• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NH Side v SH Side

J

Jockstap

So I'm siting here in Queenstown bored and hung over and decided I'd stir up a shitstorm. In the past few years every time I'd think up these teams the SH would always look in a different league but after this year with the Lions Tour, French Tour and AI's to me at least I couldn't predict who'd win which from the NH's point of view is brill. I honestly think the Gap is closing.

NH
15 Kearney
14 Bowe
13 O'Driscoll
12 Roberts
11 Clerc
10 Wilkinson
9 Dupuy
8 Parisse
7 Moody
6 Ferris
5 O'Connell
4 Chabal(not to sure about this one, put Chabal in to Counteract Botha)
3 Castrogiovanni
2 Flannery
1 Jenkins

16 Mas
17 Barcella
18 Shaw
19 Dusatoir
20 Phillips
21 Trinc-Duc
22 Medard

SH
15 Muliaina
14 Sivivatu
13 Fourie
12 Nonu
11 Habana
10 Carter
9 Du Preez
8 Spies
7 McCaw
6 Elsom
5 Botha
4 Matfield
3 Smit
2 Du Pleiss
1 Robinson

16 Hore
17 Woodcock
18 Thorn
19 Brussow
20 Genia
21 Giteau
22 Steyn

So that's my opinion of the two teams, the only real SH dominance I can see would be second and back row but even then there's not a lot in it. Thoughts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jockstrap @ Dec 15 2009, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So I'm siting here in Queenstown bored and hung over and decided I'd stir up a shitstorm. In the past few years every time I'd think up these teams the SH would always look in a different league but after this year with the Lions Tour, French Tour and AI's to me at least I couldn't predict who'd win which from the NH's point of view is brill. I honestly think the Gap is closing.

NH
15 Kearney
14 Bowe
13 O'Driscoll
12 Roberts
11 Clerc
10 Wilkinson
9 Dupuy
8 Parisse
7 Moody
6 Ferris
5 O'Connell
4 Chabal(not to sure about this one, put Chabal in to Counteract Botha)
3 Castrogiovanni
2 Flannery
1 Jenkins

16 Mas
17 Barcella
18 Shaw
19 Dusatoir
20 Phillips
21 Trinc-Duc
22 Medard

SH
15 Muliaina
14 Sivivatu
13 Fourie
12 Nonu
11 Habana
10 Carter
9 Du Preez
8 Spies
7 McCaw
6 Elsom
5 Botha
4 Matfield
3 Smit
2 Du Pleiss
1 Robinson

16 Hore
17 Woodcock
18 Thorn
19 Brussow
20 Genia
21 Giteau
22 Steyn

So that's my opinion of the two teams, the only real SH dominance I can see would be second and back row but even then there's not a lot in it. Thoughts.[/b]

Your only a couple hours up the road from me, you should come to Invercargill for a booze up!

As for your thread, it's a hell of a lot more diplomatic and sensible than the last one I saw that mentioned skills from opposing hemispheres. I almost wouldn't change a single player from either side. I bet theres someone I'm not thinking of though, lol.

Not a bad NH team, one glaring error, imo, is Wilkinson. Switch him out for someone (not sure who, i'm tempted to jump on the SEXTON-IS-GOD bandwagon) and it's pretty much there

I'd have Dusatoir at 6 for NH, maybe Giteau in for Nonu, Smith in for Fourie for the SH...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Dec 15 2009, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jockstrap @ Dec 15 2009, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NH
15 Kearney
14 Bowe
13 O'Driscoll
12 Roberts
11 Clerc get confused between him and Heymans too often to judge
10 Wilkinson
9 Dupuy Can't argue here, best service in the North IMO
8 Parisse Harinorduquy or Heaslip could do but little to choose between these guys
7 Moody
6 Ferris Can't really think of anybody, maybe promote Dusautoir
5 O'Connell
4 Chabal Millo-Cluski provides grunt enough and more
3 Castrogiovanni
2 Flannery Rees or Servat rather IMO
1 Jenkins

16 Mas
17 Barcella
18 Shaw
19 Dusatoir
20 Phillips
21 Trinc-Duc Jonathan Sexton as the bolter
22 Medard Lee Byrne

Weird that other NH fans don't rate Johnny. In my mind still the best pivot up North. Was more impressed with Sexton than Trin so will put the bolter on the bench.

