• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Northern Hemisphere Provincial/Club teams

J

-JJ-

I did this mainly for myself so I could see what teams would be in Rugby 2005, and what would be need to make the other tournaments complete.

The teams in italics aren't there, assuming that only the Heineken Cup teams are there.

Heineken Cup
Gloucester
Stade Francais
Cardiff Blues
Ulster
Munster
Castres
Neath- Sw'sea Ospreys
Harlequins
Newcastle
Perpignan
Newport- Gwent D'gons
Edinburgh
Leinster
Treviso
Bourgoin
Bath
Biarritz
Wasps
Leicester
Calvisano
Toulouse
Northampton
Llanelli Scarlets
Glasgow

Celtic League
Neath- Sw'sea Ospreys
Munster
Leinster
Newport- Gwent D'gons
Glasgow
Llanelli Scarlets
Ulster
Connacht
Edinburgh
Cardiff Blues
Borders

Just need Connacht and Borders and we could have the Celtic League, maybe EA realise this and will include it???

Zurich Premiership
Leicester
Wasps
Sale
Newcastle
Bath
Gloucester
London Irish
Saracens
Northampton
Leeds
Worcester
Harlequins

5 missing there

Welsh league has different teams, Scotland and Italy only have a couple of teams each.

French 16
Agen
Beziers

Biarritz
Bourgoin
Brive
Castres
Colomiers
Grenoble
Montauban
Montferrand
Montpellier
Narbonne
Pau

Perpignan
Stade Francais
Toulouse

Would need 10 more teams.

I would quite like to see the Zurich Premiership and the Celtic League included, only 7 more teams, isn't too much to ask?

Yeah, hopefully we do get a few more leagues this time - They haven't really stated that their isn't going to be - just that they have the heineken cup license...

Surely they would add some new teams over 2004

Originally posted by JJ-@Jan 15 2005, 11:40 AM
I would quite like to see the Zurich Premiership and the Celtic League included, only 7 more teams, isn't too much to ask?
I think it will be too much to ask.

Need to consider the amount of International teams as they might include a few more that didn't qualify for the RWC.

With only the inclusion of the Super 12, the game will be very Euro-centric with 24 Heiny teams as it is. Can't see them adding the NPC or Currie Cup.

But then again . . .

Rugby ain't football, so there is no need to worry about 350 plus clubs/teams in total. In comparison, maybe it wouldn't be too much to ask . . .

but they might mean, for "new" teams, that they are actually the different teams that were not included in the european selection in R2004, i.e Wasps taking the place of London "Exiles" (Irish) etc, etc, that actually makes them "new"

I done out a list last night of all the teams I could think of that should eventually be included in future iterations of the series ... we're looking at 135 teams in total... which is nothing compared to the amount of teams in the FIFA series...

40 National teams (from the IRB World Rankings)
4 Tour Sides (Lions, Maori, Baa Baa's, Islanders)

Northern Hemisphere
- 12 English, Zurich Prem
- 11 Scottish/Irish/Welsh, Celtic League
- 16 French, Top 16
- 10 Italian, Super 10
- 6 Spain & Portugal (from the Challenge Cup & European Shield)

Southern Hemisphere
- Super 12
- 10 NZ NPC
- 14 SA Currie Cup
(is there any Aus National Championship?)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Southern Hemisphere
- Super 12
- 10 NZ NPC
- 14 SA Currie Cup[/b]

in the future there will be super 14 and i think npc will have 12 teams in the premier division......just to let u knw.

And if they try to carve up the Northern Hemisphere market, hell, if it's still being made in Canada, they could always add:

16 USA Super League

14 Canadian Super League

Originally posted by nik@Jan 15 2005, 12:25 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Southern Hemisphere
- Super 12
- 10 NZ NPC
- 14 SA Currie Cup

in the future there will be super 14 and i think npc will have 12 teams in the premier division......just to let u knw. [/b][/quote]
is the NPC being extended as well as the Super 12's?

I knew the Super 12's were getting extended with a Perth team and a SA team...

how will the NPC being be developed ... the just going to promote 2 teams or is there a more convoluted/laborious process planned?

Originally posted by raziel_eire+Jan 15 2005, 01:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (raziel_eire @ Jan 15 2005, 01:46 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-nik
@Jan 15 2005, 12:25 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Southern Hemisphere
- Super 12
- 10 NZ NPC
- 14 SA Currie Cup

in the future there will be super 14 and i think npc will have 12 teams in the premier division......just to let u knw. [/b]
is the NPC being extended as well as the Super 12's?

