• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

No 8 of the 6N. Hairy Donkey?

Spies is clearly awesome, but massively overrated. Lobbe is class, Parrise like in the autumn dragging his team forward all on his own. Imanol is one of my favourite players, one of the most athletic, skillfull players around. Parrise is Parrise. I think I would have Imanol #1 and Lobbe #2 right now though.

Ok end of discussion best #8 in world is easy -> in a league of his own above all the rest
NickWilliams_Munster_injury.jpg

So noone can argue that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nick Williams .... My Hero :p

Haha. I was just stirring up sh*t, it's funny how Dale jumps on the SH's dicks are bigger then NH's dicks contest though.

Parisse is class player though perhaps over rated. He's obviously Italy's best player though.
Harinordoquy is a solid number eight who has a magic moment once and then, and therefore deserves 10x the praise he's really earnt.
Spies is nothing but a comodity. He's what you want in your pack when you're scoring tries however when push comes to shove, he becomes invisible.
So'oialo was very good. Hard worker and good ball carrier, though he seems to be passed it. Have to wait for 2010 season to see if he's found form again.
Ried is Ried. A Solid Number 8. Nothing really special, though had a very good game vs France.
Palu is a big guy...that's really all that's going for him.
Kankowski is number 8 that can run fast...average work rate. Again he's more of a comodity.
Nick Williams is by far the greatest number 8 the world has ever seen...well maybe not...(see Wycliff Palu).
Chabal is not a rugby player, he's a french marketing scheme.
Jamie Heaslip is nothing but a solid performer.
Nick Easter is a guy who shows a little bit of leadership so is now apparently Englands savior.
Fernandez is a guy with a great workrate and consistant talent. Not going to run 100m in 10 seconds, but he's consistantly good.
Koyamaibole is (see Wycliff Palu)

I must say I do love the logic that Parisse is worlds best number 8 cause he can drop kick...by that logic Matt Dunning is the worlds best prop.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Feb 21 2010, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Parisse > The Southern Hemisphere[/b]

Parisse can be considered from Southern Hemisphere, he was born and has learnt his Rugby in Argentina where he grew up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DonBilly @ Feb 22 2010, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Feb 21 2010, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Parisse can be considered from Southern Hemisphere, he was born and has learnt his Rugby in Argentina where he grew up.
[/b][/quote]

Good point. Another average SH rugby player walks into the Italian team, just like Craig Gower, Luke McLean...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Feb 22 2010, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DonBilly @ Feb 22 2010, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Feb 21 2010, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Good point. Another average SH rugby player walks into the Italian team, just like Craig Gower, Luke McLean...
[/b][/quote]

It's not the same he has always had Italian passport, his parents emigrated recently to Argentina. His father used to play prop in Aquila's team. His son play Rugby because his father had played Rugby in Italy. Eventually Sergio returned to Italy in his last teen years. His Rugby is from SH but he's Italian.

I like parisse and i think he is a very good player but i dont see why people think he so good he just stands out so much as he plays head and shoulders above the rest of the italian team.

harinorduquy is at the moment by far the best in the world with kankowski in 2nd and heaslip there abouts at 3rd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lucky_number_7 @ Feb 22 2010, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I like parisse and i think he is a very good player but i dont see why people think he so good he just stands out so much as he plays head and shoulders above the rest of the italian team.

harinorduquy is at the moment by far the best in the world with kankowski in 2nd and heaslip there abouts at 3rd[/b]
Can agree with that BUT that is only on short-term form.
Would you have said that in January that Harinorduquy was best 8 in world ... I wouldn't

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 22 2010, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lucky_number_7 @ Feb 22 2010, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

harinorduquy is at the moment by far the best in the world with kankowski in 2nd and heaslip there abouts at 3rd[/b]
Can agree with that BUT that is only on short-term form.
Would you have said that in January that Harinorduquy was best 8 in world ... I wouldn't
[/b][/quote]

dead right i wouldnt have either i would have said kankowski the guys insanely fast ...im a bit of a fan haha

but after seeing harinorduquys work rate and ability to lead the french pack i think at the moment he is the best

Just a off topic question for any Saffas.

Do you guys reckon Luke Watson is good enough to have been SA's first choice 8? Personal issues aside, he has been unbelievable (and i truly mean that - outstanding) for Bath this season?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Feb 22 2010, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just a off topic question for any Saffas.

Do you guys reckon Luke Watson is good enough to have been SA's first choice 8? Personal issues aside, he has been unbelievable (and i truly mean that - outstanding) for Bath this season?[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale)</div>
That's because he's been playing in a vastly inferior NH competition that never matched the superiority of the Super 14, and Bath would get manshamed even by the Lions.[/b]

Latest posts