep him for next week and then use Lauaki.

How many of the match day XV for New Zealand starred in the NZ Maori in the Churchill Cup Final last year?

If you think about it, this could well end up as a re-run of the Churchill Cup final!

How many of the match day XV for New Zealand starred in the NZ Maori in the Churchill Cup Final last year?

If you think about it, this could well end up as a re-run of the Churchill Cup final! [/b]

Ummmm...none of them.

Nobody from the 26 players from last years Maori Churchill Cup squad has ever put on an All Black jersey or made the reserves. The NZ Maori team is a Maori squad of players who can't make the AB's or the Junior AB's squads. Some of them would not make a 3rd or 4th AB team as there would be non Maori standing in the way.

This will simply be a rerun of the last time England toured here where England played badly and NZ introduced new raw talent (who have sinced decided to go overseas :lol: ).

Ireland scoring a try. Deserves a Gif

wallace2.gif

Latest posts