5 Reserve Day
8 New Zealand v Sri Lanka (5th ODI) Wellington
9 Reserve Day
10-12 Sri Lanka v Auckland, Auckland
15-19 New Zealand v Sri Lanka (1st Test), Hamilton
22-26 New Zealand v Sri Lanka (2nd Test), Wellington

nzcricket.co.nz

----------

Should be a good ODI series with NZ looking to go 2nd in the rankings.. rebuilding time for the test team

At least they have had the sense to include "reserve" days (unlike our transtasman brothers.............
<
)

yeah reserve days are a good idea for sure. I guess with pakistan coming only a few days afterthe odi series tehy wanted to get maxuim rest and prepartion time. The odi series should be good with nz having a great year and sri lankans very dangerou top order. the test series will be interstingwith nz playing badly in recent times and also the need for a new opener with the retirement of richardson

lol the reason that cricket australia is giving for no reserve days apart form the obvious where the schedule is to hectic is the fact that NZ and other countries that make reserve days is because they rain a lot more than aus. But i feel if a series is into a decider why not ask the captains if they want to play a reserve day if it wasn't scheduled.

This series will be awesome, I cant wait but with me being biased we should reclaim our 2nd place in the ODI's but sadly dont see us winning any tests.

yeah go the black caps hopefully they pull of the series win. Weathr not too good in auckland at the moment hope itclears up so that the game won't be delayed on boxing day

Haha, Pure Ownage, hopefully it will last a bit longer when I go to the Napier One Dayer

New Zealand hosts the most boring ODIs in the world.
Id rather see us lose and have an entertaining match than it be boring and we win.

Sri Lanka may bee heading home, meeting at 5pm today to see if the tour will be cancelled

oh well its their decision i bet our boys would come home if something like that happened here

source:www.blackcaps.co.nz
Tour continues, but Napier match re-scheduled

The New Zealand Cricket and Sri Lanka Cricket boards tonight confirmed that Sri Lanka’s tour of New Zealand would continue despite the consequences of the Tsunami which struck Sri Lanka yesterday.

However, the second National Bank ODI match due to be played in Napier this Wednesday, December 29, has been postponed and will now be played in Napier on Tuesday, January 11.

This joint decision has been reached out of respect for the people of Sri Lanka and the effect this tragedy is having on them.

New Zealand Cricket chief executive Martin Snedden said, as a result of the timetable change, there would be a slight rescheduling of dates for the test match section of the tour. These dates will be finalised within the next 24 hours but both matches would definitely proceed, Snedden said.

“New Zealand Cricket has great compassion for the people of Sri Lanka and what they have suffered during this terrible time.

“It is testament to the strong relationship between the two boards that they have worked together to quickly find a workable solution,†he said.

The ODI series will recommence with the match in Queenstown this coming Sunday, January 2.

The tour has been called off afterall, understandable. The death toll in Sri Lanka alone is 22000 at the moment. The series will be replayed at some future date.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Dec 30 2004, 03:44 AM
The tour has been called off afterall, understandable. The death toll in Sri Lanka alone is 22000 at the moment. The series will be replayed at some future date.
It's the right decision for sure, although sad for nz cricket fans

Latest posts