• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL

B

Boyo R C

I'm surprised there's been nothing about this sooner.
So who's keeping up to date with what's going on?
Anyone backing anyone in specific for the superbowl this year?
Some cracking games over the wildcard weekend:

- NY Jets took an impressive win over the Bengals
- The patriots were brilliantly humbled by a performance that wasn't exactly special from baltimore ravens
- The cowboys showing their awesome defence and putting aside the Eagles for the third time this season
- The cardinals took their game in OT against GB Packers. In a game where defence didn't matter and it was all down to offence, the final touchdown and game winning points came thanks to a brilliant piece of defence (one of the few that game) Final score in that was a huge 51-45.

So up this weekend in the AFC we've got the: -
Chargers vs Jets
Baltimore vs Indiana

And in the NFC: -
Arizona vs New Orleans
Dallas Minnesota

I personally can't wait to see the Cowboys vs Vikings game.
You've got the great defence against the great offence - can't wait to see what comes out of that one.
If Arizona just sort out their defence for the next game they could turn the New Orleans game on its head - the saints didn't exactly end strong at the finish line.

Hopefully the Cowboys can show why they are 'America's Team', they have the quality and the coach but as Colin Charvis says ... they lack composure at times. The Colts vs. Cardinals game will be a big one. Both defence are suspect but their offence are amazing!

Cardinals are playing the saints next.
Or are you predicting a Superbowl final with that?

I've just been reading up and people are already talking about the cardinal vs packers game being one of the best wildcard games ever.
It was pretty dramatic and a display of what two quarter backs who are truly running the game can do.
It was brilliant to watch: there was huge pressure on both quarterbacks Rodgers had it the most, but come the last quarter they both knew that their drives had to end in a touchdown, because the likelihood is, the other team was probably going to score a touchdown on their next drive.

Got much more into NFL last few years, seen 1 and a half superbowls. The Steelers Cards game and the one the previoud year which I only saw up ntil half time thanks to many a snakebite.

Put a 5er on the Vikings to win pre season (25-1 odds)

Everyone should have a team to follow. Personally I hope Atlanta falcons can make it.

The Cowboys have been my team for about 6 years now. Purely for the fact that one Max Boyce was signed to the Cowboys roster as a running back!

Why has this thread been "cleaned out" ? We're not allowed to make fun of America anymore?

Its a f*cking miracle that the jets are in the playoffs rex ryan was merely being realistic when he said we were screwed a few weeks ago. But they went on a run and at this point in time are the in form team of the NFL although the chargers are very good and i think this is where our run ends.Mark Sanchez is one of only 4 Rookie QB's in NFL history to have a playoff win under his belt in his debut season he is a franchise quarterback if all things being even.

GOOOOOOOO JETS!!! :D

The Jets got shown up a bit by Manning, who is simply superb at running an offence. Then the saints make the most of some costly Viking errors to grab an OT victory. i really half expected Favre to take it all the way. unfortunatly for him he got hit too many times, which probably resulted in the last interception.

I don't think the Saints D-line will be as good v the colts. without a couple of big-play turnovers or special teams plays i can't see the Saints opening their superbowl winners account.

Gonna be a good Super Bowl but for me Saints played a dirty game.

The amount of time Favre was hit after throwing the ball, handing off etc was and should have resulted in more flags being thrown. I mean the hit he took in the 3rd Quarter is the Carlson Palmer rule. And the ref's failed to see it. In all honesty the officiating in this years NFL has been poor and hopefully the Game Committee will sort it out.

I think the Saints played the game correctly.
They played it dirty, but they HAD TO rough up favre. They HAD TO make him feel like he needed to throw it quicker than he had to fearing that he was gonna get smashed.
Interesting to see how the colts try and stop the best offence in the league though, next sunday.

I've still got Brett Favres' wonder-throw earlier last year on loop.

Utterly genius.

As for roughing up Royalty/Favre, Saints were only doing to him what the Jets did to Tom Brady in a previous SB final. Rough him up and rush the bugger. The Jets defensive linemen were absolutely immense that day and it was also slightly ironic that the man that everyone panned for panicking in a crisis (Ely Manning) performed like a demon when the chips were down and the man who was apparently cool as cucumber (Tom Brady) fell apart.

I've still got the wonder-throw Eli Manning made in the superbowl '08 on replay!
How Eli didn't get sacked, made the pass and how Tyree caught it behind his head, i'll never know!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cE591GEdYIY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cE591GEdYIY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GJ#1 @ Jan 13 2010, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The Cowboys have been my team for about 6 years now. Purely for the fact that one Max Boyce was signed to the Cowboys roster as a running back![/b]

YAY!!! :bravo:

Good to see more Cowboys fan out there.

Been a big fan since the days of the Holy Trifecta (E.Smith, Irvin & Aickman).

Well SB this season will be a grand game.

Brees VS Manning.

Tough one to call, but I'm going for the Colts to come up aces.

Seahawks fan here.

So, you know, self-hatred and general dismay ever since Alexander the great was let go is the name of the name.

Hoping for a legit OT draft and then CJ Spiller if he falls to #14.

If Bradford goes early, I don't want us to go down that route. Take a Rb instead. C.J. is the logical choice.

I fancy the Saints to win it, I think the neutrals will be wanting them to win given their underdog status and what has happened in that city over the last few years.

21-17 Saints win

Latest posts