• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

News and reviews

Thanks for the video! Appreciate it.

From that video I'm starting to have a lot of doubts again about the game... Some things look promising whereas others look downright dreadful. Btw, why wasn't the goal kicking zoomed in on the kicker with the camera from behind?

My first test on the game play . Sorry for the video quality and sound !!! Good viewing ; )

Here is a test for the game play between two teams of PRO D2, Carcassonne vs Aurillac. I play with Aurillac (red) at the easy level.
Sorry for the quality of my video is poor because I do not have the equipment to make HD videos from the PS3. I had to go through RCA and not the HDMI cable to capture video with an old box that allowed me to digitize VHS tapes ^^

Voici un test pour le game play entre deux équipes de PRO D2, Carcassonne vs Aurillac. Je joue avec Aurillac (rouge) au niveau facile.
Désolé car la qualité de ma vidéo est médiocre car je n'ai pas le matériel pour faire des vidéos HD de la PS3. J'ai du passer par des câbles RCA et non par l'HDMI pour capturer la vidéo avec un vieux boitier qui me permettait de numériser des cassettes VHS ^^

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bls4tfZRjrg[/video]
can u please record a match between ulster and leinster with the english commentators? really want to hear those commentators.

I thought it looked alright overall, but some stuff needs improvement in the next patch/game:

passing looks a bit floaty
players sometimes seem to catch the ball while looking and facing in another direction
sometimes a tackle glitched and the players were doing the tackling motions a few metres away from each other in mid air

I thought it looked alright overall, but some stuff needs improvement in the next patch/game:

passing looks a bit floaty
players sometimes seem to catch the ball while looking and facing in another direction
sometimes a tackle glitched and the players were doing the tackling motions a few metres away from each other in mid air

I just hope theyre using this to fund another, probably world cup inspired, game.

I don't have rugby challenge 2 yet, would you recommend I get this or that?

This looks the worst.

Not just the worst rugby game. Not just the worst game.

The worst.

I just hope theyre using this to fund another, probably world cup inspired, game.

I hope that as well, don't mind putting up with some poor aspects if it's part of a long term big improvement for rugby games.

As for which game to get, if you're looking for gameplay, rugby challenge isn't the best - props making 40m passes can get annoying after a while and ridiculous runs can too once you get to the harder difficulties, but it's great for licensing - obviously got NZ, AUS, all those northern hemisphere clubs, etc. and the customisation means it's really easy to change the unlicensed teams. Got career mode, online, create a player/tournament, etc.

Wr Rugby 15, I can't tell you much until I've got it, but after it's out or by watching gameplay etc of both games you could probably tell a lot about the 2 games.

If you wait a little longer. I will purchase steam version and let you know 100% from my perspective. If you need an answer urgently. Then hands down RC2. If you can get pc version , its the best for mods. PC mod Bric's mod or French mod. PS3 mod Cobus. I think some of these mods change the stats so forwards are in general slower and not as good handling skills. Then make sure you get the patch that has the rucking sliders. Ad the rucking sliders that I and others have modified to allow the offense to have the advantage in the ruck. Take about 2 weeks of truly learning to play the game(no button mashing)particularly in rucks, learn to use the lrg assortment of tactics, and you will have a very nice rugby ***le in your hands. With good animations, good cut scenes, good long replays, and animation for actually pilfering the pill.

Cheers and Salud

If you wait a little longer. I will purchase steam version and let you know 100% from my perspective. If you need an answer urgently. Then hands down RC2. If you can get pc version , its the best for mods. PC mod Bric's mod or French mod. PS3 mod Cobus. I think some of these mods change the stats so forwards are in general slower and not as good handling skills. Then make sure you get the patch that has the rucking sliders. Ad the rucking sliders that I and others have modified to allow the offense to have the advantage in the ruck. Take about 2 weeks of truly learning to play the game(no button mashing)particularly in rucks, learn to use the lrg assortment of tactics, and you will have a very nice rugby ***le in your hands. With good animations, good cut scenes, good long replays, and animation for actually pilfering the pill.

Cheers and Salud

I would be honest and say you already have formed quite a biased view of this game. @j-dawg I would wait until more game reviewers get hands on it. Take with a pinch of salt what some say here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just been watching Rugby 15 played on ps4 via Twitch. It is truly horrendous. I'm do disappointed by what I saw. The animations are awful, the breakdown is way too slow and it looks like a PS2 game. Disastrous.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 41
I would be honest and say you already have formed quite a biased view of this game. @j-dawg I would wait until more game reviewers get hands on it. Take with a pinch of salt what some say here.

