<div align='center'>
Northampton.png
Vs
Munster.png

Franklins Gardens, Northampton - Saturday 10th October, 6pm

010180479584500.jpg

Ref: Christophe Berdos</div>

*Thread started early due to increased forum interest

Funnily enough I havent a clue whats going to happen here. I'll be honest in admitting I havent seen the Saints play AT ALL but while Munster were outclassed on Saturday I just cant see the Munster back being dominated that heavily two weeks in a row.

I subscribe to the Munster backlash. As Bernard Jackman said on Sunday morning, I wouldnt like to be a Saints player next weekend.

I think Jackman may want to concentrate his focus on London Irish, they've already beat him once this year.

My thinkings on Munster;

A crash-bang centre paring for them (although thank the lord that Mafi isn't fit to lace Tipokis boots) and of course there's the invariable intercept tries to worry about through JDV. But luckily Carlos is with Gloucester these days. Downey should be good enough for the onslaught, but Clarkey will need his A*-game.

Earls may be at 15 for them, a position he's much more dangerous in. that said, if Bruce has time while battling with Howlett, a big tackle on him should make him nervous.

O'Gara. Put him under pressure and he'll bottle it, so no worries there. Unless they use some brain power and play Warwick, which will cause problems (as they may even use the backline instead of hoofing it downfield all afternoon)! That said, O'Leary will demolish Dickson unless he both speeds up his passing and accuracy - both of which have been slipping of late.

Now for the packs - Horan > Bono, Hartley > Flannary, Tiny ??? No idea, Kruger > O'Callahan, O'Connell > Lawes, Best > Quinlan, Wallace > Grey, Dowson = Leamy. Pay your money, take your bets.

This rumour about unrest in the Munster camp; A bit of luck and that may work in our favour.

As for the backlash thing - Maybe they should be worried about a backlash form US!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 5 2009, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think Jackman may want to concentrate his focus on London Irish, they've already beat him once this year.[/b]
Pre-season! It was a convincing win (I was there) but it wasnt anything close to a competitive fixture. We started making tactical subs after about 25 mins. Off-topic I know, but just wanted to clear that up :)

O'Gara's form is a worry for Munster alright. But they can play different combinations if they need too. Warwick will come in, be it at 15 or 10. He'll either take the pressure of O'Gara, or relieve him of the Jersey completely. If he comes in at 15 then Earls will move into centre (13) or out on the wing. Earls cant kick well enough to be a true 15 in my opinion but he is not soft. He's no problem.

As for the forwards, as you say take your bets. With Flannery, O'Connell and Wallace coming in alongside Buckley at 3 they are adding a serious amount of grunt in there. Their scrum should be there for the taking (Buckley could prop himself up against a wall) but their lineout will be rock solid again. Both were non-existent against us. I'm not sure how their backrow will work out. It could be Wallace in for Ronin or Williams. I'd imaging they will give Williams another run. If so, your looking at an absolutely MASSIVE pack of forwards.

Munster always play better when they are angry but the thing is they were meant to be angry with us on Saturday night and they were bullied all night.

Ever think that we lost to Leinster (we were very bad) but also because both teams are of such a high standard and I confident both will win over weekend.
Hartley better than Flannery ... You must be crazy :huh:
Saints 2nd row > Munster 2nd row .... :rolleyes:
And i'll put all my money on Munster back-row bringing it this weekend.
Unrest in camp :lol: we'll see. We lost to Leinster - Yes ..... We'll take it we accept on night they were the best team in everything. Croker last year in all Munster games i've been to and I been to nearly everyone it was 1 of least passionate performances by team and even the fans. I don't know maybe we got caught up in hype and got cocky etc.Leinster were better team and the Taliban wouln't even have stopped Elsom in the form he was in <_<

But next week paulie and wallace back is huge difference even in leadership.

But also the GP bit overrated like been here before ..... Ye are all talk because sky builds ye up to the height ye almost sitting with the man above himself then bang ye come crashing back to earth like.

Northampton won H'Cup in 2000 what have ye done in it since. Wasps and Leicester are only exceptions but also on Jackman .... don't worry about him v L.Irish.... I don't want him for Ireland only because of line-out throwing but if it was based on heart and passion which is lacking in GP he up there with best.

Think ROG's form is poor but i for one am glad everyone is putting us down and backing against us because ROG has ability to show ye up and has medals to show it but also Munster as underdog is very dangerous.

And hope Neil Best is on good form because if Quinny plays it could be tussle of game and I very confident.

I didn't understand a word of that.

Except some Tosh about Flannary not being an over-rated, walking ASBO.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 5 2009, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I didn't understand a word of that.

Except some Tosh about Flannary not being an over-rated, walking ASBO.[/b]

Well GP overrated
Flannery a Lion selectee ruled out by injury > Hartley who has yet to prove anything

And I dont mind been an ASBO or whatever else as long as we get win :p

Oh ya i got problem of piling it all in too quick my bad :)

That doesn't count for much... O'Gara was selected to be a lion. We all know how well that turned out!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 5 2009, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That doesn't count for much... O'Gara was selected to be a lion. We all know how well that turned out![/b]

Fair enough but HE WAS SELECTED and every journalist/rugby pundit had him in their squad.
If ROG kicked a winning penalty instead of costing 2nd test he'd be hero!

Flannery was on numerous teams this year as best hooker in 6 nations, Was up there in team of year for world and has always been a dynamic and positive influence in team.

I get point about ROG but it same with Cipriani when they were saying he'd be better than Jonny W and he'd perform on greatest stage of them all etc... But he couldn't even start in Churchill Cup this year and only thing he performs on is KELLY BROOKE -> FACT

But think where ROG's performances have merited critism etc the same can't be said for Jerry.
I understand you not critisising his as such but come on Hartley may 1 day get to the standard Jerry at as he young but at moment he nowhere near.

Do worry though at lack of game time he's had. 1 game for Shannon (with whom Felix Jones played welll for this weekend) and appearance vs Leinster but known Jerry he'll be right.

If Axel Foley has his way Munster will go out and try and win 3-0. We need that bitterness back? Who do these overrated English c***s think they are? kind of attitude.

Laurie Fisher came in and improved the skills of our forwards tenfold, but it's no replacement for the "Physicality bordering on violence" as POC put it we used to play with.

McGahan needs to tell the IRFU to go f*** themselves and pick Warwick at 10.

Horan
Flannery
Buckley
O'Callaghan
O'Connell
Leamy
Wallace
Williams

Gigantic, savage pack. If they play as unit they will be unstoppable. Very worried about the scrum though.

O'Leary
Warwick

Bags of pace and agility, both have an excellent kicking game and both have the ability to produce the kind of gamebreaking moments that can win you a game.

Jean De Villiers
Keith Earls

Huge potential in the centres, if we can get JdV putting Earls through we will be laughing

11. Dowling
14. Howlett
15. Jones

Depends on what you want to go for, Personally I'd pick Dowling. 100% reliable, and will put his body on the line, has the kind off f*** You attitude we will need.

Fogarty
Brugnaut
Darragh Hurley
Ryan
Ronan
Morland
O'Gara
Mafi

I'd pick Fogarty because of the damage he can cause a tired team off the bench, excellent player between the white lines, shocking come line out time. Brugnaut and Hurley cover the front row, Brugnaut is a versatile French international and Hurley is the the promising injury prone prop who had several good showings in the HEC a few years back.
Ryan and Ronan cover all position 4-8, and are young and hungry guys who can come in and do some damage off the bench, alternatively you could have old heads Mick O'Driscoll and Alan Quinlan to come in and calm things down.
The rest doesn't need explaining, Morland is an injury replacement only, but has a lot to offer. Same with ROG really, hopefully he won't be needed. Mafi is an impact sub anywhere 11-14, capable of turning the game.

Bring it on!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Oct 5 2009, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If Axel Foley has his way Munster will go out and try and win 3-0. We need that bitterness back? Who do these overrated English c***s think they are? kind of attitude.

