• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Not What I Expected!

Originally posted by Alan@Dec 16 2005, 04:12 PM
I thought you guys would be a little more interested in what I had to say - apparently not. I will not be coming back.

Why on earth did this imbecile think we'd be "a little more interested in what he had to say"?

It illustrates the point perfectly really.
He wants us to listen to HIM.

Why not try listening to the consumer for once? We are the ones who'll tell you whats required to make the best game. What the hell does it achieve the other way round?

Are you going to explain to us how to be good pet consumers and take whatever we're fed?

I couldn't give one stuff what anyone calls me on this forum. Not at all. Leaving in the way you are is what I would describe as cowardice if I did it. So how come you have such a thin skin?

I can see how a lot of this games stuff-ups were made. Obviously, everyone was too precious with each others feelings to call a spade a spade!

Originally posted by Alan@Dec 16 2005, 02:03 PM
What's the point in having "auto" play a godlike game?  If you leave it on auto you won't have to set stuff yourself but it's not going to make the best decisions ever. If you want to eek out the best performance / success, you take control yourself.

That's the point.

Anyway sounds like you're gonna hate it no matter what - why don't you take it back and get on with your life, you'll do no one any favours giving yourself an ulcer over it
<
Though Mario was unfairly abused on these forums (may I add by ONE member only) and left with good reason, Alan appears to have left this forum because some members (including myself) think RL2 is fair from impressive................

I thought AK47 (and Knowsley for that matter) made some very valid points in a "controlled" manner and if Alan can not take the good feedback with the bad then maybe he is in the wrong business.

Telling people, who paid good money and are rightly disappointed in his product, to "get on with their lives" is downright rude and condescending, and shows how far the PR machine at SIDHE has gone downhill since their first foray into rugby league video gaming.

Maybe it all started when prior to release Mario said on the SIDHE forums that rep sides in the game are picked on form, when in actual fact they are not???

Oh, and Alan...............for the record an "auto" option is obviously for people that want nothing to do with that aspect of the game, and therefore that gamer shouldn't be disadvantaged (as they will be if they choose "automatic training" in this game) because they decide to choose the auto option - strangely makes sense doesn't it???

Originally posted by Ride The Cliche@Dec 18 2005, 06:06 PM
Oh, and Alan...............for the record an "auto" option is obviously for people that want nothing to do with that aspect of the game, and therefore that gamer shouldn't be disadvantaged (as they will be if they choose "automatic training" in this game) because they decide to choose the auto option - strangely makes sense doesn't it???
I had to read that sentence twice, but yes. Yes it does!

Originally posted by Alan@Dec 16 2005, 04:12 PM
I thought you guys would be a little more interested in what I had to say - apparently not. I will not be coming back.
I don't get it why are you leaving?

Originally posted by doovepop+Dec 18 2005, 11:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (doovepop @ Dec 18 2005, 11:32 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Alan
@Dec 16 2005, 04:12 PM
I don't get it why are you leaving? [/b]
He's being childish... I'm not sure why he thinks being pouty will get through to the fans.

I would like to think he regrets saying it now. Maybe he has the balls to come back and admit it was a knee jerk reaction to some very close to the mark comments about RL2.

If Alan and Mario are interested in having access to a wealth of rugby gaming knowledge ( which you would think they would be given they develop rugby games ) im sure they will be back ?

They will be back, they just wont post,and we wont know who they are, theres too much realistic feedback here for them to ignore, theyll be back when theyre ready to get real about what needs to be done for RL3.

Even if they do come back guys and they say that they are going to listen I don`t think it will improve. I mean how could they release this game with all the bugs that I have been hearing about and not expect a pasting!!

They definatley knew that they were there I mean come on these guys had hours and hours of testing even if the testers they called in chose to suck up big time, Mario and the guys would have know that this game would only cause many complaints.

why would anybody here listen to alan and anybody from sidhe. the majority hate the game and just bag the game for any little reason. there is nothing sidhe can do to change knowsleyroaders view about the game and therefore his view of sidhe. why bother posting somewhere where the fans don't care about what you post.

Originally posted by esoj@Dec 21 2005, 08:49 AM
why would anybody here listen to alan and anybody from sidhe. the majority hate the game and just bag the game for any little reason. there is nothing sidhe can do to change knowsleyroaders view about the game and therefore his view of sidhe. why bother posting somewhere where the fans don't care about what you post.
I don't think that's a fair comment... I personally love the game, but a lot of the comments and complaints on this forum are valid and sidhe would do well to listen to them... what Alan did smacks of immaturity and arrogance.

persoanlly i am having alot of fun still with RL2...moreso than Rugby2005

I wasnt personally slanging them...i was mearely suggesting what to fix, and advertising what is wrong with the current product.

They didnt like that

So i guess, Gol, and the sidhe crew, can make immaterial improvements, as he is 1 fan they do listen to, and it just happens to be a conflict of interest, and he just happens to say what they want..."best sports game ever"......u know where the jabronies can take that quote.

i havent played pes5 since i got rl2...........that says alot, but i'm getting excited for my next pes5 session...especially after this rl2 vossy vest...i cant stop playing.

vossy's voice is in my nightmares!!!!!!!!!!!
<

What is the world coming to?

Sorry Alan, I think you have reacted poorly to criticism. Yes, it's your game, but surely you would like to make your game better? This is not Los Lover blasting Mario here, this is two of your English stats team telling you that things can be better as well as a host of your fans.

I think RL2 is good. Not great, but good. I think there's a bit of laziness involved here and there, some things are good, others not so good. I don't believe that anyone has overstepped the mark.

I'm not going to beg you to return, if you want to turn your back on your customers then that's down to you. SIDHE come in for a lot less criticism on this forum than they do in most places.

I would rather that the guys from sidhe didnt post on this forum, it always seems to end in tears, as long as they come hear and read. That way we can all get what we want, (them feedback, and us, improvements on the major problems.) without any tears or hard feeilings.

I would say that would be the course of action they take as they can't seem to get what they want from posting/ this has to be one of the largest rugby gaming forums in the world as well so they will ignore us at their peril.

Originally posted by esoj@Dec 21 2005, 09:49 AM
Why do you always refer to me in your posts ? Am I the only one on here that said anything negative about the game ? Your begining to give me the feeling I have a stalker.

you always mention me in your posts so it should only be faur I mention you in mine. lol seriously you were just used as an example as I said in my post the majority on here hate the game.

Latest posts