• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Nike has left Rugby?

Scrum Bum

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Highlanders
I've noticed that most teams formerly sponsored by Nike are now Adidas sponsored. This isn't really a big deal but I was taught yonks ago in business classes that Nike would sponsor teams and turn it into a Nike vs Adidas thing. I.e. France beating ABs in 07.

Thoughts?

The floor is open

Yes. They has left rugby looooooong time ago. Nike sucks. They are football soccer supporters

Now they only support the UAR and Saracens

Its become a whole lot more competitive, so I imagine its just not worth their while. With the NFL, they have the licence for all the kit provided - even the pitchside chinos will be Nike - and I'm pretty sure that this is the same for a fair wedge of their American market. The volume of replicas that can be shifted don't rival that of soccer and the likes of Burrda and BLK have carved out a nice little niche for themselves.

If they were interested, they'd go on an acquisition spree and buy up some of the minor players. There was some talk of them going after Canterbury, but I'm not so sure what happened to that.

Yes, and if anyone wants them, they can take them for themselves: I've seen things in a rugby shirt you wouldn't imagine.

On the other hand, they are allways vulgar and phony, and most of times the result is that one; some other times the thin line between horrible vulgarity let's say like Donatella Versace and the glorious vulgarity and camp of, let's say, Donatella Versace, is gone and the result is glorious.

Puma's animal print jersey, only for 200 euros the piece.

so, have Argentina signed with someone else for the future?

No, some of arg players are nike athletes, like Hernández and Legui.

Also hard to dispute with the succes of that 1965 jersey.

Latest posts