• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand vs Portugal

R

RC

Everyone has conceded that the all blacks already have 5 points in the bag for this game, but the question going around is can Portugal stop an actualy cricket score appearing on the boards and are they capable of getting a try against the mighty All Blacks.

New Zealand: Mils Muliaina, Isaia Toeava, Conrad Smith, Aaron Mauger, Joe Rokocoko, Nick Evans, Brendon Leonard, Sione Lauaki, Chris Masoe, Jerry Collins (captain), Ali Williams, Chris Jack, Greg Somerville, Andrew Hore, Neemia Tialata.

Reserves: Anton Oliver, Tony Woodcock, Carl Hayman, Rodney So'oialo, Keven Mealamu, Andy Ellis, Leon MacDonald

(Portugal anyone?)

Discussions below...

All the AB's can get out of this game is to come away injury free. Its a waste of time really. Pretty much a curtin raiser and a chance to get a few beers under the belt before Aus V Wales

lauaki can take on the whole portugese scrum by himself..depending on how sorry they feel for them im tipping the abs at 98973 to -0

8900 points to nick evans (hes better than the entire england backline)

Portuguese Players: Andre Silva, Joao Correia, Ruben Spachuck, Marcello D'Orey, Gonçalo Uva, Diogo Coutinho, Paulo Murinello, Vasco Uva, Luis Pissarra, Gonçalo Malheiro, Pedro Carvalho, Diogo Mateus, Miguel Portela, Antonio Aguilar, Pedro Leal.

Reserves: Rui Cordeiro, Joaquim Ferreira, David Penalva, Tiago Girão, João Uva, José Pinto, Duarte Cardoso Pinto

The result at the half time is 52 - 3. its being a nice match...

You have to love the celebrations from the Portugal drop goasl. You'd have think they won the game.

Never heard a roar from a try that loud in a while, either.

Love the way this Portuguese team plays their rugby - fantastic stuff! [/b]

You cant imagine how happy we, Portuguese people are when we hear or read your words.

I am really happy for this game... for the result, for the way we play, for the drop, and very happy for the try.

They really gave everything they had in this match.

And thanks to the All Black team for the respect they show to the Portuguese team.

Fantastic game. :bravo:

hahaahahahha i was so surprised at this match, i thought it was gonna be another boring all black ass wooping... but man did them Portuguese fight... one of the most entertaining matches ive seen in the world cup.

hahaahahahha i was so surprised at this match, i thought it was gonna be another boring all black ass wooping... but man did them Portuguese fight... one of the most entertaining matches ive seen in the world cup. [/b]

I still managed to fall asleep!!

I think it was an excellent match. Portugal really did give it their all which is what Rugby is all about, Malheiro and Cordeiro looked like they were on cloud nine when they scored.

A superb day for rugby. A day where regardless of points scored, tries grounded or balls slotted between posts; everyone wins. This match really has cheered me up now.

It was a fantastic Battle between the Giants of Rugby and the new boys, fully enjoyed it...

I think it was an excellent match. Portugal really did give it their all which is what Rugby is all about, Malheiro and Cordeiro looked like they were on cloud nine when they scored.

A superb day for rugby. A day where regardless of points scored, tries grounded or balls slotted between posts; everyone wins. This match really has cheered me up now.
[/b]

You know why? They are amateurs. And check this out: there are dentists, lawyers, students and other full-time workers in the Portuguese Rugby team.

While the All Blacks & other teams were in a concentration two months before this world cup begun, guess what were the Portuguese players doing... working double-shifts to compensate the 2 months they will spend not working!!

So that's why you fell really happy when you have a try against New Zealand... At least we scored, not unlike England! :bleh!:

So that's why you fell really happy when you have a try against New Zealand... At least we scored, not unlike England! :bleh!:
[/b]

So true, so true. You could say "we might not be any good, but at least we turned up" about Portugal. Hearts on their sleeves and passion in the jersey. It really cheered me up :)

Portugal showed the Kind of Passion that England have lacked, it was a we are hear to represent OUR Country, we WILL Sing, we WILL play to the best of our abilities...

England seem to be, ah well We are World Champions, we may sing, we may play some rugby, or we may just pretend we know how to play rugby...

Hats off to Portugal, you deserve to be in the World Cup, and I hope to see you playing the Six Nations or some other major Tournament within 4 years.. They have made the step now is the time for the money to be invested into the sport within the country...

WELL DONE!!! :)