• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

No league for Old Men - Pro 14 - R. 8

Leinster threw away at least 1 bonus point tonight.

It's a scratch Leinster team so can't read a huge amount into it. Individual performances and players pushing for more action in bigger games were key. As such, Jordan Larmour and Adam Byrne did themselves no harm. I don't think anyone else advanced their claims. Being charitable, Conor O'Brien had a real learning experience.

Well done Glasgow with so many reserves on display . Good coverage by Alba and commentators Hugh Dan and Fraser Brown . Great defence and despite 2 yellows Leinster seemed to lack ant real penetration . 8 wins from 8 and looking good .

Yeah. Bad.

I know BBC NI are an embarrassment, but I don't think they stoop to that (correct me if I'm wrong).

Alba could do worse than get Scott Hastings or similar in. No real need for Wright's diatribes.

Well done Glasgow with so many reserves on display . Good coverage by Alba and commentators Hugh Dan and Fraser Brown.

Was the TV broadcast different from the stream? Three on the stream, not sure who they were apart from Peter Wright. One *might* have been Tom English.

edit: and the stream was in English.

Yeah TV commentary was a bit one eyed as will always be the case with a regional broadcaster but I was wondering what you boys were on about with the commentary been shocking

If you're wondering what we're talking about, just check out the video(just audio) I posted above.
I won't pretend it's not an interesting change to have a commentator either unprepared or too stupid to censor himself, but it's also pretty harsh!

Yeah TV commentary was a bit one eyed as will always be the case with a regional broadcaster but I was wondering what you boys were on about with the commentary been shocking
Will get you tape of Munster game. JJ finally had a magical night

Will get you tape of Munster game. JJ finally had a magical night
Would be great boss. Had a look at some updates. Sounds like Copeland was active as well. Would love to see Arnold go injury free as well. He's had a rough ride, but I bet he comes good in a big way. On JJ I'd love to see him become the player he was supposed to be, but it will require a long run of games for him to get settled properly into the ten role. That said those kicking stats are golden.
How did Cloete run?

Cloete looked like a gem. Offers something very different and well the man is a pure freak in terms of athleticism. Copeland was very good but again we know he has that just it is too inconsistent. Sammy did well and took his try lovely.
On JJ his kicking stats were A1 and that was with 4 cons out in sidelines. But he ran backline very well too and Keats came on and 2 of them worked brilliantly too. Zebo was top drawer too

No harm - but even our lot can look good when given that extra yard of space.

Its maybe a decent first step of rebuilding confidence for JJ, but nothing more than that.

No harm - but even our lot can look good when given that extra yard of space.

Its maybe a decent first step of rebuilding confidence for JJ, but nothing more than that.
100% agree. But as was pointed out it was a great confidence builder and secondly it is another option. Personally I think the balance in the backrow that is brought by Cloete can't be underestimated

As predicted Deon Davids has started to get some improvement in the Kings. Two tries to nil up on Ulster currently. I expect the Kings to struggle in the last quarter though.

Kings butchered three very strong try chances that might have capped the victory. Playing like a team with no belief to get over the finish line.

Ulster then score a full length of the field wonder try. Game on.

F88k we're shite.

Darren Cave and Andrew Trimble slower than most front row forwards. :eek:

Cave in particular looking like he is running in treacle.

Lineout started bad, improving a bit. Scrum under pressure. Not clearing rucks well, not able to carry much in traffic without knock-ons.

About the only thing working is pivoting play off 9 and 10.

Kings butchered three very strong try chances that might have capped the victory. Playing like a team with no belief to get over the finish line.

Ulster then score a full length of the field wonder try. Game on.
Kings Fullback knocked two of the three scoring chances on the try line then got sent of for ten minutes. What will happen in the second half?
The wind behind the Kings seriously helped them in the first half but now Ulster will play with the wind from behind giving them a huge territorial advantage. If i was the king i would play my fullback and one wing a bit deeper to compensate.

I wish I'd stuck a wee bet on the Kings now! They're still long on PaddyPower so must have had an outrageous price before the match.

Did Ulster draw a decent attendance with their millions of South Africans they've had in their team?

I wish I'd stuck a wee bet on the Kings now! They're still long on PaddyPower so must have had an outrageous price before the match.

Did Ulster draw a decent attendance with their millions of South Africans they've had in their team?

Nope. Sadly looks like a few thousand only in a 10,000 seater but then a team with zero points probably doesn't have the biggest allure.

Level now. No way Ulster don't win it now. I could even see the Kings missing out on a LBP. Your money would have been burnt Alpha. You should have stuck money on your amazing Wallaby prediction.

Latest posts