• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Nonu and O'Driscoll the best 12/13 combo of pro age? Who is better of the two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PacDuran

Academy Player
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
I'd never thought I would say this but Nonu is probably the better player than BOD!

He's ever green and ALWAYS makes metres in contact.

For me these 2 would be then best 12/13 combo of the professional age.

What a WC from Nonu huh? Wow, amazing. To me he was the best player of the Cup.

BOD is the better centre
Nonu - Smith is a better partnership than D'arcy - BOD.

Last edited:
Nonu is a lot better than BOD who played in an overrated system of rugby up North, hate to break it to you lads, but you're not that good. Nonu has been awesome for so long in a far superior harder pedigree of Rugby. Like it or not, that is the truth, stop overrating BOD.

Nonu > > > Jonathan Davies > BOD :D

Nonu is a lot better than BOD who played in an overrated system of rugby up North, hate to break it to you lads, but you're not that good. Nonu has been awesome for so long in a far superior harder pedigree of Rugby. Like it or not, that is the truth, stop overrating BOD.

For me BOD was most probably more consistent than Nonu over his entire career, but Nonu's peaks have been far greater than BOD's and Nonu's twilight of his AB career has been nothing short of stellar.

I just cant even comprehend how anybody can even suggest BOD might be better than Nonu. Its just nothing but totally ridiculous to me.

Nonu has been consistently playing against guys like Fourie, JDV, AAC, Giteau, Tavita, etc etc. O Driscoll as good as he was has been playing against rank amateurs in comparison.

lol. Nonu was playing with Dan Carter inside him and Conrad Smith outside him, a monster pack giving him front football and other players running incredible lines for him for most of his career.
BOD had ROG (don't get me started) inside him, a decent enough pack and some average enough backs outside him and he still created magic. BOD could only see blurred shapes and colours until 2009 due to his poor eyesight (couldn't even see the scoreboard) and still ran rings around some of the best in the world.
BOD and Nonu are obviously world class centres, but given what BOD had inside and outside him, he is clearly the better player. Him and Nonu would be an unreal partnership

Pretty sure best midfield would be..............................................

12) BOD, 13) BOD

Dear god imagine how good that would be!!!!!!!!!!!

I just cant even comprehend how anybody can even suggest BOD might be better than Nonu. Its just nothing but totally ridiculous to me.

Nonu has been consistently playing against guys like Fourie, JDV, AAC, Giteau, Tavita, etc etc. O Driscoll as good as he was has been playing against rank amateurs in comparison.

I have a real urge to break my neg cherry.

Pretty sure best midfield would be..............................................

12) BOD, 13) BOD

Dear god imagine how good that would be!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a real urge to break my neg cherry.

Its not worth it, wait until it's for someone special and it really means something. Doing it here may feel good now, but 5 or 10 years down the line? I don't think so.

Its not worth it, wait until it's for someone special and it really means something. Doing it here may feel good now, but 5 or 10 years down the line? I don't think so.

Wise words wish someone told me that when I lost my Cherry!!!!!!

Mind you at least KFC bin areas bring some kind of memories.

lol. Nonu was playing with Dan Carter inside him and Conrad Smith outside him, a monster pack giving him front football and other players running incredible lines for him for most of his career.
BOD had ROG (don't get me started) inside him, a decent enough pack and some average enough backs outside him and he still created magic. BOD could only see blurred shapes and colours until 2009 due to his poor eyesight (couldn't even see the scoreboard) and still ran rings around some of the best in the world.
BOD and Nonu are obviously world class centres, but given what BOD had inside and outside him, he is clearly the better player. Him and Nonu would be an unreal partnership

Still couldn't get them a semi-final... Sorry mate. But Nonu is 2x's RWC winner and the first one was with Donald at 1st 5.. Your argument is sh*t at best. Back to watching re-runs of Father Ted m8.

Haha you are the worst poster on this site. BOD is a legend an amazing player. NOnu is awesome too but BOD played in a side didn't have great players in every position.

Haha you are the worst poster on this site. BOD is a legend an amazing player. NOnu is awesome too but BOD played in a side didn't have great players in every position.

BOD has my vote as the most overrated player ever. Making a Semi-Final would've been a career high for him, or even getting close to the AB's... geez mate, those standards are looow.

Still couldn't get them a semi-final... Sorry mate. But Nonu is 2x's RWC winner and the first one was with Donald at 1st 5.. Your argument is sh*t at best. Back to watching re-runs of Father Ted m8.

Oh wow. Having Donald at 10 for 40 odd minutes of a final where Craig Joubert literally handed it to you and you guys played such negative, non-expansive rugby shows just how great Nonu is. Talk about a failure of an argument.
Father Ted is life.

- - - Updated - - -

BOD has my vote as the most overrated player ever. Making a Semi-Final would've been a career high for him, or even getting close to the AB's... geez mate, those standards are looow.

Lol most overrated player ever. Is that why Mealamu and Umaga went out to deliberately spear tackle and potential break his neck because he wasn't a threat at all??
You are so emotionally attached to NZ players that you've become a troll. BOD and Nonu are unbelievable players who should be celebrated.

Oh wow. Having Donald at 10 for 40 odd minutes of a final where Craig Joubert literally handed it to you and you guys played such negative, non-expansive rugby shows just how great Nonu is. Talk about a failure of an argument.
That must have been a dream you had once after eating too much cheese before bedtime becuase it bares no resemblance to reality. (You do know what "literally" means, right?)

Lol most overrated player ever. Is that why Mealamu and Umaga went out to deliberately spear tackle and potential break his neck because he wasn't a threat at all??
A decade dude. It's been a decade.

BOD and Nonu are unbelievable players who should be celebrated.
Yay - something we can agree on.

2 great players - they would certainly have to rank up there as a pairing!!

On a different note, it struck me today that Nehe Milner-Skudder is like a new and improved Shane Williams. Anyone else see the similarites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts