• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Northampton Saints vs Munster

When I watched a replay yesterday, I noticed that at one point when O'Gara shouted in the refs face "Are you f***ing blind, ref?" (which should be an instant binning IMO), O'Connell came over and shouted at the referee "He was talking to me, he said 'how much time left'?"

Fair play he stuck up for his team-mate, but the manor he did it was utterly appalling.

Yeah O'Connell is fast turning into one of those captains you'll enjoy having in your team but you'll hate to play.

Compare him to Borthwick, Blair, Jones etc. He's in the ref's ear all game.

As I said i dont really agree with it, but I'm glad he's on our side.

Now if only he could get back to playing half-decent rugby we'd all be alright.

Mite, from a quick look at COYS it's refreshing to see not all Northampton fans are as bitter towards Munster as you are, we have been called "The greatest supporters in the world" more than once :p

Ah, but the real fans (unlike on the internet) aren't 90% holier then though with a belief in this divine right to win every week! ;)

Teh go to nearly every game (in person, not on net :p ) and think while we expect we can win every game we know we have to earn it.
Fair play to Saint though my views of the GP have improved alot as London Irish demonstrated a great display friday also.

But regards O'Connell as captain, you watch BOD for Ireland and Jones for Wales they do the exact same and it's because they look out for team and also impose their influence on ref's conscience. Look at Hartley at 1 stage on Saturday, mentioned that at breakdown about it been both teams going down and very next penalty the sttscking team (Munster) were penalised. It was pointed out by Sky even.

That is what England lack is a leader, like Paul O'Connell may be annoying to ye at time but Martin Johnson was worst.
Stubborn, Ignorant and Cocky on the pitch and he was probably the best captain to ever play game.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 12 2009, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Oct 12 2009, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, John Hayes has offically appealed :)

The Bull may be back for Saturday.[/b]

And if he is, all hope for the sport is lost to corruption.
[/b][/quote]
No what I think will happen is :
- Original sentence will stand.
- Sentence reduced to maybe allow him play the Ulster game before Irish team go to camp.

Who bases their opinions on an entire team and their supporters based on so called supporters on the Internet?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 12 2009, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Oct 12 2009, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we have been called "The greatest supporters in the world" more than once :p[/b]
I've been to munsterfans.com. Calling yourselves that doesnt count!

;)
[/b][/quote]

It's from COYS ;)

And I won't sink as low as to bring up Leinsterfans, or 2postaday.com as it's also known as :p

Munsterman ... You right no point getting into a ***-for-tat argument but just to support his post I will look for link now where All Blacks players J.Cowen and, Joe Rokococo and coach Steve Hansen stated that it is the best atmosphere they've ever played in (referring to game in 2008) and that the Munster fans are some of the best in world and that even supporters back in New Zealand can follow in their steps and respect.

I wasn't for a minute saying Munster have the best fans in the world, I'm not a fan of the "Ah sure aren't we every one's favourite" stuff, but was just winding up Mite, A Saints fan said we should be sponsored by Carlsberg because we have "probably the greatest supporters in the world" :lol:

In fairness, it's normally you Munster boys first of all to remind us all how wonderful you are! :p ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 13 2009, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
In fairness, it's normally you Munster boys first of all to remind us all how wonderful you are! :p ;)[/b]
Ah we not the 1st :D we try though :p

But in all fairness we all great as we support rugby (a nice hard but respected sport) and not soccer where there mayhem in stands week-in week-out. Like it great way rugby has developed a respect between everyone and the bit of banter :)

Latest posts