• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Nike cleats

its a **** version of the mercurial vapor

if your going to go with nike go with the air legends..

<div class='quotemain'>
its a **** version of the mercurial vapor
[/b]

And in my opinion that doesn't exactly say much.
Not a fan of the vapours.
[/b][/quote]

the vapors are for if you want something light, quite durable, and stylish other than that they provide no real advantage, they are super light at 8 ounces, which is a tad heavier than the puma v 1.06 but they are much stronger than the pumas

really the only good boot nike makes is the air legend, which incorporates a pretty light weight 11.2 ounces with good style and a durable and soft kangaroo leather upper, those would be my best recomendation, and they are quite well priced at $130

Aye, go for the Air Legends. They are the most comfortable boots I've ever worn, and that's including the Adidas Predator Precisions I had a few years back.

sometimes i play on the wing. would the mercurial chrome (the pair that gavin henson wears, silver ones) or the Steam FG work for me?

it depends what you're looking for. Serious speed required would mean a pair of light cleats with good traction. The Adidas predators with the light soles are not bad for that if you're looking for an alternative to the Nike. But, if you're a winger who likes to get into rucks and is very physical, air legends are probably tougher than the Vapors, it generally seems to be much more popular at high levels too.

the nike steam FG looks exactly like the mercurial vapor 3 but cheaper... on a scaleof 1 to 10 how would you rate its durability kicking blah blah blah etc for a rugby player

the nike steam FG looks exactly like the mercurial vapor 3 but cheaper... on a scaleof 1 to 10 how would you rate its durability kicking blah blah blah etc for a rugby player
[/b]
To be quite honest with you, the Steam boots are crap. They're for chavvy little nancy boys who want to look cool wearing "flashy" boots without forcing their mothers to go back into the prositution business. If you want good quality, lightweight boots, go for the proper Vapors. If you just want to look like a little ****, go for the Steams.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
To be quite honest with you, the Steam boots are crap. They're for chavvy little nancy boys who want to look cool wearing "flashy" boots without forcing their mothers to go back into the prositution business. If you want good quality, lightweight boots, go for the proper Vapors. If you just want to look like a little ****, go for the Steams.
[/b][/quote]

:lol2tn: Great Call!

Overall i gotta say i would go with something with kangaroo leather over something with the synthetic surface ala Vapors, v 1.06, a lot of those super light boots. The surface will rip and tear with ease, not quite 100% sure on how the durability of the vaports are, but since they are not proper leather they may rip easy like the v 1.06. I would go with the new predators they made for rugby or for the air legends, once again i say the air legends are by far the best boot nike makes, for soccer or for rugby

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

:lol2tn: Great Call!

Overall i gotta say i would go with something with kangaroo leather over something with the synthetic surface ala Vapors, v 1.06, a lot of those super light boots. The surface will rip and tear with ease, not quite 100% sure on how the durability of the vaports are, but since they are not proper leather they may rip easy like the v 1.06. I would go with the new predators they made for rugby or for the air legends, once again i say the air legends are by far the best boot nike makes, for soccer or for rugby
[/b][/quote]
What? No plus rep? :p

Anyways, seeing as I own a pair of Vapors I feel I'm in a position to comment about their durability and I have to say they feel very solid. The outsole is very tough and unlikely to rip or anything. The only thing you've gotta look out for is the sole of the boot detaching from the upper, but I doubt that would happen unless you wear them for matches every day of the year.

Latest posts