I knew the Super 12's were getting extended with a Perth team and a SA team...

how will the NPC being be developed ... the just going to promote 2 teams or is there a more convoluted/laborious process planned? [/b][/quote]
NPC is 3 divisons until 2006

In 2006 it will be 2 divisions

1. Premier division (professional) 12 teams
2. (forgot what itscalled) (unprofessional) consisting of about 14 teams

so will it be possible for the lower division teams to gain promotion to the Premier division? or are they gonna keep the professional and unprofessional teams separated for good ?

... and whos gonna be the 2 teams added? - will it simply be a case of the 2 highest placed teams at the end of the season from the current division 2?

... any further developments on who or where the extra SA team is gonna come from for the future Super 14 ???

I'm not saying we should get NPC or Currie Cup in Rugby 2005 yet, I'm just saying it might be easy just to add a few more teams and get more out of the Northern Hemisphere comps. The Celtic League is already virtually there, all they would need to do is add a couple of teams.

NPC would require a whole new tournament with only the Stadiums and Super 12 players being able to be used.

None of it would be too hard for EA, and the Celtic League and Zurich Premiership would be **** easy too add.

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Jan 15 2005, 02:06 PM
so will it be possible for the lower division teams to gain promotion to the Premier division? or are they gonna keep the professional and unprofessional teams separated for good ?

... and whos gonna be the 2 teams added? - will it simply be a case of the 2 highest placed teams at the end of the season from the current division 2?
I doubt they'll bother with promotion relegation any more, too bigger gap.

The Premier league has a whole set of criterior, so it might not be the top 2 teams of the current second division.

Chances are it will be Hawkes Bay, and a Nelson Bays/Marlborough combined team.

exactly ... how hard can it be to make some carbon copies of currently featured teams? and then adjust there stat-lines respectively to give us the 7 extra teams needed for the Celtic League and Zurich Prem...

even give them different names so they are not official and add a Name Editor feature, so we can change Ireland West to Connacht, Scottish Boundry to Borders, etc etc, similar to PES and their editing features.

I think it would help the sales increase if potential Northern gamers/rugby fans knew they could play with their club team in their correct domestic competition. Combined there are bound to loads of Sale, London Irish, Saracens, Leeds, Worcester(?), Connacht(hardly?) and Borders fans that would like to have chance to lead their team to glory...

I know I would

The easy thing about adding the NPC is that most of the players are already in the game!!! All they have to do is make the remaining players, kits etc

I doubt they'll bother with promotion relegation any more, too bigger gap.

The Premier league has a whole set of criterior, so it might not be the top 2 teams of the current second division.

Chances are it will be Hawkes Bay, and a Nelson Bays/Marlborough combined team. [/quote]
how has the whole thing gone down in NZ... what way do locals feel about teams perhaps being left behind in a lower division for the rest of time, and what about combining teams into one? - that must cause/will cause some annoyance with each respective team and their followings...

some of the Welsh teams have had a hard time with older established names being put to the side and new teams (franchises - I hate that word!) that do not have the same local identity being created for the Celtic league... a necessity or sign of the times perhaps, but try telling that to life-long fans
(... good-bye Celtic Warriors).

To be honest it's been rather quiet. I listen to Radiosport (the main sport station) quite often and there hasn't been too many problems.

I'm sure if one team truly showed they were above the rest in the second division they might be given the chance to make it into the Premier League. There would probably only be one team this might happen to in the forseeable future, Counties Manakau (assuming that Hawkes Bay and Nelsons Bays/Marlborough make it into the Premier League). They were in the First Division until quite recently, and with the amount of young Polynesian players in their area could rise again. I don't really know if there won't be a promotion relegation match any more, but the gap between first division and second division at the moment is already huge, and surely when the first division becomes professional and the 2nd division isn't, the gap will get bigger making pointless to have this promotion relegation match.

At the moment there is only one possibilty for two clubs joining, and they don't sound that upset about it, and they need to join to get above the population criteria.

So yeah. The change isn't as big as the one that happened in Wales.

The only problem with the NPC, ZP e.t.c is that fans would probably expect each team to have their own authentic stadiums in all their glory

Do these liscensed European teams have official kits? I was really looking forward to Rugby 2004 until I saw the awful kits they had stuck on the players.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Jan 16 2005, 10:46 PM
Do these liscensed European teams have official kits? I was really looking forward to Rugby 2004 until I saw the awful kits they had stuck on the players.
yeah i would say so

Latest posts