Northampton v Saracens

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Northampton.png
Saracens.png

Northampton v Saracens</div>

Venue: Franklins Gardens, Kickoff - 20:00, Live Sky Sports/Eurosport France

Northampton face Saracens in the semi-final of the European Challenge Cup knowing that if they can win the competition, they will secure qualification for next season's Heineken Cup.

The Saints dismissed Connacht in the quarter-final with a convincing 42-13 victory at Franklin's Gardens. Now seventh in the Guinness Premiership now plays ninth in an All-English clash next Friday night.

The 2000 European champions have not been at this stage of the Challenge Cup before after two quarter-final exits in 1997 and 2006. They boast Scottish prop Euan Murray who was named in the British Lions squad to tour South Africa next month.

Saracens include England captain Steve Borthwick, Andy Farrell and the prolific goal-kicker Glen Jackson. Eddie Jones' men beat Newcastle Falcons in the last eight to set up next weekend's tie. Sarries reached the semi-finals two seasons ago but lost out to Bath 31-30 at Vicarage Road.

The sides have played three matches against each other this season with Saracens winning two including one in the EDF Energy Cup group stages. The omens look good for Jim Mallinder's men as all three games have been won by the home side.

From - ERC Rugby

So far and Saints are the more polished and enterprising by a mile. Several in fact.

Mite, I'm gonna be blunt. Dylan Hartley has some serious bloody issues. If you can try and give him more theapy, send him on a 3 month holiday to swim with dolphins, make him braindead, I don't care but if he keeps kicking off even when he's got the upper hand in the scrum (where you're meant to be just standing there looking smug not instigating sh*t) then he hasn't got a career in International Rugby.

EDIT: aaaand a try...

Ugh, god Sarries really do wind me up sometimes with their decision making. Incredibly dopey stuff between the last try and half time.

Northampton 13 - Saracens 3.

Second half starts and I can just imagine what Mr Graham was saying to his team:

"We're ten points behind! Just kick more to Foden and we'll be home freeee!"

*facepalm*

Well hale-sodding-lujah we score!

Okay lads, thats our quota of points this half, time to hoof the ball back to Foden again...

Miami Vice 13 - Keystone Cops 6

EDIT: Totally false and hypocritical commentary by the way from Evans and co. Yeah, sure, tonight they're gonna spend 120 minutes wanking over Saints but I'd bet my house that tomorrow they'll be saying that Saints are as crap as any other saturday side.

Which they're not but thats what they say which shows how crap they are as pundits..

Case in point, Saints get a penalty inside their own half. Myler only kicks it about 5 meters further downfield for a line out.

"Oh, well, he won't want to kick it further than that" says Evans...eh?!?! :huh:

Saracens finally woken up but still a bit too late, a wee bit optimistic to say this is close.

Masters degree grads 13 - 6 Lazy bum Students

YES!

Going down but going down fighting! Great break and then quick passing for Penny to cross over the line...

...conversion ISSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDD!!!

HBK 13 - Undertaker 13.

Poop. Drop goal by Myler.

First actual bit of genuine praise from the Commentators too since Saints try..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ May 1 2009, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Case in point, Saints get a penalty inside their own half. Myler only kicks it about 5 meters further downfield for a line out.

"Oh, well, he won't want to kick it further than that" says Evans...eh?!?! :huh:[/b]

hence them commentating on this game instead of the 2 big games this weekend!

I must've been losing the plot then, I was sure it was Miles Harrison & Johnny Hammond when I watched the midnight replay. Then again, I was exceptionally drunk by midnight.

And a future note for Saracens fans: You have no souls and those horns make you sound like dicks. And on the off chance off chance the particular saracen 'supporting' lady who thought shouting "Go **** yourself" at the top of her voice while the ground was silent during a kick was a good idea - Kindly do us a favour and never return.

And for Saracens themselves;

1. Learn how to stay on your feet in a scrum
2. Play rugby instead of using South African tactics (I.E. Making a 99 call every 30 seconds)
3. Stop relying on Noah Cato to do it all. When a player has him firmly in his pocket (as Diggin did), he ain't no use to anyone.

Alas, now I say "Come on Worcester"... It'll be perfect to break the hearts of the other unsupported-"London-based" club... Plus I can't afford to go to France for the final afetr shelling out for next years ticket already.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ May 2 2009, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I must've been losing the plot then, I was sure it was Miles Harrison & Johnny Hammond when I watched the midnight replay. Then again, I was exceptionally drunk by midnight.[/b]

Nah it weren't, whoever it was though, they're probably already writing columns calling Saints (unfairly) a pile of crap right now. Maturbating praise one night a year only. Thats the only night you'll get!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
And a future note for Saracens fans: You have no souls and those horns make you sound like dicks. And on the off chance off chance the particular saracen 'supporting' lady who thought shouting "Go **** yourself" at the top of her voice while the ground was silent during a kick was a good idea - Kindly do us a favour and never return.[/b]

Oh get off your high horse. Because the slow hand clap and repeatedly chanting "when the saints go marching in" in a mistaken and utterly arrogant belief that chanting six words rather than three makes an actual song so doesn't make you sound like a bunch of knobs yourself, eh ;)

Obviously one person makes us all "dicks" and to that I say ******** mate. Utter utter ********. When I tour with Saracens, I never see anything other than good times, hearty handshakes between fans, lots of beer and stories swapped. Never seen trouble. Ever.

