• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Newcastle to sign GB League player

V

Vambo

Newcastle 'to sign' league player

Newcastle Falcons will announce the signing of a Great Britain rugby league international on Friday, BBC Radio Newcastle understands.

The news follows comments on the Falcons official website from new assistant coach Alan Tait, himself a former dual-code player.

"I'll make no secret about the fact we are actively looking to recruit from rugby league," said Tait.

"We are being really specific about the type of player we want at the moment."

Falcons have already signed Adam Balding, Spencer Davey and Tane Tu'ipulotu this summer following the departures of Toby Flood, Mathew Tait and Ben Woods, plus the retirement of Matthew Burke.

Since rugby union turned professional in 1995, numerous players have been signed from league.

Jason Robinson is the most successful example. The winger joined Sale from Wigan and went on to win the World Cup with England in 2003.

Other high-profile moves to union include Henry Paul and Lesley Vainikolo joining Gloucester from Bradford Bulls and Andy Farrell moving to Saracans from Wigan.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wonder who it is?

Well that's it, it could be a multitude of people. It actually would be of no surprise to me if it was Scully actually.

Danny Williams from Leeds. HUGE signing.

erm, lol.
[/b]

Yeah... how will Leeds cope with the massive void he leaves behind :D

Good luck to the lad in his new career :)

I wasn't aware he was an international unless he was at junior level.

Fair play to Newcastle though, they've created a lot of hype over a very small time signing with some careful wording.

Hype is easy for Newcastle. Observe.

OMFG JONNY WILKINSON IS INJURED!!1!!1!ONE!1!

Now, pass that on to the tabloids. Newcastle related hype.

Still, I hope he's prepared to play ND1 rugby, that's where he'll be plying his trade after next season.

Is he a back? Surely he won't get anywhere near the best backline in the World?
What was their owner thinking when he said that...? <_<

Dave Thompson has an uncanny ability not to think. Hense genius schemes such as the astro pitch they want at Kingston park and playing his son every week at hooker.

Latest posts