• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Northern Hemisphere teams play bingo in training...

cyRil

First XV
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Ospreys
This is the conclusion I have come to. Their time is so consumed by this game that they clearly have no time with which to develop a coherent gameplan, tactics and strategy to even look like they want to tickle the southern hemisphere's little toe.
The gulf in class, intensity and ability on the national stage is laughable. That's what the Kiwis, Saffas and Convicts are doing - laughing.

I went to the Millennium last weekend in anticipation of seeing an improved Welsh team from the infuriating model that was on display a couple of months ago in the 6 Nations. For the first 20 minutes I thought my luck was in. We looked controlled and clued-up and took a commanding 16-3 lead.
Now, if that was a SH side, the dominance would continue, the points would carry on being racked up and maybe even another try scored before half-time; with the opposition denied any scoring of their own at all costs.
Fat chance.
Wales seemed to agree that we were too far ahead and would not start playing rugby again until we were atleast 14 points down and the game was already lost. Fair play to them. From the moment we took that 13 point lead we didn't look like we wanted to play rugby. Our forwards looked as likely to hit a ruck as Michael Jackson is to playing Glastonbury this year. What's with that?? You watch NZ, SA... and their forwards are working together in packs, always 100% and making sure the ball is secure and providing quick ball.
You see us and a solitary prop standing still receives the ball, goes limply into contact whilst his teammates watch him do it, then when they notice he's getting ball ripped off him only then do they go to support; where a turnover or penalty has already been conceded. I CAN SEE THIS, WHAT ARE THE COACHES WATCHING??!!!!
Gatland has recently conceded that the flair of the Welsh play has diminished as concentration has been placed on physicality and toughening up. However, what I have been watching does not look like a team that has bulked up, there is no discernable improvement at the breakdown and the backline moves are clueless.
So what we now have is a pack that get outmuscled and backs that don't know how to break a line or finish a move. Amazing.

For 'England' see above.
Decent forwards, but me, Nelson Mandela and Margaret Beckett could have dismantled that Aussie front-row. The backs were a laughing stock, mainly because Toby Flood can't control ****! Who thought it would be a good idea to put this guy in an England shirt? What a doofus.

So, I'm narked!! Can someone please make sense of my unintelligible ramblings and allay my fears or confirm that the SH are 27 billion lightyears ahead of us poor northern ********?!

This is the conclusion I have come to. Their time is so consumed by this game that they clearly have no time with which to develop a coherent gameplan, tactics and strategy to even look like they want to tickle the southern hemisphere's little toe.
The gulf in class, intensity and ability on the national stage is laughable. That's what the Kiwis, Saffas and Convicts are doing - laughing.

I went to the Millennium last weekend in anticipation of seeing an improved Welsh team from the infuriating model that was on display a couple of months ago in the 6 Nations. For the first 20 minutes I thought my luck was in. We looked controlled and clued-up and took a commanding 16-3 lead.
Now, if that was a SH side, the dominance would continue, the points would carry on being racked up and maybe even another try scored before half-time; with the opposition denied any scoring of their own at all costs.
Fat chance.
Wales seemed to agree that we were too far ahead and would not start playing rugby again until we were atleast 14 points down and the game was already lost. Fair play to them. From the moment we took that 13 point lead we didn't look like we wanted to play rugby. Our forwards looked as likely to hit a ruck as Michael Jackson is to playing Glastonbury this year. What's with that?? You watch NZ, SA... and their forwards are working together in packs, always 100% and making sure the ball is secure and providing quick ball.
You see us and a solitary prop standing still receives the ball, goes limply into contact whilst his teammates watch him do it, then when they notice he's getting ball ripped off him only then do they go to support; where a turnover or penalty has already been conceded. I CAN SEE THIS, WHAT ARE THE COACHES WATCHING??!!!!
Gatland has recently conceded that the flair of the Welsh play has diminished as concentration has been placed on physicality and toughening up. However, what I have been watching does not look like a team that has bulked up, there is no discernable improvement at the breakdown and the backline moves are clueless.
So what we now have is a pack that get outmuscled and backs that don't know how to break a line or finish a move. Amazing.

For 'England' see above.
Decent forwards, but me, Nelson Mandela and Margaret Beckett could have dismantled that Aussie front-row. The backs were a laughing stock, mainly because Toby Flood can't control ****! Who thought it would be a good idea to put this guy in an England shirt? What a doofus.

So, I'm narked!! Can someone please make sense of my unintelligible ramblings and allay my fears or confirm that the SH are 27 billion lightyears ahead of us poor northern ********?!

I go with what you say ... what are the coaches watching ... I want to know what they are watching on their Mac's to be honest. Also who's Margaret Beckett?

Irelands 3 best players against NZ at the weekend were probably Buckley, Cronin and Trimble. Those 3 players have not played as much rugby as the other this season which probably explains alot.

Rugby (in the NH at least) is expecting too much of players. Between internationals, league games and cup games they're being flogged. Not to mention the Lions tour which basically ment about 40 players got no decent time off last summer.

Theres an interesting stat about the French winning the 6 nations. The 6N after the Lions tour have been usually won by the French who I think have won the last 4 with 3 grand slams. Coincidence? It might be but a clear pattern is begining to emerge.

When South Africa lost to Ireland at Croke park last november it was clear they were drained after a long season. None of the teams will admit it because they don't want to make excuses but its obviously something that can't be ignored.

Irelands 3 best players against NZ at the weekend were probably Buckley, Cronin and Trimble. Those 3 players have not played as much rugby as the other this season which probably explains alot.

Rugby (in the NH at least) is expecting too much of players. Between internationals, league games and cup games they're being flogged. Not to mention the Lions tour which basically ment about 40 players got no decent time off last summer.

Theres an interesting stat about the French winning the 6 nations. The 6N after the Lions tour have been usually won by the French who I think have won the last 4 with 3 grand slams. Coincidence? It might be but a clear pattern is begining to emerge.

When South Africa lost to Ireland at Croke park last november it was clear they were drained after a long season. None of the teams will admit it because they don't want to make excuses but its obviously something that can't be ignored.

More games should equal bigger squads meaning more talented player of any given nationality.

Latest posts