Its always you guys who have a problem with us because nobody else does. Maybe its because you objected to us taking over your car park. Awww diddums ;)

Its that kind of attitude that makes Northampton Saints the second most satisfying team to beat after Wasps for most fans in the GP! :lol:

EDIT: OH! OOOH! And what do we have here Mr Our fans are super-awesome and whiter than white!:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
"Absolute disgrace, what an idiot punching Richard Hill at the end of the game. Then 3 or 4 other Saints fans got involved. Gives us a bad name to be honest. Police called, wouldn't be surprised if we get a fine or something. Saw Hill, Goode, Farrell and thier CEO making formal complaints and statements to the police at the end of the game

Firsty congratulations must go to the Fez heads.
1. That march was incredible
2. Noise - all credit for the noise and horns, really did drown out Oh when the Saints.... "[/b]

Mate, your fans just attempted to punch GOD. Kindly put your own house in order before you slag off others..

I saw something going on in that corner, didn't see what though. Afetr reading that I'm somewhat ashamed. Disgusting.

And the horns didn't drown out anything.

EDIT: I just found the thread and post you're refering to on COYS. "Sainty" is cleary not a home fan - recently appeared on the message boards and often is very quick to point out how wonderful the opposition to Saints are - Namely Saracens and only otherwise posted on their board "Oh pwetty pweeeeeeese bwing your horns". In other words, a Saracens supporting wind up merchent fishing for idiots.

Looks like it was really a ****** up and abusive Sarries fan kicking off, hence getting a police dog present. Maybe the march and <strike>bribing support</strike> "Free Beer" wasn't such a smart idea... Typical Londoners - can't hold their beer.

Number 8 has been onto our forum and clarified things somewhat.

I think the point I'm making is that one or two people kicking off doesn't mean that Saints fans are "thugs" or that Saracens fans are "loud and potty mouthed" on both forums both fans have commented surprise and saying that the fans they met were generally awesome.

It should be our responsibility to tell the couple of idiots to "STFU" and if that fails, get a steward...just not when the Saracens Sensations are dancing as the Franklins Gardens <strike>killjoys</strike> Stewards kept ganging up on them and telling them to sit down which was a bit out of order..

I enjoyed their short skirts as much as the next man. However the fact remains they were running up and down the walkways when they were bought seated tickets to be smuggld in. They had no business being there - If they wanted to stand so much, they should have bought Terrace tickets.

Preferably block D. Surrounding me. All 8 of them! :)

And that doesn't change the fact that instruments are for fans who cannot generate an atmosphere on their own... ;)

For everybody elses benifit;

Originally posted by Number 8 nli
http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s99.htm?101,10458153

Morning,

Thought i would add my views on this as i became very worried last night that we are heading down the football route.

Firstly let me start off by saying how upset i was at the behaviour of certain Saracens players sat in the stand during the course of the game. Who refused to be quiet at kicks, started kicking chairs when things were going wrong for their team, and basically wound up just about everyone around them.

I was sat two rows behind where all the trouble kicked off. To begin with it was alot of fuss over nothing. Sarries fans and squad players in the area were a little tired and emotional and tense because of the game, as i think we all were.

The trouble began after the final whistle, when a SAINTS fan (of some age i hasten to add) decided it would be a good idea to make a few sarcastic comments abouts Sarries losing. A young lady Sarries fan (may be incorrect but beleive she was a Sarries wag) took offence to this and grabbed the hair of said Saints fan. Saints fans family then proceded to get involved. Lots of shouting and pushing up until Sarries squad palyers sitting near by decided to get involved and then it all got a bit silly really.

I think that emotions just got a little too out of control last night, and yes it was unfortunate that the Sarries squad players felt the need to start throwing punches, but i assure you it was not without provacation.

All in all this was alot of fuss over nothing, mostly that came about due to alcohol. And all of those involved should hang their heads in shame, and i am fairly sure that with sore heads they will feel very silly this morning.

That being said, well done to the stewards, who faced with probably new territory for them handled the whole thing quite well. And also well done to the Saints fans acting as peace keepers to assist the stewards.

Lets just hope we never see a repeat of this at the Gardens again.

Latest posts