Bullitt

<div align='center'>
Northampton.png
VS
Worcester.png

Northampton Saints v Worcester Warriors

Sunday 6th, Franklins Gardens
</div>

Three of Northampton Saints' summer signings will make their first team debut in Sunday's Guinness Premiership Round 1 match against Worcester Warriors.

Phil Dowson, Shane Geraghty and Santiago Bonorino will all make their bow for their new team on home turf too, as the Saints welcome the Warriors in a re-match of last year's opening day clash.

The Saints have had a promising set of pre-season matches. But director of rugby Jim Mallinder today warned that these results are not necessarily an indicator of how the season will go.

"We had a positive pre-season, but that won't matter if we do not get a good result on Sunday afternoon," he said. "Worcester have a settled squad and will probably bring back in some influential players, such as Chris Latham and Rico Gear, who missed the end of last season. There are several other young talented players in the Warriors squad like Miles Benjamin and Alex Grove and if their pack gains some momentum they will cause us problems.

"However our players are ready. They have worked well over the past few weeks and there were several tough decisions to make for selection for this game. As ever we have focused fully on this game and are not looking ahead of ourselves. The most important thing is to get the Guinness Premiership off to a good start and we will be putting in every effort to achieve that on Sunday."

There are two more potential debutants on the bench - front rowers Regardt Dreyer and Alex Waller, both of whom won the 2009 'A' League with the Wanderers in May.

Tickets are still available for Saints v Worcester from the Saints Ticket Office. Prices start at just £15 for juniors and concessions and £24 for adults.

Order online 24 hours a day via the 'Tickets and Memberships' page of the Saints' website.

Supporters can also pop along to the Saints Ticket Office in person until 5pm this afternoon (Friday), between 9am and 12noon on Saturday and from 9am on Sunday.

Supporters are however advised not to leave their ticket purchasing until the last minute and to allow plenty of time to access the Franklin's Gardens stadium on Sunday.

NORTHAMPTON SAINTS TEAM TO PLAY WORCESTER WARRIORS
Guinness Premiership Round 1
Franklin's Gardens
Saturday, September 6th, 2009
Kick off 1:15pm
15 Ben Foden
14 Paul Diggin
13 Jon Clarke
12 Shane Geraghty
11 Bruce Reihana
10 Stephen Myler
9 Lee Dickson
1 Soane Tonga'uiha
2 Dylan Hartley (capt)
3 Santiago Bonorino
4 Courtney Lawes
5 Juandre Kruger
6 Phil Dowson
7 Neil Best
8 Roger Wilson

Replacements
16 Regardt Dreyer
17 Brett Sharman
18 Alex Waller
19 Ignacio Fernandez Lobbe
20 Scott Gray
21 Alan Dickens
22 James Downey
23 Chris Ashton

http://www.northamptonsaints.co.uk/3831_5949.php

Back row ace Kai Horstmann returns to the starting line-up for Worcester Warriors as the club opens its Guinness Premiership season with a trip to Northampton Saints on Sunday (kick-off 1.15pm).

Horstmann has been out of action since damaging ribs against Brive in the European Challenge Cup in April. But the 28-year-old has now been declared fully fit for the big clash at Franklin's Gardens and will line up alongside skipper Pat Sanderson and Tom Wood in the back row.

Director of Rugby Mike Ruddock names new French signing Olivier Sourgens in the front row alongside Matt Mullan and Aleki Lutui.

Highly rated centre Greg King will join Scotland A international Alex Grove in the centre, with Sam Tuitupou and Dale Rasmussen both ruled out injured.

Fly half Willie Walker, who completed his move from Gloucester in the summer, links up with scrum half Ryan Powell and speedster duo Miles Benjamin and Marcel Garvey are named on the wing.

"The new season has come around very quickly and we are really looking forward to it," said Ruddock. "It's a tough trip for us first day and a big challenge, but one we intend to face head on. We will go with the right attitude; we didn't play well on the first day last season and know we must perform this time."

Tickets are still available for Saints v Worcester from the Saints Ticket Office. Prices start at just £15 for juniors and concessions and £24 for adults.

Order online 24 hours a day via the ‘Tickets and Memberships’ page of the Saints’ website.

Supporters can also pop along to the Saints Ticket Office in person until 5pm this afternoon (Friday), between 9am and 12noon on Saturday and from 9am on Sunday.