Laurie Fisher came in and improved the skills of our forwards tenfold, but it's no replacement for the "Physicality bordering on violence" as POC put it we used to play with.

McGahan needs to tell the IRFU to go f*** themselves and pick Warwick at 10.

Horan
Flannery
Buckley
O'Callaghan
O'Connell
Leamy
Wallace
Williams

Gigantic, savage pack. If they play as unit they will be unstoppable. Very worried about the scrum though.

O'Leary
Warwick

Bags of pace and agility, both have an excellent kicking game and both have the ability to produce the kind of gamebreaking moments that can win you a game.

Jean De Villiers
Keith Earls

Huge potential in the centres, if we can get JdV putting Earls through we will be laughing

11. Dowling
14. Howlett
15. Jones

Depends on what you want to go for, Personally I'd pick Dowling. 100% reliable, and will put his body on the line, has the kind off f*** You attitude we will need.

Fogarty
Brugnaut
Darragh Hurley
Ryan
Ronan
Morland
O'Gara
Mafi

I'd pick Fogarty because of the damage he can cause a tired team off the bench, excellent player between the white lines, shocking come line out time. Brugnaut and Hurley cover the front row, Brugnaut is a versatile French international and Hurley is the the promising injury prone prop who had several good showings in the HEC a few years back.
Ryan and Ronan cover all position 4-8, and are young and hungry guys who can come in and do some damage off the bench, alternatively you could have old heads Mick O'Driscoll and Alan Quinlan to come in and calm things down.
The rest doesn't need explaining, Morland is an injury replacement only, but has a lot to offer. Same with ROG really, hopefully he won't be needed. Mafi is an impact sub anywhere 11-14, capable of turning the game.

Bring it on![/b]
Exactly we need to quit playing skillfully andplay to win!
Like the team and agree Dowling is reliable and strong but would we miss Mafi's tackling only concern.
Warwick has to play at 15 and you said it correctly we gotta tell IRFU to F*Off and have it Munster > Ireland. ;)
Leinster are growing that killer instinct and we need it to and see what DEWI & STUART think then although STUART been a loyal Bath fan might want to worry about his own club who get confused when we talk about white lines :lol:

Really, Really looking forward to this match. I'm a big fan of the way the Saints play their rugby and it could well be a very tight game. Chance for Hartley, Geraghty, Dowson Foden and Clarke to put their names even further forward internationally and i genuinely think they can do that. Some of the contests should be very interesting. I fully expect Geraghty to get the better of O'Gara and Downey and Clarke will make it really hard for Munster in the midfield. Should see some great running rugby from the likes of Howlett and Foden and the front row battle should be massive. Hartley vs. Flannery will be very interesting - best <strike>english</strike>* hooker in England versus the best hooker in Ireland. Kruger (sp?), Lobbe and Lawes have worked excellently so far and will need to do a lot to cope with O'Connell and O'Callaghan - sadly i think Munster will come out trumps in the lineout.

Can't wait for what should be a great weekend of rugby.

Saints by 3!

* I keep having to do that <_<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 5 2009, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Oct 5 2009, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the best hooker in Ireland.[/b]

Rory Best is at Ulster! :p
[/b][/quote]
Rory best is not the best in Ireland even Ulster fans will agree but he is one of best captains and offers Ireland alot.

As for game I am interested to see Foden as I rate him but don't know about Geraghty ROG may be a choker but Geraghty has choked in previous H'Cup games for London Irish.

Think best battles will be:
Best vs Quinny
ROG vs Geraghty
Downey & Clarke vs Mafi & JDV
And now since in hyped up Jerry vs Hartley

Oh no lads just realized who is Reffing!!! :eek:

Could be long night for both teams :rolleyes:

Can't see Munster losing. I'd like them to though. It'd keep this pool interesting.

They'll probably win by five or so though because that's how they roll and stuff.

Quinlan will only last 2 minutes before lumping someone - maybe even one of his own team-mates - and taking an early shower.

well that'll 2 minutes more than Hartley who'll have taken a dig at him beforehand.

Latest posts