• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Nottingham RFC at Meadow Lane

sigesige00

Bench Player
Nottingham RFC are playing at Meadow Lane, the stadium of Notts County FC.
According to Wikipedia, the pitch size of Meadow Lane is 104m*69m.
I am interested in the field size when Nottingham RFC plays.
According to the RU Laws, the length of field of play is 100m (at least 97m).
So how long are the in-goals at Meadow Lane?

Cannot say I have noticed to be honest, dont like Meadow lane anyway wish they would move somewhere else the wendyball fans have never liked rugby being played there and its never really felt like a home.

Cannot say I have noticed to be honest, dont like Meadow lane anyway wish they would move somewhere else the wendyball fans have never liked rugby being played there and its never really felt like a home.

Could you ask your club about the pitch size? I think that Rugby should go 105m (93m field of play, 6m*2 ingoals)*68m.

100m is the maximum in the laws, it doesn't have to be exactly 100m (although it's a sort-of standard where possible). I'm pretty sure I saw documentation that said Saracens have a 99m (try line to try line) pitch at Barnet Copthall, oddly enough.

100m is the maximum in the laws, it doesn't have to be exactly 100m (although it's a sort-of standard where possible). I'm pretty sure I saw documentation that said Saracens have a 99m (try line to try line) pitch at Barnet Copthall, oddly enough.

As far as I heard, the minimum length of field-of-play is 97m and width is 67.9m. Is that correct?

IIRC the IRB laws don't actually have a minimum, but competition rules will be likely to (so you can't greet away teams with the sight of a basketball court sized patch of grass).

Latest posts