NH Side v SH Side

Discussion in 'International Test Matches' started by Jockstap, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Jockstap

Jockstap Guest

So I'm siting here in Queenstown bored and hung over and decided I'd stir up a shitstorm. In the past few years every time I'd think up these teams the SH would always look in a different league but after this year with the Lions Tour, French Tour and AI's to me at least I couldn't predict who'd win which from the NH's point of view is brill. I honestly think the Gap is closing.

NH
    15 Kearney
    14 Bowe
    13 O'Driscoll
    12 Roberts
    11 Clerc
    10 Wilkinson
    9 Dupuy
    8 Parisse
    7 Moody
    6 Ferris
    5 O'Connell
    4 Chabal(not to sure about this one, put Chabal in to Counteract Botha)
    3 Castrogiovanni
    2 Flannery
    1 Jenkins

16 Mas
    17 Barcella
    18 Shaw
    19 Dusatoir
    20 Phillips
    21 Trinc-Duc
    22 Medard

SH
    15 Muliaina
    14 Sivivatu
    13 Fourie
    12 Nonu
    11 Habana
    10 Carter
    9 Du Preez
    8 Spies
    7 McCaw
    6 Elsom
    5 Botha
    4 Matfield
    3 Smit
    2 Du Pleiss
    1 Robinson

16 Hore
    17 Woodcock
    18 Thorn
    19 Brussow
    20 Genia
    21 Giteau
    22 Steyn

So that's my opinion of the two teams, the only real SH dominance I can see would be second and back row but even then there's not a lot in it. Thoughts.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. C A Iversen

C A Iversen Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jockstrap @ Dec 15 2009, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Your only a couple hours up the road from me, you should come to Invercargill for a booze up!

As for your thread, it's a hell of a lot more diplomatic and sensible than the last one I saw that mentioned skills from opposing hemispheres. I almost wouldn't change a single player from either side. I bet theres someone I'm not thinking of though, lol.

4. Olyy

Olyy Guest

Not a bad NH team, one glaring error, imo, is Wilkinson. Switch him out for someone (not sure who, i'm tempted to jump on the SEXTON-IS-GOD bandwagon) and it's pretty much there

5. ChiefsFan

ChiefsFan Guest

I'd have Dusatoir at 6 for NH, maybe Giteau in for Nonu, Smith in for Fourie for the SH...

6. stormer2010

stormer2010 Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Dec 15 2009, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Your only a couple hours up the road from me, you should come to Invercargill for a booze up!

As for your thread, it's a hell of a lot more diplomatic and sensible than the last one I saw that mentioned skills from opposing hemispheres. I almost wouldn't change a single player from either side. I bet theres someone I'm not thinking of though, lol.
    [/b][/quote]

Have to agree, considering this fuels the NH vs SH debate. But I guess its shows that he gap probably has closed somewhat, particularly in an exercise of this sort wher it negates the 'fact' that the SH teams probably has better depth.

7. Olyy

Olyy Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stormer2010 @ Dec 15 2009, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I think Wilkinson is good, but not the best. He's a solid penalty/conversion kicker, and great in defense, but his kicking from hand was average at best in the AIs, and he's not great at controlling the game

8. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

Wilkinson, Dupuy, Moody, Chabal

No no no and no. Probably okay with the rest.

9. Jockstap

Jockstap Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Dec 15 2009, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I still think Wilkinson is the best OH in the NH but I'm inclined to listen to a few changes for the rest. Your replacements then?

10. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

You picking Wilko on his 2003 form cause he hasnt been the best this year. Jones (the Lions outhalf) or Sexton would have to go in ahead of him but I'd select Jones.

At 9 I'd play pretty much anyone aside from Dupuy. I dont want a dirty gouger representing anything other than an example of how NOT to behave. Philips is in a different class.

Instead of Moody I'd stick any of the French backrow, but probably Dusatoir.

Instead of Chabal I'd pick an international class second row forward. There are many of them, even two good ones playing for France.

11. MunsterMan

MunsterMan Guest

15. Kearney
    14. Bowe
    13. O'Driscoll
    12. Roberts
    11. Clerc
    10. Jones
    9. Cussiter

8. Parisse
    7. Dusautoir
    6. Ferris
    5. O'Connell
    4. Millo Chuski
    3. CastroGiovanni
    2. Servat
    1. Jenkins

SH team is spot on, I'd still pick the SH team to win, but the gap is definately closing.

12. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

World XV:

Kearney
    Bowe,
    B O'Driscoll,
    D'Arcy,
    Fitzgerald
    O'Gara
    O'Leary
    Heaslip
    D Wallace
    Ferris
    O'Connell
    O'Callaghan
    Hayes
    Flannery
    Horan

Amirite?

13. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

Nope.

Healy in for Horan, and Sexton in for O'Gara

14. Moonfire

Moonfire Guest

There's a lot of O's there...

15. MunsterMan

MunsterMan Guest

Paddy Wallace and D'arcy is still pretty 50/50 too.

16. Jer1cho

Jer1cho Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jockstrap @ Dec 15 2009, 06:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    That's better...

17. stormer2010

stormer2010 Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 15 2009, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Dec 15 2009, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Also get rid of that front row.

18. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stormer2010 @ Dec 15 2009, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Your just being Bias

19. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

Close Mite but I believe you'll it's:
    15 The Chiropractor101
    14 Gimley_uk
    13 Monkeypidgeon
    12 Munsterman
    11 Randwick Kingfisher
    10 An Tarbh
    9 Snoopy Snoopy Dog Dog
    8 Logorrhea
    7 Shtove
    6 Feicarsinn
    5 O'Rothlain
    4 My mate Steve (he's like 6"8)
    3 Lekso (hired forward grunt)
    2 Jockstrap
    1 Sean AF

20. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

I miss Gimley.

Who was he anyhoo?

21. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Dec 15 2009, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Well here's what you said of him:

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!