• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

North vs South

• Thread starter springbok world champs
  • Start date
Mastermind Sir Clive didn't have years and years together with a select squad of players whom he had chosen and modified along those years, furthermore he didn't have years and years of high octane test matches to mould his perfect team.

You could put Grahame Henry in as Lions Coach and he'd still have a mammoth task ahead of him.

The simple fact is that the hosts, be they SH or Argentina always have the advantage because they will always have the more settled and prepared side.

A better indicator of SH power is when a national touring side completes a full grand slam of the Home Nations for example.

Edit: while we're on the issue of the Lions, who thinks that they really should just nominate the Coach 2 years before a tour rather than at the last minute?

south > north

mainly cos the south has more rwc wins (sure the all blacks have only one, but this is north vs south, not all blacks vs th world), and cos they've dominated the irb rankings..

south > north

mainly cos the south has more rwc wins (sure the all blacks have only one, but this is north vs south, not all blacks vs th world), and cos they've dominated the irb rankings..
[/b]

:lol: invented by NH, dominated by SH

I have no problem recognizing that in average the Rugby played by SANZAR is better than the Home Nations, France and Italy i.e. the 6N.

However in this discussion North and South it's more than these nations only. There are after all more than 200 countries member of the UNO.

Nevertheless outside of the SANZAR vs. 6N (Argentina again falls out of the picture) context I don't see the real point of this South versus North? Why not West versus East or North West versus South East to make it funnier?

You could put Grahame Henry in as Lions Coach and he'd still have a mammoth task ahead of him.
[/b]

Grahame Henry did have a go, in 2001. He lost.

Apparently he tried to copy Ian 'the legend' McGeechan and the way he had run the tour, but got it completely wrong.

Also reported to have given an utterly awful speech and changed tactics at half time of the second test, which ultimately resulted in the Lions losing control of the match the seeing the series swing in Australia's favour.

Or mabye I'm thinking of a different Grahame Henry, because the one in charge of the AB's is perfect, right?

Yip SaintsFan_Webby's right. Graham Henry was in charge with the Lions in 2001. The whole of New Zealand was behind the Lions that year.

Where the hell do you get to watch a NH game in the SH?
Serious I have Foxtel but be f&*ked if I can find any, when I was in NZ couldn't find any there either.

Think it's pretty hard for the SH to comment on which hemisphere is on top, we just don't see that many games to judge (outside of internationals).

Where the hell do you get to watch a NH game in the SH?
Serious I have Foxtel but be f&*ked if I can find any, when I was in NZ couldn't find any there either.

Think it's pretty hard for the SH to comment on which hemisphere is on top, we just don't see that many games to judge (outside of internationals).
[/b]

ESPN mate, just check your guide, they usually have at least 2 games a week.

Just don't expect too much.

Last year they had quite alot of NH rugby on Fox Sports but it seems as though ESPN has all the rights this year.

I think they just show the HEC, well, thats all i watch anyway.

There's only the final left to play in the HEC and thats on the 20th of this month.... make sure you watch it.

Do you not have the Rugby channel? They showed a few games, and yeah, they showed the odd match on ESPN

Munster are classic bottler's in one off big matches. Look how many times they have reached the knockout stages of the HEC and then compare in to how many times they have won. [/b]

Couldnt be arsed reading the whole thread but is it too late to object to this post? Is it not a complete contradiction?

<div class='quotemain'>
Munster are classic bottler's in one off big matches. Look how many times they have reached the knockout stages of the HEC and then compare in to how many times they have won. [/b]

Couldnt be arsed reading the whole thread but is it too late to object to this post? Is it not a complete contradiction?
[/b][/quote]

In what way is it contradictory?

They almost always get through the group stage before proceeding to choke once the media have talked up in a knockout match. Obviously they managed it against Biarritz, but look at the number of other occasions where they have had a realistic chance of going all the way and have failed.

Do you not have the Rugby channel? They showed a few games, and yeah, they showed the odd match on ESPN
[/b]

It is always possible to download NH games from the net. That's the way I can follow the NPC or the Currie Cup for example.

Isn't there a plethora of torrent sites out there in the SH who trawl every Cable and Satellite channel on air to get every possible rugby match for download?

EDIT: Actually, a new question, inspired by Allblackfreaks..er..rather less inspired "Northampton" topic.

Basically the (hypothetical) scenario is thus, relegation is introduced to the Super 14 with provinces and city franchises across the existing Tri Nations who are not in the Super 14 given the chance to take the place of one relegated team. Thus all the things that need to happen to ensure this happens (lower leagues for the said non-S14 provinces and other franchises, etc) are then put in place.

If your S14 franchise, lets say it was the Crusaders, was relegated (hypothetically speaking by the way) to the (fictitious) lower league and were replaced by say....Townsville for example, would you still attend games to support your franchise, or would you rather then prefer to spend your money supporting Canterbury in the provincial competitions?

<div class='quotemain'>
ESPN mate, just check your guide, they usually have at least 2 games a week.

Just don't expect too much.
[/b]

Arrogant f***.
[/b][/quote]

I can see where you chaps in the Home Nations get this "Arrogant English" thing from.

It is rather enjoyable being the underdog, what? :lol:

It is always possible to download NH games from the net. That's the way I can follow the NPC or the Currie Cup for example.
[/b]

:eek:

What? Where and how much?

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

:eek:

What? Where and how much?
[/b][/quote]

Believe me mate, if our puny internet connections could handle it I would try to get my hands on so many memorable games.

*sigh*

**** I hate Telkom :(

I wish for a net connection above 1Mb with more than a 3Gb cap which costs less than R1000, untill then I'll stick with my 10Gb 384k line I guess :mellow: <_<