• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Northampton Saints - Leicester Tigers (14/04/2012, 14:15)

The reason why, when we beat them 17-12 a couple of seasons ago, I transformed (momentarily, obviously) into the biggest **** in the whole of south Wales.

From my experience with Welshmen, that must have taken some doing...

Northampton's record against Leicester over the past 3 or 4 seasons must be shocking.

...That's a bit nasty!!

Ah sure we're all cute whores on this side of the Irish sea, nothing meant by it. :)

Although I'd imagine that Edinburgh fans don't think too much of you.

Ah sure we're all cute whores on this side of the Irish ea, nothing meant by it. :D

Although I'd imagine that Edinburgh fans don't think too much of you.
I love Edinburgh! One of my favourite cities - and they've got a ***an-toppling rugby side to match! I'm behind those guys 100%!

(NB: Leinster restored some credibility to my name with that result last night)

Bloody hell, Ashton's got a try - is that a pig that just flew past my window?

Bloody hell, Ashton's got a try - is that a pig that just flew past my window?

There was a twister about 10 minutes from where I live this morning, as well as lightning and it's hailing as we speak. The end is nigh!

At the risk of sounding like a smug Leicester fan, I quite enjoyed the game. Northampton started well, built up a 6-0 lead, but then gifted Flood a try. The second came as a result of some very nifty work from Agulla. Flood had to do some work for his second and Agulla got the try his hard work today deserved, he is going to be a big loss next season.

From an England point of view it was good to see Ashton score, finally get that itch off his back. After we got the lead it never looked like anything other than a Tigers win, which I can't deny made pleasant viewing.

Exeter's win keeps the pressure fully on the Saints, and their game is now do or die

The downside of Ashton scoring is he's likely secured the England 14 shirt for the next 3.5years

Flood and Youngs both looking much better than they have in about a year or so. Amazing what a bit of confidence does to them.

Saints fans are just as bad, to be fair - a draw would've been the only good outcome (but then you'd get both sides moaning about how the ref cheated them out of a win :p )

Harsh very harsh :D. Glad I was working all day or this result would have wrecked my whole day. Missed the game it looks like we were pretty much out played going by the score.

Harsh very harsh :D. Glad I was working all day or this result would have wrecked my whole day. Missed the game it looks like we were pretty much out played going by the score.

I don't know if id say you were outplayed, but once we had got in front I didnt once feel nervous that the Saints were going to win...if that makes sense. I think its because you didnt really have any sustained periods of pressure, and your points came from breaks/flashes of good individual play.

With the exception of a few too many penalties being given away, which led to the yellow, we seemed to do the simple things well, at least well enough to starve the saints of the ball for any long peroids of time

There was a twister about 10 minutes from where I live this morning, as well as lightning and it's hailing as we speak. The end is nigh!

Whoah chill the beans..

Are you serious about the twister?

I could imagine a whole host of frivolities that could be done with that.

Whoah chill the beans..

Are you serious about the twister?

I could imagine a whole host of frivolities that could be done with that.

Fo' Shiz:

5768_Twister.jpg

Have to say that Leicester 10,12,13 combo looks like the best England bet for SA at the moment. Great to see Flood getting his confidence back!

What a fantastic game, Tigers looking stronger than they have for quite some time. Quins must be clenching their butt cheeks now!!! :eek:

What a fantastic game, Tigers looking stronger than they have for quite some time. Quins must be clenching their butt cheeks now!!! :eek:

You have a truly fantastic user name.

While I like Northampton, I must say I'd love to see Exeter make the play offs. They've been an absolute breath of fresh air to the Premiership.

Agreed, I was stewarding at the Tigers v Chiefs game for the past two seasons and Exeter's performance this year versus last really put the wind up us.
Besides, I want us to finish top 2 as I get another home game to watch at the Tiger's expense! :D
I'd love for Tigers to take Mallinder away from Saints when Cockers decides to move on as I think he could take us to new heights!
However, I don't think it's ever likely to happen, I think he's burnt too many bridges with his comments regarding Manu and Ben Youngs.

Latest posts