• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

North Island Vs South Island

I'm going with this... I'd more than happy to pay big bucks to watch it.
Lookinh at the sides... Nth vs Sth... look at the line ups!
I'd watch it every week for sure, for sure.

Good idea there Darkone. Very good.

And Ripper on this one, your Northern boys would get humped.
South is where it's at mate. Up top for thinking and even though Auckland's in the North... the brains are down in the south.

Yeah it would definantly bring the cash in so i can't see why they havent bothered doing this. Oh yeah the North would murk the South anyday.

I'm going with this... I'd more than happy to pay big bucks to watch it.
Lookinh at the sides... Nth vs Sth... look at the line ups!
I'd watch it every week for sure, for sure.

Good idea there Darkone. Very good.

And Ripper on this one, your Northern boys would get humped.
South is where it's at mate. Up top for thinking and even though Auckland's in the North... the brains are down in the south. [/b]

Laugh. Out. Loud. The Only Positions the South could claim to have an advantage would be Fly Half and Flanker, and Carter and McCaw are hardly light years ahead of Evans/McAlister and Holah.

The fact the South would have a back 3 of Ralph, Hamilton and Panadol says it all really. The Front Row would be a pack of has beens and never will beens since Oliver and Haymen are packing up and hitching their tents north. The Centre Situation would be a hell of a lot worse, McAlister and Toeava against who exactly? Maugers gone and Laulala is an Auckland Product.

Man it would be awesome if NZ rugby union would have their own state of origin. North vs South. It would benefit the all black selectors too beacuse they could treat it as a trial.

Im sure my squads are flawed so feel free to edit or add ur own squad

North
1. T Woodcock
2. K Mealamu
3. N Tialata
4. J Eaton
5. A Williams
6. J Collins
7. C Masoe
8. R So'oialo
9. P Weepu
10. Nacewa
11. J Rocokoko
12. L McAlistar
13. I Toeva
1.G Somervill
14. S Sivivatu
15. M Muliana

South
1. G Somerville
2. A Oliver
3. C Hayman
4. C Jack
5. R Filipo
6. J Blackie
7. R McGaw
8. M Tuiali
9. J Cowan
10. D Carter
11. S Hamilton
12. A Mauger
13. C Laulala
14. R Gear
15. L MacDonald

lol mostly crusaders in the south squad. Who here agree withs me that this would be awesome?
[/b]
Yeah it wood be awesome. i'd like to think keith robinison would be ahead of j eaton and steven donald would be first five.

i'd also like to see the super 14 winner play the heiniken cup winner every year. B)

i'd also like to see the super 14 winner play the heiniken cup winner every year. B)

[/b]

if this ever happened it would be prettey farical like the world club challenge has become in league. it would most likely be played out of season for at least one of the teams or without the big star internationals. it's a nice idea but in reality would never work that well.

north v south game could work if most of the stars played and seeing the likes of toeava mcAlister etc carve up in an extra game a year I would not complain about. South will be wanting it scrapped in a few years anyway due to getting smashed each year by the north :D

T. Woodcock
K. Mealamu
N. Tialata
K. Robinson
A. Williams
J. Collins
M. Holah / D. Braid
R. So'oialo
B. Leonard
N. Evans
S. Sivivatu
L. McAlister
I. Toeava
J. Rokocoko
M. Muliaina

D. Witcombe / T. Willis ?
J. Shwalger
J. Eaton / T. Flavell
S. Lauaki / M. Tuiali'i / C. Masoe
P. Weepu
S. Donald
M. Nonu

South Island have no depth. Especially with Otago's front row leaving, as well as Mauger. I guess they could put Brett or Bateman at #12.

If done by where the players were born then the south island could choose these players for their side:

Andrew Hore
Anton Oliver
Jason MacDonald
David Hall
Ti'i Paulo
Corey Flynn
Tom Willis
Clarke Dermody
Chris King
Ben May
Wyatt Crockett
Jamie Mackintosh
Chris Jack
Michael Paterson
Isaac Ross
Hoani MacDonald
James Ryan
Luke Andrews
Reuben Thorne
Kieren Read
Hayden Hopgood
Peter Nixon
Richie McCaw
Jonathan Poff
Liam Messam
Jake Parangatai
Byron Kelleher
Andy Ellis
Jamie Nutbrown
Toby Morland
Jimmy Cowan
Dan Carter
Stephen Brett
Blair Stewart
Charlie Hore
Aaron Bancroft
Tim Bateman
Jason Kawau
Aaron Mauger
Greg Zampach
Matt Saunders
Scott Hamilton
Caleb Ralph
Paul Williams
Glen Horton
Leon MacDonald

And the north island:

