NFL Thread

Bruce_ma gooshvili

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag

Scotland

Club or Nation

Georgia

Bit of an unlikely journey this. Glad he has ended up at a well run franchise with a history of defensive focus. Could make a name for himself if he avoids further injury.

munstermuffin

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Munster

Bruce_ma gooshvili

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag

Scotland

Club or Nation

Georgia

That would be former World Rugby CEO Brett Gosper speaking. I don't consider him a particularly convincing source given his past of talking about US expansion for the Pro14. Maybe if Germany is a success then less traditional NFL markets like Dublin could be explored.

I'm still not clear what the NFL's aim is in Europe. If it's to expand the NFL here then test a few target cities until you find four viable locations for franchises to make up a Conference. Anything short of that and the ambitions around European NFL academy players must be very modest, particularly as the European American football league seems very modest these days.

Bruce_ma gooshvili

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag

Scotland

Club or Nation

Georgia

I'm kind of in a state of shock with the Giants winning in week 1, with Dan Jones at QB (still getting clobbered) and away to a good team like the ***ans. Needed a shanked FG by the ***ans but US Giants fans always welcome those. ;)

Al Bangor

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag

United States

Club or Nation

Brave Lupus

I saw an interesting stat today, no team starting out 0-2 has gone on to make the playoffs since they were expanded to 14 teams. Thankfully my Packers beat the Bears tonight and are now 1-1. 🏈 Go Pack Go!

Bruce_ma gooshvili

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag

Scotland

Club or Nation

Georgia

No Pack No!

I still don't think Daniel Jones is the guy for the Giants but that was an outstanding showing. He got clobbered pretty much every snap and started the game injured. But he kept his composure to lead an improbable comeback and the defence fed off it. The sort of effort on a pretty ordinary team that shows sport can be special even if it isn't a cup final between the two best teams.

die_mole

First XV
TRF Legend
Club or Nation

Bristol

I’ve only watched a couple giants snaps but I’m legitimately scared for jones and tyrod. They have to escape the pocket as soon as the ball is snapped.