• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand vs PNG

S

St Helens RLFC

This has the potential to be one of the games of the tournament. New Zealand are currently below PNG on points difference at the moment and if they lose are in real danger of crashing out of the tournament.

If PNG lose then they will need to hope other results go their way and will have to beat hosts Australia to have any hope of progressing to the next round. PNG put so much heart and effort into their game against England but still came up short. Can they do it again with better results after a week off?

Whilst I'd love to see New Zealand crash out of the tournament in the group stages, I can only see a win for them. But if PNG have a go at them like they did against England it could potentially be a very close match.

PNG wont win, theres a bit of hype going on suggesting they could cause a boilover, but it wont happen.
NZ to win quite easy in the end, though again PNG will play with heart.

I want to go to this game only 1hour down the highway....

HHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Phil Gould during the game in commentary, arguing with Vossy and co. about rubbish calls in the game after the benefit of the doubt try to the no.2 NZ winger.

"Dont wind me up Vossy, I'm up in the Gold Coast, I just want to relax, I want to go out after the game into town and dont wanna go home angry, go out have a nice Italian dinner, few drinks SO DONT WIND ME UP ABOUT RIDICULOUS DECISIONS THAT ARE RUINING THE GAME"

Not exact words, but you get the jist, Phil Gould at this best, Phil Gould fired up.

Phil Gould is a ******, I'd love to punch him out. The epitome of why I hate Australia when it comes to rugby league. Big mouthed, brash, arrogant and ignorant.

Much better from New Zealand, they won the game easily and now have +8 on England. Would though have been interested to see what would have happened if the Kumuls would have made touch with a penalty right after they scored and the Kiws put the subsequent kick off out on the full.

the outcome wasn't really a big surprice, really liked that bang on the PNG player.
PNG played a good game, but when you have a verys trong opponent you can see the difference immediately.