• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Northampton ring in the changes

B

Bullitt

It's musical chairs aboard the ***anic as Peter Sloner takes control at Northampton, Paul Grayson stepping down to backs coach. Frank Ponassi and Paul Larkin have been given the chop (not a moment too soon). And finally, the club are in contact with "numerous" DoRs to come in, top of the rumoured shortlist being the return of Wayne Smith after the World Cup.

Thoughts, people?

Can't really complain too much. Glad they have kept Grayson around, because according to Will Greenwood he is a superb tactician. And I respect Will Greenwood. I just don't think he was ready to be head coach and we have paid the price for acting too late.

Sloane has definately had a positive effect on the forwards, so will hopefully continue to add a bit of steel. We do need a new DoR though.

Always had a soft spot for Larkin as I went to school with his son, but he doesn't seem to be up to job so had to go.

I don't even know what Ponassi does. Is he the guy that runs the water on?

so how fast do you think you'll be back up again - ala Harlequins? so you're keeping Reihana and Robinson - be interesting to see where and if Cohen and Lamont go - plus if Joe van Niekerk decides to come over to paly in D1 - i bet Ashton must be thrilled to be playing in the lower comp, having come from SL...

Cohen has announced he'll stay as has Spencer, so I'd imagine most of the backs will follow suit.

If anything, ND1 will give Ashton a good grounding to learn Union instead of being thrown in at the deep end, although the rumour mill says he'll be loaned to Sale for one season until we're back up.

Sorry for being late, but have just realised that Peter Sloane was named the head coach?

Jesus... your actually giving him control of the team?

We're after a new Director of Rugby to oversee all the coaches.

Warren Gatland appears to be the favourite at this early stage.

Latest posts