• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Nottingham RFC under threat!

P

Prestwick

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...ish/7708626.stm

First Coventry and now Nottingham RFC faces the axe after a 300,000 GBP land deal goes south! Nottingham states that they face going under as early as December and need 300,000 GBP worth of investment to stave off liquidation!

Come on guys! Nottingham are a great club with a fantastic fanbase. Northampton fans may remember the generous welcome that Nottingham and its fans gave the club on its sabbatical in ND1 last year. I remember surfing the Nottingham forums and found that the fans were genuinely excited and chuffed that a club like Northampton was visiting Nottingham. Lets return those good vibes with a donation to keep Nottingham afloat!

I truly feel bad for them, their fans last year were a great bunch and they do play a fantastic brand of expansive and exciting rugby.

Here's hoping thing turn around for them and fast!

Its very sad news it would be sad to see a club with Nottinghams history go. Especialy as they are having such a good season and have a fighting chance of getting back to the top tier of english rugby being from nottingham it would be great to see GP rugby in the city. I dont think it will happen under the current system tho as the top teams in NL1 dont seem to be able to cope with the team that comes down from the GP every season. Any way I hope they pull through this crisis and carry on with the success on the playing field.

Waterloo are f***ed too...they'll be lucky to finish the season they way things are going. :( :( :(

Well there is some good news for Nottingham. They've revealed that their recent cup run has meant that they have staved off the threat of liquidation! Hurrah! :D

Latest posts