Supporters are however advised not to leave their ticket purchasing until the last minute and to allow plenty of time to access the Franklin’s Gardens stadium on Sunday.

WORCESTER WARRIORS TEAM TO PLAY NORTHAMPTON SAINTS
Guinness Premiership Round 1
Franklin's Gardens
Sunday, September 6th, 2009
Kick off 1:15pm
15 Chris Latham
14 Marcel Garvey
13 Alex Grove
12 Greg King
11 Miles Benjamin
10 Willie Walker
9 Ryan Powell
1 Matt Mullan
2 Aleki Lutui
3 Olivier Sourgens
4 Greg Rawlinson
5 Craig Gillies
6 Tom Wood
7 Pat Sanderson ©
8 Kai Horstmann

Replacements
16 Adam Black
17 Chris Fortey
18 Tevita Taumoepeau
19 Graham Kitchener
20 James Collins
21 Jonny Arr
22 George Crook
23 Rico Gear

http://www.northamptonsaints.co.uk/3831_5950.php

Have to say, that's a bloody brilliant Northampton team. Can only see this going onw way.

Dylan Hartley I presume is the youngest Captain in the GP now?

Is Jon Clarke any good?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Sep 4 2009, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Is Jon Clarke any good?[/b]

He was on for a dead cert in the England team a few years back until <strike>he</strike> Jamie Noon (being a clumsy arse) smashed his ankle. He's steadily been improving and has got his sidestep back, but his out and out pace is nowhere near what it was.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Sep 4 2009, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Sep 4 2009, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He was on for a dead cert in the England team a few years back until <strike>he</strike> Jamie Noon (being a clumsy arse) smashed his ankle. He's steadily been improving and has got his sidestep back, but his out and out pace is nowhere near what it was.
[/b][/quote]

Thought Jamie Noon was dropped from Johnson's Awesome Player Group ages ago.

What I don't get about England is thay hey have a bundle of good centres....Hipkiss, Flutey (though I'm still not gone on him), Tait (yeah he is good...back off!) Turner-Hall and you insist on playing Tindall?

And now you tell me there's this Clark fella too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Sep 4 2009, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Sep 4 2009, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Sep 4 2009, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

What I don't get about England is thay hey have a bundle of good centres....Hipkiss, Flutey (though I'm still not gone on him), Tait (yeah he is good...back off!) Turner-Hall and you insist on playing Tindall?

[/b][/quote]
Anthony Allen, Geraghty, Waldouck...... Jamie Noon, Olly Barkley. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Sep 4 2009, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

He was, then he was brought back, then dropped, then brought back... It's a never ending cycle! Typical of the England selectors though, pick the WC winners as 1st choice, 2nd choice of a Wasps/Bath/Newcastle/Leicester player then 3rd choice of anyone who's friends with the 57 nold farts.

Only when none of those criteria can be filled, does young talent get given the chance.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Sep 4 2009, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Sep 4 2009, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Anthony Allen, Geraghty, Waldouck...... Jamie Noon, Olly Barkley. ;)
[/b][/quote]

Olly Barkley? Olly fricken Barkley was one of them infinite 'the next next Jeremy Guscott's that come out of England that didn't work out and he didn't work out on a GRAND SCALE.

Nobody likes Olly Barkley.

Especially me and I don't know why.

Northampton seem to have built up an excellent squad over the past couple of seasons. They may be worth a cheeky bet for the ***le if they can stay injury free.

On paper this should be a simple 5 pointer for the Saints against a Worcester team who have always been the worst but one team in the league for the last few seasons being out-worsed by other sides like Leeds and some other team.

Think I'll be able to pick this up on the interweb. I haven't been able to see any GP matches so far on justin, but I really wanna see this one.

Northampton are my favourite English team despite the Hcup group they're in.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 4 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Northampton seem to have built up an excellent squad over the past couple of seasons. They may be worth a cheeky bet for the ***le if they can stay injury free.[/b]

I don't think they'll win it, but certainly in for a shout for top 4. Could be very tight this season between Leicester, Irish, Bath, Quins, Northampton and Wasps for the play-off places. Looking forward to an excellent season for Northampton and some serious competition for Mears at 2 for the England Jersey with Hartley.

I'm a curse. I don't think I've made a sngle right prediction yet.

Worcester score a nicely worked counter attack try

17-0 down at home before half time.

BBC Radio Northampton sound like they are about to fling themselves out of the commontary box.

Latest posts