• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NO MORE ASHLEY-COOPER @ FULLBACK PLEASE!

NeutralGuy.png

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

Whatever fits the team dynamics the best.

I have no problem with him at fullback if he is the best option coupled with the two wingers. He's pretty darn handy back at 15.

How about we start discussing "NO MORE ASHLEY-COOPER @ FULLBACK PLEASE!!!!1111" when you start the discussion off with why you want him out of there Haj, instead of just throwing us a lovely "discuss." :)

I don't see why people have a problem with him there, he seems to be doing a pretty decent job. He was good on Saturday anyway, in my opinion.
Who else would you play there?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (melon @ Nov 18 2008, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I have no problem with him at fullback if he is the best option coupled with the two wingers. He's pretty darn handy back at 15.

How about we start discussing "NO MORE ASHLEY-COOPER @ FULLBACK PLEASE!!!!1111" when you start the discussion off with why you want him out of there Haj, instead of just throwing us a lovely "discuss." :)[/b]

Discussing it with you seems like a waste of time.......youre either too infatuated by his metrosexual good looks or you watch him play with ur eyes closed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haj @ Nov 18 2008, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (melon @ Nov 18 2008, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How about we start discussing "NO MORE ASHLEY-COOPER @ FULLBACK PLEASE!!!!1111" when you start the discussion off with why you want him out of there Haj, instead of just throwing us a lovely "discuss." :)[/b]

Discussing it with you seems like a waste of time.......youre either too infatuated by his metrosexual good looks or you watch him play with ur eyes closed.
[/b][/quote]
Aaaaandd IIIIIIIIII-ey-IIIIIIIII will allllwayysssss LOOOOOVEEE YOUUUUUUU

Who would you prefer to have there? Drew Mitchell? I probably would too but whilst Tuqiri is injured unfortunately this isn't possible. With all the injuries upsetting the team, the resultant being lots of chopping and changing of players in different teams, its good to have a constant which in this case is AAC at #15.

Oooo Haj-ie...where are you?

Don't just neg rep me and then decide the discussion is over when it has hardly even started. You wanted one after all!

C'mon guys, sing along! You all know the words! "I hate you guys, doo doo de doo, you guys are assholes, doo doo de do"

(1+ rep for whoever finds that video from South Park on Youtube :D )

He can't kick, otherwise he'd be a good option for the 15 jersey. Every time I see the guy do a up-and-under I nearly cringe, as everyone has already said he's primarily a center, which means he's dangerous with the ball in hand, not forty feet in the bloody air. I don't know why they don't give Mitchell a go at FB and move AAC to the wing? he's played there before and held up well.

Anyway he's dangerous when he attacks the line, would be good to see him do it more often rather than just kick, i.e the Hynes try against the AB's in Sydney was engineered purely by him attacking and then putting it to the boot only when he had exhausted all opportunities. I know it's never a good option to attack from your own 22 against top-tier teams, but he needs to back himself a bit more.

Edit: you can see in my signature that he's got the "oh yeah can't wait until Morty passes so i can do the ol' Garry Owens" look on his face. I hope he realises that it's not working for him.

as Maccaweeny said, he can do a great stuff with the ball in his arms. he's young a can be a good fullback in the future !

i quite like Ashley- Cooper... but i prefer Drew Mitchell myself. He was one of the few shining lights against wales. Nice to see Tuqiri pushing for honours again as well.

what about that 18 year old utility back james o'connor for western force. or even cameron shepherd when he comes back from injury.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savundra92 @ Jan 2 2009, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
what about that 18 year old utility back james o'connor for western force[/b]
He played 15 against the Baa Baa's in December and did pretty well but he wasn't really tested. I figure him a bit too small for Fullback. However Cullen and Monty weren't exactly big mind you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Jan 2 2009, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savundra92 @ Jan 2 2009, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what about that 18 year old utility back james o'connor for western force[/b]
He played 15 against the Baa Baa's in December and did pretty well but he wasn't really tested. I figure him a bit too small for Fullback. However Cullen and Monty weren't exactly big mind you.
[/b][/quote]

yeh good point i think he isnt stacked enough but he is quite young and will stack up as he gets older. like lachlan turner, when he started professional rugby he was that big but he has been building up muscle and pace. turner is also an exciting prospect as a fullback though he does play wing aswell and has not performed well in his international rugby experience (yet). i would still rate shepherd ashley-cooper, and mitchell ahead of those two for now.

Latest posts