Just like some have formed a biased opinion about me:). And have to knock on every opinion I have made on the game. Dude!!! its my opinion that is what these forums are for. Further more the forum member is asking for an opinion on both games, and that is what I am providing. Instead of putting others opinions down, why not post support why you like the game, or what you like about the game, as I have done with RC2. Everyone that knows me for many years from this forum and other rugby gaming forums knows I for the most part I am very optimistic about rugby games, and very supportive but this game in my opinion from the videos looks hideous, did you watch the videos, did you see the tackles in mid air that are tackling nothing , did you see the horrible hit detection (bugs).

I have just been watching Rugby 15 played on ps4 via Twitch. It is truly horrendous. I'm do disappointed by what I saw. The animations are awful, the breakdown is way too slow and it looks like a PS2 game. Disastrous.

Yea and the funny thing is, people have complained that RC2 rucks are slow and no quick balls. With the new sliders on RC2 the breakdown can not be any quicker. One to two player rucks all the time! And on hard difficulty.
From what i see from the videos, there are zero quick balls in Rugby 15.
Again my opinion is on the game not on others opinions of the game.

I should have the PC variant as soon as it is released tomorrow on Steam - hopefully early in the morning.

Doesn't seem to be hitting until about 10pm tomorrow :(

Yeah I'm not sure how that estimated time thing works - never really followed a game pre-arrival on Steam.

I hope it isn't too late, though going to a midnight release tomorrow night so it'll at least be able to keep me company later in the evening. Chances are it will finish downloading at about midnight ;) I'm off to Melbourne Friday morning so won't get to play it until Tuesday if that's the case.

If any of you have twitch then check out Rugby 15 on there. I've been watching it again today and it looks like it could actually be more fun to play than to watch. I hope this is the case because it looks awful.

Got my copy from France today. I'm in London. First couple of games I kinda enjoyed.(new experience) But I'm afraid I'll be selling it on ebay tonight. There are way to many issues with the game. Hate to say it but it's the worst rugby game ever made. Loads of bugs and very bad gameplay. This was a lazy attempted.

If any of you have twitch then check out Rugby 15 on there. I've been watching it again today and it looks like it could actually be more fun to play than to watch. I hope this is the case because it looks awful.
I'm afraid it's not. It's rubbish. Thought so the first game or two I payed. Just played a mate (2player) and got knocked down every single time. No time to pass and run into space. Plenty of bugs.

On the xbox one?

Just like some have formed a biased opinion about me:). And have to knock on every opinion I have made on the game. Dude!!! its my opinion that is what these forums are for. Further more the forum member is asking for an opinion on both games, and that is what I am providing. Instead of putting others opinions down, why not post support why you like the game, or what you like about the game, as I have done with RC2. Everyone that knows me for many years from this forum and other rugby gaming forums knows I for the most part I am very optimistic about rugby games, and very supportive but this game in my opinion from the videos looks hideous, did you watch the videos, did you see the tackles in mid air that are tackling nothing , did you see the horrible hit detection (bugs).

I shall carry on knocking because you literally repeat everything over and over. Wouldn't be a problem otherwise, because as you say it is a forum, but you are like a parrot. It is tiring and boring. I am sorry because I didn't realise you were such a big cheese around rugby gaming on the internet. You say you are optimistic but all you have done in this forum is knock it. I won't form a judgement until I have played it. I'm not always sold on any shots or releases until I have played the game for myself. So I can at least form a fair opinion.

Oh and as you know, as you have been here long enough ... STOP double posting please.

Last edited:
I shall carry on knocking because you literally repeat everything over and over. Wouldn't be a problem otherwise, because as you say it is a forum, but you are like a parrot. It is tiring and boring. I am sorry because I didn't realise you were such a big cheese around rugby gaming on the internet. You say you are optimistic but all you have done in this forum is knock it. I won't form a judgement until I have played it. I'm not always sold on any shots or releases until I have played the game for myself. So I can at least form a fair opinion.

Oh and as you know, as you have been here long enough ... STOP double posting please.

Go ahead and put it to vote to see if my post are as boring as you say , if I lose I will leave these forums. But realize were I live and were you live before you go around making personal attacks on people characters. Stick to opinions about the game and don't make personal insults , because I have not insulted anyone nor verbally attacked anyone.

Go ahead and put it to vote to see if my post are as boring as you say , if I lose I will leave these forums. But realize were I live and were you live before you go around making personal attacks on people characters. Stick to opinions about the game and don't make personal insults , because I have not insulted anyone nor verbally attacked anyone.

Well said. Just ignore him Lionmaull. Given what I have read (over the past 4 years in rugby forums), I would say you have a very good idea how to judge a rugby game. If I were a rugby developer you are one of the people I would take input from. You have always provided detailed analysis of your experience. Thanks mate!

Latest posts