Northampton
Aviva%20Premiership.png

Northampton.png
Versus%20Prem.png
Harlequins.png

Franklins Gardens
Sat Jan 1 2011
at 15:00 (local)

Northampton: 15 Ben Foden, 14 Chris Ashton, 13 Jon Clarke, 12 James Downey, 11 Paul Diggin, 10 Stephen Myler, 9 Lee Dickson, 8 Roger Wilson, 7 Tom Wood, 6 Phil Dowson, 5 Christian Day, 4 Courtney Lawes, 3 Brian Mujati, 2 Dylan Hartley (capt), 1 Soane Tonga'uiha.

Replacements: 16 Brett Sharman, 17 Regardt Dreyer, 18 Tom Mercey, 19 Mark Sorenson, 20 Calum Clark, 21 Ryan Powell, 22 Shane Geraghty, 23 Joe Ansbro.

Harlequins: 15 Mike Brown, 14 Tom Williams, 13 George Lowe, 12 Jordan Turner-Hall, 11 Ugo Monye, 10 Nick Evans, 9 Danny Care, 8 Nick Easter, 7 Chris Robshaw (capt), 6 Tom Guest, 5 George Robson, 4 Ollie Kohn, 3 James Johnston, 2 Matt Cairns, 1 Joe Marler.

Replacements: 16 Chris Brooker, 17 Mark Lambert, 18 John Andress, 19 Tomas Vallejos, 20 Will Skinner, 21 Karl Dickson, 22 Rory Clegg, 23 Tom Casson.

"Hey bru...i don't like your haircut"
"MARLER ANGRY, MARLER SMASH"
etc.

In summary:

Quins were poor. Saints had no finishing. Quins took their chances. Saints didn't. Quins deserved the win. Awful match for the neutral. One to forget unless you support Quins.

Oh, and Mike Brown is a cnut.

Agreed, Mike Brown is a cnut of the highest order, but fantastic effort from Quins to get themselves a first league away win in 18 months or something equally ridiculous. Winning at FG with 13 men is no mean feat, hopefully this will help propel them towards 4th come May.

I could say it was the worst game of rugby all year (ba-dum-tish!)

I can safely say, we want Nick Evans back. Please.

He's only just re-signed with Quins for another 3 years a couple of months ago.

+1 one saints match, +1 comment of "Hartley is a little ****" as the nay-sayers repeatedly egg each other on like school children with ADD.

Maybe if he didn't act like a petulant twat people wouldn't highlight every time he does act like a petulant twat.

Maybe if everyone was judged equally you'd notice 90% of rugby players - Particularly forwards - are just as much petulant ***** or worse then he is. Hartley however is named "Hartley", therefore because of one incident involving Haskell (5 years ago) he's always considered worse then anyone else. Which is a complete bullshit of double standards when you consider the likes of Mike Brown, Serge Betsen, Danny Grewcock, Jullian White, Borthwick, Lewis Moody & Delon Armitage routinely behave much worse then him and nothing is ever said.

Mite, if you look back at what I've posted since I joined TRF, I've called Mike Brown and Delon Armitage petulant ***** regularly because that's what they are. The fact of the matter is that Dylan Hartley has a ferocious temper on him which winds up everyone involved in the game. Unless he sorts it out that's what he will be remembered for rather than the top-class international hooker he could become, as he is without doubt an outstanding player. Don't feel the need to defend him unconditionally just because he plays for Northampton.

Mite, if you look back at what I've posted since I joined TRF, I've called Mike Brown and Delon Armitage petulant ***** regularly because that's what they are. The fact of the matter is that Dylan Hartley has a ferocious temper on him which winds up everyone involved in the game. Unless he sorts it out that's what he will be remembered for rather than the top-class international hooker he could become, as he is without doubt an outstanding player. Don't feel the need to defend him unconditionally just because he plays for Northampton.

I didn't.

Latest posts