• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Northampton v Sale

A

An Tarbh

Northampton.png
Sale.png

Northampton v Sale

Venue: Franklin's Gardens Date: Saturday, 14 March Kick-off: 1500

Northampton have revamped their front row ahead of the visit of Sale, with Barry Setwart, Brett Sharman and Soane Tonga'uiha all recalled for the match.

Joe Ansbro, Ignacio Fernandez and Roger Wilson also make the starting XV.

Rory Lamont returns to the Sale line-up at full-back for the first time since early December after recovering from his recent ankle ligament injury.

Elsewhere, Mathew Tait and Jason White are on international duty, while Dwayne Peel has a hamstring injury.

Northampton: Foden; Diggin, Ansbro, Downey, Reihana (capt); Everitt, Dickson; Tonga'uiha, Sharman, Stewart; I Fernandez, Kruger; Lawes, Best, Wilson.
Replacements: Gray, Smith, Rae, Hopley, Myler, Mayor, S Lamont.

Sale: R Lamont; Kuadey, Keil, Bell, Doherty; Hodgson, Leck; O'Donnell, Briggs, Roberts; Schofield, Cockbain; Jones, Fearns, JM Fernandez.
Replacements: Jones, Turner, Cox, Tait, Cliff, Thomas, Macleod.

BBC Sport

Nacho nacho man, I want to be, a nacho man!

Return to positive home form for us today I think/hope. I'm sure Juan won't want to upset either his older brother or the side he'll be signing for in the summer...

Meh, Sale are without too many crucial players, so I can't see them winning any thing 'til after the 6N to be honest... At least Murray's not there to throw the Sale scrum all over the field.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Schweinsteiger_Webby @ Mar 14 2009, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Nacho nacho man, I want to be, a nacho man!

Return to positive home form for us today I think/hope. I'm sure Juan won't want to upset either his older brother or the side he'll be signing for in the summer...[/b]

38-3, I think that sounds like an emphatic return to form.

Has to be gutting for everyone involved with Sale to watch Ben Foden put in a Man of the Match performance whilst cutting their (albeit depleted) defence to pieces. Typical the team puts in a performance like that the weekend before I go home to visit the family for Easter as well.

Foden as an outsider for a Lions spot?

Tehehehe. That Foden chap's not bad as a scrum-half playing out of position... St. Andre should have realised that!

That is all.

Well we were depleted going into the match, and we come out with about five more injuries.
Neat. :rolleyes: Result was pretty predictable in fairness. I hate Foden.

Just to be very bitter, I hope L'Équipe's report today saying Lobbé has signed for Toulon are true so that the Saints don't get him. :p

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C4fkg8eFJJo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C4fkg8eFJJo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

I'm getting in the swing of these atm, 4 in 4 weeks!

Latest posts