• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2016 EOYT] England vs. Argentina (26/11/2016)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
England.png
attachment.php
Argentina.png

Venue: Twickenham
Time: 16:30 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

I think England should win reasonably comfortably 14+, been a bit disappointed with Argentina to be honest.

After a decent WC performance in 2015, our first complete season in SR and an acceptable 2016 RC, we've forgotten everything we've learned and we're back to where we were in 2014. Wasted 1 entire year to accomplish nothing. We ended up 2015 as a young, up-and-coming, solid squad with an ambitious plan and on the rise. We will end 2015 gladly accepting the scraps of the big boys table and celebrating our only win against Japan's second XV. Bloody pathetic.

Our defense is feeble and everything we've striven for offensively for the last 2 years has, quite literally, vanished.
Over the last two games we've played like a pair of clueless, uni dimensional headless chickens.
If some of our players wore different socks, they'd probably attempt to tackle each other... and miss.

I don't see how we can win this after what we've displayed vs Wales and Scotland. Hope i'm wrong.

The only positive thing i can see right now is that we've got a lot of time to correct this. Not sure our management has the skill set to do so thou.

England wins by 10/15+. England is full strength? or they have injuries?

I dont understant why we change the offload completely to a frontal game instead of just tunning the offload game that has paid off a lot of time(4N second scoring team). If you look the 4N matches(especialy the 60m against AB) with that kind of gameplay we could won against Wales/Scottland.

It´s clear that management is not up to the task. They cant adapt from one half to other. Maybe we need a consultant to help Hourcade.

England wins by 10/15+. England is full strength? or they have injuries?

I dont understant why we change the offload completely to a frontal game instead of just tunning the offload game that has paid off a lot of time(4N second scoring team). If you look the 4N matches(especialy the 60m against AB) with that kind of gameplay we could won against Wales/Scottland.

It´s clear that management is not up to the task. They cant adapt from one half to other. Maybe we need a consultant to help Hourcade.

I hope you're joking, England are miles off full strength, I think we could put out an entire team of injured players.

yeah it was geniuine question. =D

Well, perhaps that will make for a more even match.

^ Will Eddie pick George Kruis now he is available, but not match fit?
Sorry for Launch' as he has been back to his best.

I think he will start Ewels and bring Kruis on.

Is Kitchener or Symons fit?

Eddie has said that George will be a starter if he can play, not a bench option. So yes, I'm expecting him to start. The alternative from what Eddie's said is: 4. Ewels 5. Lawes 19. Beaumont. I can't see that being the selection.

I think Eddie may "rest" a few players in anticipation of the Aus game. Billy V looks like he is shattered.

Did anyone else think JJ still looked p*ssed off for being dropped for the first game?
My 15 for Saturday.

Marler
George
Sinkler
Lawes
Kruis
Robshaw
Hughes
Morgan
Youngs
Ford
Roko
JJ
Slade
May
Daly

A controversial pick if nothing else.

Last edited:
England can't be that far off our record?

On 12 ATM. If we can get through this Autumn and the 6 Nations we'll have beaten you. Unfortunately I can't see that happening. Oz have found form, whereas we're lacking a lot of 1st team players. I'm not expecting a loss, but I'm prepared for it. In the 6 Nations Ireland could easily have us.

I think Eddie may "rest" a few players in anticipation of the Aus game. Billy V looks like he is shattered.

Did anyone else think JJ still looked p*ssed off for being dropped for the first game?
My 15 for Saturday.

Marler
George
Sinkler
Lawes
Kruis
Robshaw
Hughes
Morgan
Youngs
Ford
Roko
JJ
Slade
May
Daly

I think you've underestimated Argentina with that side. They're a quality team and if we don't put out the best players available they will snatch it. I'm expecting some resting, but not as much as you've proposed. In hindsight, Fiji really was the time to give the Vunipolas, Hartley, Robshaw and Farrell a rest.

Please tell me I missed Kruis' comeback? I wouldn't want to see one of our top men parachuted straight back in after minor surgery and no rugby for over a month. Especially for a game that we really should win.

Launch being cited is a joke. One of the cleanest players of the game with an exemplary record. Never in a million years would he endanger another player. If I were a more cynical person I might suggest citing officials from other parts of the world may have taken an unnecessarily harsh view?!

Anyway we can't afford to take the Argies likely. They have been known to play some pretty good rugby and it's in them to do it again. We have momentum and need to keep that going. If Kruis is more or less fit he's bound to start with Lawes. I rekon the 15 will look something like this

1. Cole 2. Hartley 3. Vunipola
4. Lawes 5. Kruis
6. Robshaw 7. Hughes? 8. Billy
9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. May
12. Faz
13. JJ
14. Roko
15. Daly

I'm really hoping Daly gets a run out at 15, he's played everywhere else. Plus I think he's a really good option there. Great counter attacking pace, huge left boot, and the goal kicking skills. Unfortunately I think Brown will be back and Daly will be benched.

Maybe this time the suns will come
On a bit sooner. Give some of the other lads some extra game time. Although EJ is a real pragmatist and I think he'll be looking for the lads to grind the Argies into the ground and show zero mercy

Latest posts