Northampton vs Saracens

Prestwick

Airhornsman
TRF Legend
Country Flag
UK
Club or Nation
Saracens
Final score Northampton Saints 27 - Saracens 28.

SARACENS SACK NORTHAMPTON! :D

THERES GONNA BE SOME BLOODY CARJACKING IN THE STREETS OF NORTH LONDON TONIGHT!

Last edited by a moderator:
Saints missed out due a missed conversion, much like the other day at Bath

Did the penalty try come from a scrum? If so, bit of a kick in the ***s for the Sarries staff :p

Penalty try actually came from a moment of madness from Mouritz Botha who decided to pull down I think Chris Ashton five meters from the line....and who was at least five meters from the ball.

i.e. he pulled the man down off the ball almost at the try line preventing a possible try and thus triggered a sin binning and a penalty try.

Silly really.

Oh well, we did score another candidate for try of the season this game and two very good others! We'll need a new derogatory song soon:

Are they the Sarries in disguise?
Are they the Sarries in disguise?
All they do is score lots of tries!

:D

Shane Geraghty really in massive decline since AI's. Saints should be looking for compensation off England.
I still fancy Saints to win GP though.

It's sad because he has moments of pure brilliance, backed up with mediocrity,
Hopefully he can get back on form soom

Pitty the Touch Judge was a complete knob and ran off ready for the conversion BEFORE Pennys "Try" was scored. The incompitent idiot may have noticed his leg was completely in touch otherwise.

Plus the worlds biggest prick was standing on D block wearing a Saracens shirt. Clearly he didn't either like Northampton nor want to be at FG - For that matter he didn't seam to know much about the sport at all. If he reads TRF - You're not welcome back and you're the sort of idiot who ruins it for the real Sarries fans who are actually a decent bunch.

Nay matter, Sarries got lucky yestersday (anyone who says otherwise is a communist). They won't at Welford road.

*eeeeyyyyyeeeeeroooooollllll*

I think its a fact that we played most of the rugby, scored the best tries and generally had a great game.

It had to happen sometime, when in a crunch game Saints always leave it until the last five minutes to make something happen. Yes very seats of the pants and yes they do have a jammy knack of getting that final score with seconds on the clock but it can't happen all the time.

Sarries deserved to win I felt. Absolutely cracking game so bring on Welford road! :D

I hope Sarries go to Welford road with an air of arrogance like the tosspot fat bloke on D-block - They were just enough to scrape an away win against Saints when underperforming (anyone who says otherwise is s racist South African *******), but if they think they'll be able to even pinch an LBP on the roundabout at the moment they're due a very rude awakening.

Lets face it, they'll go to Welford Road with the same level of arrogance that Saints do.

I think the fact that trying to blame it on Saints "under-performing" and completely trying to deny the fact that Saracens out ran, out scored and out tackled Saints and that Saracens made the scores when they counted and could have even gotten a BP off of Saints if Andy Saul's pass hadn't been forward smacks of sour grapes. I thought it was a fantastic game and Saints did give it everything it was just that Saracens simply wanted it more.

Sorry about the guy in Block D but we've had lots of Saints fans come onto the Saracens forums saying how nice we are and what a great game it was. We've even been wishing each other luck in the play off semis.

Will Saints usurp Irish as Saracens' BFFs? :eek:

I never said Saracens didn't deserve the win, on the day they were the better team. However let's not start pretending that was a Saints team anywhere near quality who beat Munster or Leicester earlier this season. They have not been at their best for a while now, and the last thing you should is complain about the fact. But as I said, beating that Saints team is one thing in those circumstances is one thing - Go do it against Tigers who are now on song in their back yard and then we'll talk. That's not making excuses, nor is it taking anything away; Just stating a fact.

As for Saints v Irish - A lot will depend who gives the bigger kick up the arse to his players between Mallender and Booth.

Hah, well whatever I'm looking forward to a great final weekend of Rugby! Honestly not sure if either Sarries or Tigers will send full strength teams though to be honest. Both have an eye on Semi Finals and I think Bath would be a handful for Tigers right now even at Welford Road.

I've said it time and time before; Write Tigers off at your peril.

Sarries should send a full strength side, we will be underdogs but a win in Leicester could give us a home tie in the semi if Saints slip up and a possible psychological boost if we get to the final with Tigers. We've had a great run of results recently, the momentum doesn't need to stop.

Bullit I agree with you that Saint aren't a shade of team I seen in H'Cup at FG.

Just seems that ye might be suffering like Munster did last year and large part of season on form and scoring tries for fun then hit a stumbling block and form declines.
Still think it between Saints and Tigers for GP though and well it all depends on Tigers as they can win if they want but usually are prone to odd gaffe at play-off time.

Latest posts