TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
sheriffe_2441237.jpg

Former Bradford Bulls winger Rikki Sheriffe has agreed to cross codes to join Newcastle on a two-year deal.

Sheriffe, who has also played rugby league for Halifax, York City Knights and Huddersfield Giants, scored eight tries for the Bulls in Super League last season.

And Sheriffe admitted former dual-code international Henry Paul advised him to make the move to the Falcons.

"Newcastle Falcons are an ambitious club and I'm delighted to get the opportunity to move up here," Sheriffe told the club's official site.

"I'm now focused on getting myself fully fit and hopefully I can take my chance. I'm really looking forward to meeting up with the guys at Kingston Park.

"I spoke to Henry the other week and he said that Newcastle were a good club to go to. He said it would be a good move for me."

Falcons coach Alan Tait believes that Sheriffe can be a future star once he adapts to the switch in codes.

"Rikki is a proven finisher and he showed that at the highest level in rugby league," said Tait, who was an international in both codes.

"Of course it will take him a while to adjust to the game but he's a natural born try scorer and I'm confident he'll be a success at the club."

http://www.planet-rugby.co.uk/story/0,25883,3823_6737683,00.html

Latest posts