Keven Mealamu
Aled de Malmanche
Tone Kopelani
Tony Woodcock
Neemia Tialata
John Afoa
Keith Cameron
Carl Hayman
Chris Heard
Sam Biddles
Tony Penn
Nick White
Ben Castle
Simms Davison
Craig West
Nathan White
Greg Somerville
Campbell Johnstone
Tim Fairbrother
Ali Williams
Kristian Ormsby
Keith Robinson
Troy Flavell
Paul ***o
Anthony Boric
Toby Lynn
Kevin O'Neill
Kane Thompson
Filipo Levi
Ross Filipo
Bradley Mika
Bernie Upton
Jason Eaton
Hayden Triggs
Jono Gibbes
Serge Lilo
Onosai Tololima-Auva'a
Alando Soakai
Craig Newby
Tanerau Latimer
Daniel Braid
Angus MacDonald
Josh Blackie
Marty Holah
Johnny Leo'o
Steven Bates
Mose Tuiali'i
Nick Williams
Thomas Waldrom
Brendon Leonard
Piri Weepu
Kevin Senio
Chris Smylie
David Gibson
Alby Mathewson
Nick Evans
Murray Williams
Steven Donald
David Holwell
Tamati Ellison
Jimmy Gopperth
Tasesa Lavea
Luke McAlister
Callum Bruce
Sam Tuitupou
Rua Tipoki
Ma'a Nonu
Richard Kahui
Tana Umaga
Ben Atiga
Conrad Smith
Rico Gear
Hosea Gear
Lelia Masaga
Rudi Wulf
Jared Payne
Shannon Paku
Anthony Tahana
Lome Fa'atau
Doug Howlett
Brent Ward
Cory Jane
Dwayne Sweeney
Craig Clare
George Pisi
Isa Nacewa

South

Clarke Dermody
Anton Oliver
Chris King
Chris Jack
James Ryan
Reuben Thorne
Richie McCaw
Liam Messam
Byron Kelleher
Dan Carter
Caleb Ralph
Aaron Mauger
Matt Saunders
Scott Hamilton
Leon MacDonald

Andrew Hore
Wyatt Crockett
Michael Paterson
Kieren Read
Jimmy Cowan
Stephen Brett
Glen Horton

North

Tony Woodcock
Keven Mealamu
Carl Hayman
Jason Eaton
Ali Williams
Troy Flavell
Marty Holah
Mose Tuiali'i
Piri Weepu
Nick Evans
Cory Jane
Luke McAlister
Tana Umaga
Rico Gear
Doug Howlett

Aled de Malmanche
Neemia Tialata
Keith Robinson
Daniel Braid
Brendon Leonard
Conrad Smith
Isa Nacewa

You have some funny names in there...Umaga- retired and is this including players born overseas?

It has everyone who played this years Super 14 from the NZ teams excluding players born overseas

Go allyoop!

Mate you deserve a medal for that list BUT mate you sure?

Where'd you get the list from...

I'm going for the deep dark south and have to question the following...
Liam Messam?
Byron Kelleher?

Andrew Hore?

Tom Willis?
Luke Andrews?
Jamie Nutbrown?

How about we keep it to the Super 14?
To confusing otherwise, although mate if you want to say what the background for the above players is, I'd be interested.

I'm surprised to learn of Andrew Hore born in Dunedin and even Mealamu and Fa'atau born in New Zealand. Yeah I'd say we keep it to the Super 14 teams.

How do the Aussies base their players on in League's State of Origin. Is it where they're born or raised? Anybody know?

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

if this ever happened it would be prettey farical like the world club challenge has become in league. it would most likely be played out of season for at least one of the teams or without the big star internationals. it's a nice idea but in reality would never work that well.[/b][/quote]

B) i know it wouldn't work but i'd like to see it just to prove to all the northern hemisphere critics how good the super 14 is can you see a northern club team competing with the crusaders at their best.

[

I'm surprised to learn of Andrew Hore born in Dunedin and even Mealamu and Fa'atau born in New Zealand. Yeah I'd say we keep it to the Super 14 teams.

How do the Aussies base their players on in League's State of Origin. Is it where they're born or raised? Anybody know?

[/b]
don't qoute me but i think its the state you were born in.

I think it's based in where your first senior club is. Not sure though. It's definitely not based on where you were born.

Caleb Ralph was born in the North. Liam Messam was born in Blenheim, but seeing as he recieved his education at Rotorua Boys High, I'm sure his first club would've been up in the North.

Oliver and Dermody are heading overseas, so I guess we won't be seeing them in the South line up.

I think we should include overseas players, like they do in State of Origin. Just pick them on where they first played club rugby in our country.

Go allyoop!

Mate you deserve a medal for that list BUT mate you sure?

Where'd you get the list from...

I'm going for the deep dark south and have to question the following...
Liam Messam?
Byron Kelleher?

Andrew Hore?

Tom Willis?
Luke Andrews?
Jamie Nutbrown?

How about we keep it to the Super 14?
To confusing otherwise, although mate if you want to say what the background for the above players is, I'd be interested.

[/b]

I got the list from the franchises and the all blacks website. I checked all the players profiles. It took forever. The only ones I'm not sure of are mainly no names. I could't find where Caleb Ralph was born so put him under South

Byron was born in Dunedin. Same with Tom Willis and Andrew Hore. Liam Messam in Blenheim. Jamie Nutbrown in Christchurch. Luke Andrews in Invercargill.

I don't really know much about the player's backgrounds as I just quickly looked up where each one was born. And they are picked from where they first played senior football in Satate of Origin

Latest posts