SH
15 Muliaina
14 Sivivatu
13 Fourie I Think Conrad is better, particularly alongside Nonu
12 Nonu
11 Habana
10 Carter
9 Du Preez
8 Spies
7 McCaw
6 Elsom I would actually consider having Elsom on the bench and include JFM Lobbe
5 Botha
4 Matfield
3 Smit I have to say I wouldn't have Smit at tighthead. A bolter, i know but personally would go with WP Nel.
2 Du Plesis
1 Robinson

16 Hore Mealamu, Smit, Moore, nothing to choose between the lot to be honest
17 Woodcock
18 Thorn Ali Williams if fit the only competition for matfield
19 Brussow
20 Genia
21 Giteau
22 Steyn Which one? I'd have Jacques Fourie here to cover center, wing and he used to be a great fullback

Would also consider JM Hernandez at the back

So that's my opinion of the two teams, the only real SH dominance I can see would be second and back row but even then there's not a lot in it. Thoughts.[/b]

Your only a couple hours up the road from me, you should come to Invercargill for a booze up!

As for your thread, it's a hell of a lot more diplomatic and sensible than the last one I saw that mentioned skills from opposing hemispheres. I almost wouldn't change a single player from either side. I bet theres someone I'm not thinking of though, lol.
[/b][/quote]

Have to agree, considering this fuels the NH vs SH debate. But I guess its shows that he gap probably has closed somewhat, particularly in an exercise of this sort wher it negates the 'fact' that the SH teams probably has better depth.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stormer2010 @ Dec 15 2009, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Weird that other NH fans don't rate Johnny. In my mind still the best pivot up North. Was more impressed with Sexton than Trin so will put the bolter on the bench.[/b]
I think Wilkinson is good, but not the best. He's a solid penalty/conversion kicker, and great in defense, but his kicking from hand was average at best in the AIs, and he's not great at controlling the game

Wilkinson, Dupuy, Moody, Chabal

No no no and no. Probably okay with the rest.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Dec 15 2009, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wilkinson, Dupuy, Moody, Chabal

No no no and no. Probably okay with the rest.[/b]

I still think Wilkinson is the best OH in the NH but I'm inclined to listen to a few changes for the rest. Your replacements then?

You picking Wilko on his 2003 form cause he hasnt been the best this year. Jones (the Lions outhalf) or Sexton would have to go in ahead of him but I'd select Jones.

At 9 I'd play pretty much anyone aside from Dupuy. I dont want a dirty gouger representing anything other than an example of how NOT to behave. Philips is in a different class.

Instead of Moody I'd stick any of the French backrow, but probably Dusatoir.

Instead of Chabal I'd pick an international class second row forward. There are many of them, even two good ones playing for France.

15. Kearney
14. Bowe
13. O'Driscoll
12. Roberts
11. Clerc
10. Jones
9. Cussiter

8. Parisse
7. Dusautoir
6. Ferris
5. O'Connell
4. Millo Chuski
3. CastroGiovanni
2. Servat
1. Jenkins

SH team is spot on, I'd still pick the SH team to win, but the gap is definately closing.

World XV:

Kearney
Bowe,
B O'Driscoll,
D'Arcy,
Fitzgerald
O'Gara
O'Leary
Heaslip
D Wallace
Ferris
O'Connell
O'Callaghan
Hayes
Flannery
Horan

Amirite?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jockstrap @ Dec 15 2009, 06:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
SH
15 Muliaina
14 Sivivatu
13 Fourie
12 Giteau
11 Habana
10 Carter

9 Du Preez

8 Spies
7 McCaw
6 Elsom
5 Matfield
4 Botha
3 Woodcock
2 Smit
1 Robinson

16 Hore
17 Beast
18 Thorn
19 Brussow
20 Genia
21 Jane
22 Steyn[/b]

That's better...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 15 2009, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
World XV:

Kearney
Bowe,
B O'Driscoll,
D'Arcy,
Fitzgerald
O'Gara
O'Leary
Heaslip
D Wallace
Ferris
O'Connell
O'Callaghan
Hayes
Flannery
Horan

Amirite?[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Dec 15 2009, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Nope.

Healy in for Horan, and Sexton in for O'Gara[/b]

Also get rid of that front row.

Close Mite but I believe you'll it's:
15 The Chiropractor101
14 Gimley_uk
13 Monkeypidgeon
12 Munsterman
11 Randwick Kingfisher
10 An Tarbh
9 Snoopy Snoopy Dog Dog
8 Logorrhea
7 Shtove
6 Feicarsinn
5 O'Rothlain
4 My mate Steve (he's like 6"8)
3 Lekso (hired forward grunt)
2 Jockstrap
1 Sean AF

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Dec 15 2009, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I miss Gimley.

Who was he anyhoo?[/b]

Well here's what you said of him:
Originally posted by Logorrhea@ a while back
This is just Mite playing around yeah? It has to be!

I refuse to believe any human being can be this annoying by accident.

Latest posts